Jordan Clarke - the new Lloyd McGrath (1 Viewer)

japandy

Not since the 80s have we had a local lad who would play anywhere and run through walls for the club. If, a 'bigger star' (coughcough) wants to test him (or her) self at a higher level then I'll come and help them pack. Jordan Clarke, I believe, will become a cult hero for the city. SP sign him onto a 5 year deal. He ha already shown his steel before when he was given the boot now he is becoming the guy SP can rely on, just like our 'oh-ah Lloyd McGrath, say oh-ah Llyod McGrath'. We need to Clarke a mix of songs - to the sound of yellow submarine we do the Gary Breen. ------- We all need a team of 11 Jordan Clarkes, 11 Jordan Clarkes, 11 Jordan Clarkes etc' -----ok I'll get my coat --

Jake22

He's not been the worst this season. Fair enough, he makes some mistakes, but so does everyone. As you pointed out, he's done (as far as we know) everything Pressley has asked of him. A player who's shown great commitment to the cause so far.

Gint11

Bit over the top. I agree that its fantastic when a home grown comes through and actually has a career with the club. He is starting to look versatile. He definately has the right attitude so fair play to him. SP is the right man to develop him.

BigadamL

All the team have made mistakes at some point this season the problem is because he is a defender they are through on goal. I'd say less McGrath and more Telfer tho ha

torchomatic

Woah there! I think he has a long way to go before being anywhere near as good as Lloyd was for us. He's got to cut out the mistakes for a start. We've lost quite a few goals this season because of him.

Monners

Woah there! I think he has a long way to go before being anywhere near as good as Lloyd was for us. He's got to cut out the mistakes for a start. We've lost quite a few goals this season because of him.

Agree with this. Lloyd's main qualities were that he was good in the tackle and generally reliable (also a good engine). I can see the potential with Clarke, but a long way to go yet.

torchomatic

I remember after Lloyd broke his leg and was being stretchered off he was waving to the crowd. They'll never be a player quite as committed as Lloyd was. A star.

Agree with this. Lloyd's main qualities were that he was good in the tackle and generally reliable (also a good engine). I can see the potential with Clarke, but a long way to go yet.

thaiskyblue

i think he had a few leg breaks and various other parts, i remember gazza flying his arm out at lloydy and Gazza going off with a broken arm, true sky blue legend and a gentleman to boot.

Monners

I remember after Lloyd broke his leg and was being stretchered off he was waving to the crowd. They'll never be a player quite as committed as Lloyd was. A star.

And when Paul Gascoigne broke his arm when elbowing Lloydy in the head!

Last edited:

duffer

McGrath was, and remains, my absolute hero. The definitive midfield destroyer; extremely disciplined, incredibly fit, and utterly fearless.

And he did it all at the top level of English football, holding his own against some very good players.

With all respect to Clarke, whom I've seen stick some proper tackles in, I don't think he's quite there yet.

torchomatic

MIne too. My favourite all time player. The only other one who came close for me was David Thompson.

These modern footballers are lightweight whingers.

McGrath was, and remains, my absolute hero. The definitive midfield destroyer; extremely disciplined, incredibly fit, and utterly fearless.

And he did it all at the top level of English football, holding his own against some very good players.

With all respect to Clarke, whom I've seen stick some proper tackles in, I don't think he's quite there yet.

skybluepm2

Gents, hold your horses. Please watch re-runs of the goals conceded throughout the season and I think you will find that he is culpable in excess of a third.

There were a handful of games where he played ok (wolves and walsall spring to mind) but to predict him becoming a cult hero is ridiculous. He was installed in the original bomb squad for a reason, and recalled because we couldn't get anyone else in..no matter how it was dressed up; attitude etc. He certainly wouldn't be here if we were able to bring in anyone half decent. Yes he's a local lad but there has to come a time where people realise that he is just not good enough; at right back, centre half and certainly up front! Just my honest opinion but I would give Willis, Seabourne and Webster the nod ahead of him every single time.

torchomatic

Yep. My son who is obsessed with the City records all the Football League shows and Goals Express, etc. THis morning while he was eating his brekky he was watching a Goals Express from 11 August. We drew with Shrewsbury. No prizes for guessing who gave the ball away for the goal. He has a long way to go and at 22 really should be cutting things like that out.

Gents, hold your horses. Please watch re-runs of the goals conceded throughout the season and I think you will find that he is culpable in excess of a third.

There were a handful of games where he played ok (wolves and walsall spring to mind) but to predict him becoming a cult hero is ridiculous. He was installed in the original bomb squad for a reason, and recalled because we couldn't get anyone else in..no matter how it was dressed up; attitude etc. He certainly wouldn't be here if we were able to bring in anyone half decent. Yes he's a local lad but there has to come a time where people realise that he is just not good enough; at right back, centre half and certainly up front! Just my honest opinion but I would give Willis, Seabourne and Webster the nod ahead of him every single time.

thaiskyblue

I never said he was brilliant, just that he has a brilliant attitude in my time most cult heroes fit that i.e downs, billing, mo, none were the greatest but gave everything, which considering whats going on at our club is going to be paramount if were going to have any sort of future, well done jordan clarke.

runner

It is nice to see a local lad come good ... I think his passion exceeds his ability, but he appears to have loyalty and that is rare in this day and age in a footballing context.

Samo

Jordan's efforts are appreciated but not even close to being in Lloyd's class

mark_ccfc

Ben Turner was the ideal man to take on that mantle. He was just coming good when guess what - yes we sold him, and now he is playing at the highest level for someone else. Thanks again SISU for all you have done over the last 4 years, you short sited, clueless, money grabbing muppets! And people on here have the cheek to blame anyone else for our problems.

thaiskyblue

Ben Turner was the ideal man to take on that mantle. He was just coming good when guess what - yes we sold him, and now he is playing at the highest level for someone else. Thanks again SISU for all you have done over the last 4 years, you short sited, clueless, money grabbing muppets! And people on here have the cheek to blame anyone else for our problems.
great shout forgot about big ben.

mds

Ben Turner was the ideal man to take on that mantle. He was just coming good when guess what - yes we sold him, and now he is playing at the highest level for someone else.

And he would of stayed at a league 1 club while possesing premierships skills for how long?

BigadamL

its crazy but i never actaully thought Ben Turner was that good, shows that with the right attitude and good coaching you can get to the 'promiseland'

duffer

its crazy but i never actaully thought Ben Turner was that good, shows that with the right attitude and good coaching you can get to the 'promiseland'

Absolutely. When Turner first started playing for us I thought he was a liability and would never make it - was I ever wrong!

Hopefully it will be the same with JC. He definitely makes mistakes, but it seems his heart is in it. It would be great to see him do as well as Turner, even better if he's still at the club when he does it!

torchomatic

I was the same. He was a heartbeat away from a mistake every time I saw him. I was wrong too.

Users who are viewing this thread