Jordan Clarke bickers with Twitter followers. (1 Viewer)

stupot07

it is a case of two wrongs don't make a right, and the fans were out of order and Jordan Clarke shouldn't have bitten. End of lets move on.

gouldberg

Just want to make it clear so no-one misinterprets the thread as me not backing Jordan (if I hadn't of made it, someone else would, lets be honest). I personally think Clarke was provoked to say what he did. He didn't handle it well but kids don't so that's that. I was more pointing to the fact that the fans seem to be turning on whoever they can at the moment, which is not good.

singers_pore

From the extended highlights I saw on SBW Clarke needs to keep his mouth shut and concentrate on improving his game. He was absolutely gash against Preston.:D

skyblu3sk

I think we all forget his age, of course he needs to have fun as well as work hard! and of course he may not handle fans as well as others but he's young and will learn.Give him a break.

I don't believe what im reading here. A football player gets paid a nice tidy wedge and he cant take a bit of abuse. If a more high profile player lets say King did this, there'd be uproar.

Wasn't any of you lot at Preston last week when he was gobbing off to the fans at the end with Clingan?

Clarke is everything i hate of footballers nowdays. No feelings towards the fans. Our club is in dire straits here, dying and all he can do is argue with fans. I for one, won't forgive him. He's not even that good.

skyblu3sk

I don't believe what im reading here. A football player gets paid a nice tidy wedge and he cant take a bit of abuse. If a more high profile player lets say King did this, there'd be uproar.

Wasn't any of you lot at Preston last week when he was gobbing off to the fans at the end with Clingan?

Clarke is everything i hate of footballers nowdays. No feelings towards the fans. Our club is in dire straits here, dying and all he can do is argue with fans. I for one, won't forgive him. He's not even that good.

So you would expect your 19 year old to take shite for something that was nothing really to do with him or that he could affect...? you have to remember they play football but they are people too.
And you damn right if someone gave me abuse over something that wasn't my fault they would get it back.

I wonder if he'd care if they dropped his wages???

I'd care if i had no manager, no chairman, no money and fighting for relegation. Us fans care so why shouldn’t he?

Age is irrelevant. He's big enough to earn a good wage and play for England he's big enough to take abuse. That's why there paid that much dough. Take the rough with the smooth.

Players shouldn't be bickering with fans. Like i said, if king did it, they'd be uproar?

skyblu3sk

I wonder if he'd care if they dropped his wages???

I'd care if i had no manager, no chairman, no money and fighting for relegation. Us fans care so why shouldn’t he?

Age is irrelevant. He's big enough to earn a good wage and play for England he's big enough to take abuse. That's why there paid that much dough. Take the rough with the smooth.

Players shouldn't be bickering with fans. Like i said, if king did it, they'd be uproar?

Well lets face it I'm sure he does care because if the club went under he would be unemployed If I was under that sort of pressure I would want "a good day" too and what you earn should have no affect on abuse from the public unless you do something wrong, which he hasn't

He mouthed it off after the Preston game to the fans. In which he was awful along with everyone else, end of the day he should know better and keep his mouth shut.

skyblu3sk

He mouthed it off after the Preston game to the fans. In which he was awful along with everyone else, end of the day he should know better and keep his mouth shut.

Think your expecting too much of him as a person and i'm sure the fans said something otherwise why would he bother. May have to agree to disagree on this one I think

stupot07

I though he got paid to play football. I'm sure there is nothing in his contract that says it's part of the job to take personal abuse through his personal twitter account. He's a Cov lad and a Cov supporter as well as employed by the club so i sure he is as worried about the situation as we are. However as an employee of the club he will not be allowed to make public comments about the current situation. This would be the same for employees in most large companies and why statements of concern are usually expressed through official union channels. I would face disciplinary action if I made public statements about my organisation. That said I would also face disciplinary action for the abusive tweets.

Why the which hunt? PUSB!

Think your expecting too much of him as a person and i'm sure the fans said something otherwise why would he bother. May have to agree to disagree on this one I think

Your right mate, im old skool and in my eyes Clarke should be more sympathtic to the fans during the current mess. Fair enough the fan shouldn;t be abusing him but calling a fan a prick don't look good and he should rise above it like most footballers on Twitter do.

skyblu3sk

One more point :D

I travelled to Preston last week and it was awful, the fans during the game were superb and deserve to vent there anger at the end of the day.

No problem ;) different views always welcome and valid don't have to always agree, I can also understand why the fans wanted to vent as its like a kick in the teeth to lose that late on! I'm sure the players were gutted too!

Oldfive

Fair enough, just think the anger is a bit misdirected in this case but again thats my point of view.

Thats fine , but while he was having his great day , i was glued to CWR wondering whether we still have a team to support . It was just frustration really , i said my piece and he didnt like it , no big deal really .

skyblu3sk

Thats fine , but while he was having his great day , i was glued to CWR wondering whether we still have a team to support . It was just frustration really , i said my piece and he didnt like it , no big deal really .

Think we all were. And he could lose his job and lets face it he hasn't set the world alight yet so may not have got another or certainly not as good. Just hope there aren't greater implications for the guy because of the tweets.

tippex9

Not really , players should know how we feel , and it was him that called me a prick , not the other way round .
IMHO Jordan had it about right

rob9872

Mumford and old five: if you think its ok to abuse a 19 year old kid and thin kits smart to brag about it under the guise if being a city fan then I think its ok for me to tell you that I think you're a pair of c*nts who should know better. Grow up and find something more constructive to do with your day, he is nothing to do with the reason we're in this mess, he has had a good day and good for him.You must lead pretty empty lives if some random kid telling you that upsets you.

Nonleagueherewecome

We need to get behind the players, not give them hell. I've never understood how getting on players backs and giving them grief is meant to motivate them to play better for our football club! By picking on a Cov lad who loves the club it's certainly the wrongest target we could pick. I'm not surprised he's giving some back, especiallyt after the PNE game when he'd played well. I'd do the same.

More to the point..can anyone decipher what Cyrus Christie is going on about? Fertilizer?!? Have SISU got the youth team working on a farm to raise extra income? Is this what the "revenue streams" in the "statement" refers to?

rob9872 - Behave eh. Age is irrelevant. He slagged the fans off after the Preston game (Which annoyed me as i travelled up there to watch utter rubbish again) Then while us fans are concerned with the club he’s going on the internet saying how such a great day he’s had etc... bullshit Rob – and regardless of what was said to him... calling a fan a prick shows what a gobshite he is. Like i said if King had slagged the fans off, you’d all be slating him. He should have just kept his mouth shut especially been from Cov, thought he'd understand more then most.

Clarke will be another Giddings anyway. Thinks he’s better then what he is just cause he gets capped at U18 for England

Macca

Who cares what happens on twatter anyway. And yes the lad does have an entitlement to a life whatever happens. If I have a day off when things aren't good at work I make damn sure I enjoy myself, its called escapism.

On a footballing note btw everytime I have seen him he has been shit.

ajsccfc

Then while us fans are concerned with the club he’s going on the internet saying how such a great day he’s had

So what? Is he supposed to traipse around in a constant pit of despair just to keep up appearances? He's enjoyed a day off, there's no reason whatsoever to start harassing him.

etc... bullshit Rob – and regardless of what was said to him... calling a fan a prick shows what a gobshite he is.

Why should it be 'regardless of what was said to him' when it was in direct reply to someone saying he and his colleagues are 'useless tw*ts'?

ajsccfc - Did you go Preston? I did, the whole team not just him were shite. We vented our anger and he mouthed back along with Clingan – a massive mistake.

A fan who has a right to question his daft twite about enjoying his day despite every fan (Well proper fans anyway) worrying about the state of the club. Any other day couldn’t give a shit if he had a good day but when the club is in a mess, he should think before he types.

Been a Cov lad and fan he should be more aware then most how the fans feel at the moment.If you’ve seen them play over the past 3 months you would agree there useless twats.

Useless or not it's lose lose really if u call somebody anything u deserve what u get. I must be a shit st holder as this is being written from a sun lounger in Tenerife, how dare I go on holiday whilst CCFC is in such a state.

Some people need to get a fekin reality check they really do.

Users who are viewing this thread