Jonson Clarke Harris (1 Viewer)

Skyblueol

I can’t be the only one who thinks he’s been a lot better this season. Having time out of the team at the start of the season has only seemed to have helped him. Think he looks a genuine threat now and creates dangerous chances. Taken both goals this year well and is unlucky not to have more. Don’t get why he is a scapegoat at times but do agree he is a frustrating player when he doesn’t perform.

joemercersaces

It does seem to depend what mood he’s in! I agree that so far this season he has looked a real handful for defences and, hopefully, there’s a lot more to come from him. I wouldn’t fancy playing against him, so good luck if and when you get to do one of your interviews.

skybluegod

To be honest I have no problem with him as a player. My only issue is with him acting like a wannabe gangster.

In terms of talent and performances he has been okay this year. Like all our strikers so far is just lacking goals.

Greggs

Fitness has dramatically improved, he has been good fun to watch this season. Definitely gets the respect from his opponent too

Captain Dart

Hadn't really considered that aspect, but yes, I think you're right. With Max being injured, he has had more match time, which will have certainly helped.
good point

fernandopartridge

Hadn't really considered that aspect, but yes, I think you're right. With Max being injured, he has had more match time, which will have certainly helped.

He looks trimmer than he did last year. He's been pretty decent but isn't as much of a goal threat as he should be. He ought to use his physicality better.

Greggs

He looks trimmer than he did last year. He's been pretty decent but isn't as much of a goal threat as he should be. He ought to use his physicality better.
He's battered centre halves into submission this season

Greggs

Bit of Hyperbole there, he has done well and won some battles. Wouldn't say he has battered them.
If you watch him for 90 minutes, you will notice he is a huge influence in the last 10-15 minutes of the game. This is because he has worn defenders down.

skybluegod

If you watch him for 90 minutes, you will notice he is a huge influence in the last 10-15 minutes of the game. This is because he has worn defenders down.

I don't think you can claim he has battered defences when we have only scored 11 goals so far this season and what, only 6 from open play is it?
As i said I think he has done well, but it is over-exaggerating to say he has battered anybody

GaryJones

He has had some serious personal problems going on - I think they are now in the past and you can tell he is settling down and into his role at the club.

Liquid Gold

When he first signed he was just coming back from a long term injury with no pre-season. I was sure when he signed that he'd be better this season than last. He needs to find the goal more often though as it puts a lot of pressure on Chaplin.

Paxman II

I don't think he is good enough at this level atm. he lacks pace, is often lazy and frustrating at the same time. He does not have much in his locker.
I would go with Bakayako tomorrow alongside Chaplin as he is on a high with his Charlton heroics and then another race for the under 23's. JCH was not very good at all against Wycombe.

fernandopartridge

He's battered centre halves into submission this season

Sorry, what I mean by that is in more dangerous areas. I agree he is very good at holding the ball up particularly where we're leading in games, but, he's less of a threat in the box than he could be.

harvey098

I’ve never been a massive fan but he’s been a lot better since the Sunderland game onwards. Hope it can continue, I’d stick with him over Bakayoko if it was up to me.

Skyblueol

I don't think he is good enough at this level atm. he lacks pace, is often lazy and frustrating at the same time. He does not have much in his locker.
I would go with Bakayako tomorrow alongside Chaplin as he is on a high with his Charlton heroics and then another race for the under 23's. JCH was not very good at all against Wycombe.
He showed against Portsmouth he certainly doesn’t lack pace by getting on to that ball he should have finished but clearly has some amount of pace. He has great technique when he shoots too. He also won a several amount of flick on’s against Wycombe. And also hit that wonder pass for hiwula so don’t think it’s fair to say he doesn’t have much in his locker

Terry_dactyl

It’s my opinion that you don’t have to score a shed load of goals to contribute as a striker. JCH has been very good this year at holding the ball up/link up play, winning free kicks, and, as already mentioed, battering defenders. I would not expect him to be scoring loads I just don’t think he’s that sort of striker, although I obviously hope he proves me wrong.
His contribution has far exceeded my expectations, as I wasn’t convinced he could do the ‘dirty’ stuff. Really like him.

SAJ

Totally disagree. Against Wycombe he had another good game up against two big centre back where he won 50% of the headers. He hit what must be close to pass of the season all of 50 yards to create a fantastic opportunity to score. In the past few weeks he has imo been one of our better players.

Johhny Blue

Totally disagree. Against Wycombe he had another good game up against two big centre back where he won 50% of the headers. He hit what must be close to pass of the season all of 50 yards to create a fantastic opportunity to score. In the past few weeks he has imo been one of our better players.
It would have made runner up for best assist of the game

Nick

Administrator
He didn't really win much at all. He stood out when we went 1-0 up and he held the ball up.

It was a great pass but that was about all (bar some good defensive headers)

SAJ

He didn't really win much at all. He stood out when we went 1-0 up and he held the ball up.

It was a great pass but that was about all (bar some good defensive headers)
Nick
Have to disagree again. In the first half he set up Thomas winning a ball from a free kick. In the second half he had two close efforts. You only need to look at the sky highlights to see he did far more than we seen to want to give him credit for.

christonabike

He doesn’t show enough presence up front too happy to fall over. Slows it when he should be speed it up and just does not move enough when we chase the game.
An afternoon with Bobby Gould on how to muscle your way past nasty hard bastids who would eat JCH for supper would be better.
He looks the part but wouldn’t wear Adebolas boots who played at a higher level. He needs to man up and use the BALL not flimsy falls and half hearted shots and runs.
There is a good player there somewhere no doubting that.

Nick

Administrator
Nick
Have to disagree again. In the first half he set up Thomas winning a ball from a free kick. In the second half he had two close efforts. You only need to look at the sky highlights to see he did far more than we seen to want to give him credit for.

Which were the close efforts? Did the keeper have to pull off class saves?

If I remember, he smashed one wide where he could have passed?

stevefloyd

Its a mixed bag from him too often he chooses the easy option of falling over instead of 'battering ' but maybe this tactic buys him more space because the oppos defenders are more reluctant to tackle him because they know he will fall easily, still reckon he needs to be having more chances at goal but hes all we have with this type of striker because Baka is certainly not so physical but I would like to see how Hiwula and Chaplin could play together because I could see more goals in that partnership if we got rid if our hoofball completely

johnwillomagic

Undecided on him starting ahead of Bakayoko - I think he does just about get the nod but needs to chip in with a few more goals.
Agree at times works very hard for the team but at other times does look a little lazy and disinterested.

Still happy to have him as is a good attacking option and offers different attributes to say Chaplin in terms of attacking.

Londonccfcfan

He’s been superb since he came into the team against Gillingham away and showed in that game what we were lacking previously after Biamou injury, after that toothless performance vs Blackpool away.

Since he’s been in the team there’s direct correlation with results and performances. He’s been close to motm in 4/5 games since Gillingham game. His performance against Sunderland was superb.

Really pleased he’s stepped up to play Biamou role. But like Biamou he needs to bag a few more goals.

I think there’s more to come, we haven’t seen the best of his thunderbolt left foot shots.

Robins needs to keep him hungry and angry.

Ricketts

Having to listen to CWR. Amazing clearance by Sterling as it's a throw in to Scunthorpe!

Whoops, wrong thread. That will teach me to try and multitask.

Last edited:

pusbccfc

He was phenomenal today. Bullied them.

covcity4life

By having 50% of aerial duels won? Doubtful. Any centre forward can jump for every ball

He needs to win more. End of

But he is playing well and long may it continue but as another poster said. Hyperbole to say he batters defenders

Users who are viewing this thread