Jones > Thomas (5 Viewers)

skyblueeyesrevisited

Thomas has a lot of good attributes but sadly turns into a rabbit in the headlights as soon as he gets in the 18 yard box. That said the great Tommy Hutchison was much the same.

Gazolba

If I was CCFC manager, I'd have Thomas taking 100 shots at goal every day with his right foot.
By now, he'd have practiced around 25,000 shots.

DannyThomas_1981

Disagree, Jones has never shown himself to be on Thomas level for making himself opportunities

I don't think that's fair on Jones at all. I do see both sides of this argument though.

For me, Thomas has been outstanding this season overall and prior to Bright's introduction and the tweak in formation he was our main (some might say only) attacking outlet. He has a big future in the game.

Jones was fantastic until injury last season. The stand-out player in Division 2 and single handedly terrorising defences and winning games. Leeds were keen to sign him at that time. Not sure why some are connecting Jones injury with McNulty's improved form last season. Two different issues. Perhaps McNulty benefitted from a change in formation, improved fitness and the emergence of Max (and fcuk off Grendel in advance not interested in your response before you write anything). Jones was a huge loss both last season and this season. I only wish we'd had the chance of seeing Jones and Thomas on the pitch together. If Jones returns to full fitness it will be a huge benefit to the team next season.

Magwitch

If we can sign Thomas permenantly I wouldn’t hesitate, I know he’s missed a shed load of chances but I still believe there’s plenty of goals there. As for Jones he’s a fingers crossed player for me when he gets back I reckon October/November it obviously depends how, a full recovery is a bonus, a nice bonus but we can’t be depending on it.
Will Derby sell Thomas ? might depending what division they are in and can we afford the fee likely to be on the high side. Would our owner sanction it, doubtful, a new one might.

Last edited:

rob9872

For balance the pre injured Jones that played less than half a season at L1 level in a poor relegation side was also younger inexperienced and plucked from nonleague. Whether he'll be the same when he returns we can't say, but to suggest he couldn't cut it at L1 level is unfair. As a raw comparison at this age Thomas looks to have more attributes but I don't see either of them playing the top level with their limitations

Users who are viewing this thread