Johnson Penalty (1 Viewer)

skybluesham

Watching FA cup highlights and kilbane said that johnsons penalty was poor and that he shouldnt of tooke it. TOTALLY agreed. Jackson, JOB or even Maddison should have took this not a CB. Has he ever took one before??? Did Pressley mention anythink on radio about why he took it?

Ian1779

My opinion - he was trying to take some responsibility... which I applaud. However he should have the sense to know that there are better penalty takers in the team.

ccfc92

Surely any professional footballer can/should score a penalty?

Not arguing that a striker or whoever should of took it, I'm just saying.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Watching FA cup highlights and kilbane said that johnsons penalty was poor and that he shouldnt of tooke it. TOTALLY agreed. Jackson, JOB or even Maddison should have took this not a CB. Has he ever took one before??? Did Pressley mention anythink on radio about why he took it?

Pressley said he encourages whoever feels confident at the time to take it.

I don't blame Johnson for taking it, the rest of the team are cowards. Jackson is a senior player and a striker who supposedly wants to score goals, he should have been ripping the ball away from Johnson. Spineless.

Tonylinc

Pressley simply said that he left it to the players to decide who was the most confident. Strange that someone was not appointed beforehand????

ccfcway

Pressley simply said that he left it to the players to decide who was the most confident. Strange that someone was not appointed beforehand????

woudnt surprise me if he left the tactics and formation to them as well

Kingokings204

Yes confirmed it was because he wanted to take responsibilty. However it's not about that for me it is best person for the job. Johnson wasn't the best man for the job so doesn't make much sense.

Agree that SP should of had this decided before hand the fact he has left it to the players shows he has lost the dressing room imo. No other club would have this

Users who are viewing this thread