Johnson and Nouble to save Pressleys job? (1 Viewer)

Mr pot

results have gone to shit since redas sending off. Forward line is cack. I spend at least 100 quid each game I go to. My patience is wearing very thin to point of deciding whether to go on Saturday. I'm firmly in the Pressleys out at the moment because of the negativity his tatics are producing.

Can the return these players turn around the form of the current team. I'm afraid I won't dip into my pocket again until I'm certain these two are in the starting lineup again.

ccfc92

results have gone to shit since redas sending off. Forward line is cack. I spend at least 100 quid each game I go to. My patience is wearing very thin to point of deciding whether to go on Saturday. I'm firmly in the Pressleys out at the moment because of the negativity his tatics are producing.

Can the return these players turn around the form of the current team. I'm afraid I won't dip into my pocket again until I'm certain these two are in the starting lineup again.

I feel your financial and emotional pain. I am 100% in the I don't know camp personally, if he starts adapting to games, then I think he can probably turn things around. If he persists with "aye, well I've seen that wee team in the world cup play this system", then his days are numbered.

When he was appointed, I was underwhelmed, but gave him a chance, and glad I did. I'm still slightly in favour of SP, but only just! I'm hoping he takes on board what needs changing, and not just be defiant in changing tactics.

I bought tickets for Orient today, and will be at Notts county, both going to cost around £300, but I don't mind if I see effort by the players on the pitch and management too.

Gazolba

Do you really think the players are good enough no matter what system they play?

ccfc92

Do you really think the players are good enough no matter what system they play?

Hard question.

On paper, sort of. We do have good players, and if played in correct positions, then we could do well. At least top 12.

Wether SP is the man to get these players playing well is a different question.

Mr pot

The only thing I agree with him is the physicality argument. He used the negative 352 even when both the above players were in the starting line up and we just scraped results. Without that thin backbone we are shocking at the moment.

That game against exeter was great for the atmosphere being put in the same stand. But realistically I feel being a top 10 league 2 side is the only feeling I get from this current line up. That is plainly shocking that the only joy ive had at home since yeovil was that game. We werent even eyecatching in that. If it wasnt for 5 quid tickets exeter fans would have easily dominated singers corner.

Last edited:

Otis

Hard question.

On paper, sort of. We do have good players, and if played in correct positions, then we could do well. At least top 12.

Wether SP is the man to get these players playing well is a different question.

We do have some good players, but the squad is poor.

I don't understand anyone who says we have a good squad. We don't even have a half decent goalkeeper and surely that is a very key component for any team. You look to the spine and there is the obvious weakness.

We lack any physicality in midfield. Not one single physical player in the group of midfielders we have. We only have one physical player up front.

We have some good players, but this is a squad that is sadly lacking. The annoying thing in all this is, that it wouldn't need that much addressing to make this a good squad. Fill the key roles with decent players and then we have a team that can compete.

Greggs

The trouble is, when you sign players with a history of injury, they tend to get injured a lot!!! :jerkit:

stupot07

I think our run is more a coincidence than a consequence of those two players being out.

Our squad is poor, we're missing physicality on midfield, we lack leaders across the pitch, there are no goals from midfield, our fullbacks/wingbacks are too inexperienced, our midfield is too samey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Otis

I think our run is more a coincidence than a consequence of those two players being out.

Our squad is poor, we're missing physicality on midfield, we lack leaders across the pitch, there are no goals from midfield, our fullbacks/wingbacks are too inexperienced, our midfield is too samey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

And have a think here, how many tackles have we made in midifeld to win the ball back this season? Think you'll really struggle to come up with many at all.

No attacking threat from midfield, not enough goals from midfield, no physicality from midfield.

The Philosopher

They are the only two physical players we have, but we can't rely on 2 players, especially one that's so fragile! A team is made of 11. Not 2.

Think he's hoping they can come back in and work wonders, but u have my doubts.....

Back in the day you would have a reserve squad that mirrored the first team (I.e. If you had a target man and a poacher set up then you would have a reserve target man and reserve poacher).

You would also have a reserve team that played regularly at some kind of competitive level so that if you had an injury there would be a match fit player ready to step up.

I just cannot fathom the set up that SP has, one injury / setback and the whole system fails.

In any other industry it would be called bad management.

I rest my case m'lud.

Godiva

Back in the day you would have a reserve squad that mirrored the first team (I.e. If you had a target man and a poacher set up then you would have a reserve target man and reserve poacher).

You would also have a reserve team that played regularly at some kind of competitive level so that if you had an injury there would be a match fit player ready to step up.

I just cannot fathom the set up that SP has, one injury / setback and the whole system fails.

In any other industry it would be called bad management.

I rest my case m'lud.

We do have a reserve team - the u17.
I was going to say the u21 but realised that is actually the A team.

mkcityman

Whilst 2 players do not make the team we do need them back. My big concern is that no matter who is playing there appears a lack of trust between the back 4 and Allsop in goal. I don't think he instils confidence so we panic.

Users who are viewing this thread