Johnny Vegas (1 Viewer)

Otis

Anyone seen him live before? Any good?

Saw Paul McCaffrey on Live at the Apollo and thought he was quite funny, so might Screenshot_20200115-081603.png give this a whirl.

Sky_Blue_Daz

I think tickets are between £29 and £45 but I might be wrong

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Bumped into Johnny Vegas in a Sainsbury's till queue in Muswell Hill a few years ago. Apparently, he just lived round the corner and was a regular shopper there.

chiefdave

Anyone been to the venue? They seem to have some big names comedy wise but the place gets terrible reviews on Trip Advisor.

PurpleBin

Where is the Rialto?

I saw him once waiting for a train in Runcorn. Not really sure how that's relevant or interesting but I thought I'd share anyway.

rob9872

Did anyone else open this thinking he might have been dead?

Anyhow, back on topic, not really a fan, never found him particularly funny on panel shows, tries a bit too hard to be 'out there'. Not seen his stand up so can't comment, but always thought he'd make a great contestant on Taskmaster!

LastGarrison

Saw this, this morning and have to say I quite fancy it!

Not been to the Rialto yet but have got tickets for a night with Frank Bruno there in May so will let you know.

I heard the Sean lock one wasn't set up very well.
Hi Nick

Forgive the delay in replying on here - I'm the Head of Programming at the Rialto. The Sean Lock event was our first ever Comedy show here; and you're completely right it wasn't set up correctly. Since then we've ran shows with Paul Smith and Russell Kane (And then the pandemic hit!) and our comedy is now theatre style seated, rather than table service which was trialled and failed for Comedy.

Please, do give us a try again - we've a few exciting events coming up and the calendar is only going to get better! We've also just had some work done on the building so its completely new to all customers ;)

shmmeee

Always drive past the Rialto and think I might give it a go, but whatever is on never seems quite good enough quality. £39+ to see a B list comic from 20 years ago seems a bit much!

Whenever I go and see current comedy acts at the Arts Centre it’s about £20-30. What am I missing?

Always drive past the Rialto and think I might give it a go, but whatever is on never seems quite good enough quality. £39+ to see a B list comic from 20 years ago seems a bit much!

Whenever I go and see current comedy acts at the Arts Centre it’s about £20-30. What am I missing?

Very valid point - and something we try and combat. At the Arts Centre, they're going in on ticket splits and touring shows - here we have to guarantee them a fee, and to do that we have to ensure the costs are covered on a B/E point.

That being said, we have reviewed our comedy, and we're going to be aiming for the more affordable side of the coin from a customer POV. We're launching nights in the next couple of months ranging between £25 and £35 a ticket.

It's also worth noting for the Arts Centre nights, you're getting 1 comedian and maybe a support act. We've tried to aim it similar to a Live at the Apollo style - 1 host, 2 warm up acts and then the main act. All doing 30-40 mins of material across the show - nearly 3 hours of comedy.

shmmeee

Very valid point - and something we try and combat. At the Arts Centre, they're going in on ticket splits and touring shows - here we have to guarantee them a fee, and to do that we have to ensure the costs are covered on a B/E point.

That being said, we have reviewed our comedy, and we're going to be aiming for the more affordable side of the coin from a customer POV. We're launching nights in the next couple of months ranging between £25 and £35 a ticket.

It's also worth noting for the Arts Centre nights, you're getting 1 comedian and maybe a support act. We've tried to aim it similar to a Live at the Apollo style - 1 host, 2 warm up acts and then the main act. All doing 30-40 mins of material across the show - nearly 3 hours of comedy.

Interesting, thanks. Yeah I assumed they were getting a better deal. And three hours of comedy does sound good for the money TBF. Still not going to watch Johnny Vegas but I’ll keep an eye out.

Interesting, thanks. Yeah I assumed they were getting a better deal. And three hours of comedy does sound good for the money TBF. Still not going to watch Johnny Vegas but I’ll keep an eye out.
We've got loads coming up - Just announced Simon Brodkins tour, We have Chris Ramsey, Russell Kane, Katherine Ryan, Jason Manford and Johnny all confirmed. We've got nights booked in for August, October, November and December this year which will be announced ASAP - and also Paul Smith coming back. Slowly becoming a hub for comedy!

LastGarrison

Are you having Bruno back?

As an aside if anyone hasn’t seen Paul Smith before then check him out!

Went and saw him at the Hot Water Comedy Club and he was class, although admittedly won’t be to everyone’s taste!

Are you having Bruno back?

As an aside if anyone hasn’t seen Paul Smith before then check him out!

Went and saw him at the Hot Water Comedy Club and he was class, although admittedly won’t be to everyone’s taste!

Bruno was an external promoter who had to cancel due to COVID unfortunately, did you get your refund?

We're planning a few sporting nights over the next year or so. Of course, any suggestions are always welcome - serious ones only though - and we will see what we can do!

rob9872

Not seen it yet, we've nearly finished Breaking Bad about 5 years behind everyone else, then we want to start Line of Duty all over again to see if it makes more sense and possibly then fit TM in sometime before we start on the new series of Peaky Blinders and Money Heist later this year. I used to tell everyone I never watched TV apart from sport, but turning into more of a couch potato by the day!

wingy

You'll never keep the kid's attention for more than an hour,just ask that Real Madrid supremo.🤗

Users who are viewing this thread