John Terry to go to trial........ in July!! WTF?? (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Why has this scumbag of a human waste of oxygen been told he can wait until the games "he plays for England" are finished with before he goes to trial over the alleged racial abuse. The man is a tosser, womaniser and big-headed bully. He doesn't deserve this kid gloves treatment!! :mad:

More money means better quality legal liar and BS artist to say what a good person Terry is - captain of his his country; member of family of crooks!

John Terry won't be facing trial for racial abuse until after Euro 2012.

So he's free to lead his country into Poland.

Just like his hero did.

rob9872

Lets not turn this site into the Daily Mail.

JT is a fool. Not because of this but just in general. However, this imo really shouldn't impact on his career nor the choice of captain. He should probably relinquish that role simply because he imo is not one of the best central defenders any longer. His leadership when on the pitch however is surely beyond question and if selected he is the right man for the job.

What he said (assuming it is in context) is totally wrong, but this should not be a matter for the courts or the police and remain in football. Ban him for a few games and move on. The costs to the public and the whole media circus that will surround it are just pointless and will serve nothing but to fuel the media. I imagine as soon as England fail at the Q/F again he will be front page headlines portrayed to be Jack the Ripper.

And don't even get me started on politicians who were calling in parliament for him to be axed yesterday as if they suddenly have some kind of moral compass. Its football, unless someone dies it shoyuld stay out of the media, out of parliament and certainly out of the courts.

Houchens Head

@rob9872. Rob, as much as I have always enjoyed your very good posts - many very funny which make me laugh! - I think you may have misunderstood my original point? What I was saying was the fact that the case has been delayed simply because he is "John Terry"! If this had been anyone one else, say someone arrested for a similar incident on a saturday night in town, they would be up before the beak on monday and dealt with within a few days! It is totally wrong that, just because you have money and you "play for England Football Team", then you can dictate to the courts when you want to appear! It stinks of "One rule for the rich and one for the poor"! Makes me bloody sick! Whether he is guilty or innocent, he should be treated the same as anyone else and face the courts at the EARLIEST time.

andrew.roberts

I continue to think along the same lines as Houchens Head. Why should he be given any special privileges ? No one denies his capabilities as a footballer but what kind of a message is this sending out to impressionable youngsters, whom many we can assume see Terry as some sort of icon. It should have been dealt with swiftly, effectively and if found guilty, extremely severely.

I'mARealWizard

Lets not turn this site into the Daily Mail.

JT is a fool. Not because of this but just in general. However, this imo really shouldn't impact on his career nor the choice of captain.

:facepalm:

Allowing someone who makes racist comments during matches to lead the England team on and off the pitch as the captain?

You think that being racist really shouldn't be a barrier to someone in such a prominent and public position?

Hugh Jarse

I agree with Houchens Head, the likes of you or me wouldn't have the option of when the trial was, you would be dealt within days, rather than weeks.

There is talk that Rio won't shake JT's hand on Sunday, will the spineless FA step in again and tell all of the players not to line up and shake hands?

rob9872

Firstly that wasn't what I was implying as you're well aware. My opinion is also that there is a distinction between making racist comments and being racist. I think JT is an idiot I don't believe he is racist.

Context - I mentioned this further down my original post although that part didnt suit for your post so you cut the relevant part. We don't know if it was in context or not what has been shown so far (since his argument is that what he mouthed was "did you think I called you a n*****). This is plausible as Ashley Cole was running past him and not only obscured the camera, but do you not think he would have at least spun round with a bemused look on his face?

Finally, he has not yet been proved as guilty so therefore no I don't think it should impact on his career or the choice of captain until after the trial. Whether that trial should be sooner is a different question and I probably agree with Houch that if we must have one then its too long, but he didn't set the date and can not be held responsible for that.

I'mARealWizard

Firstly that wasn't what I was implying as you're well aware. My opinion is also that there is a distinction between making racist comments and being racist. I think JT is an idiot I don't believe he is racist.

Context - I mentioned this further down my original post although that part didnt suit for your post so you cut the relevant part. We don't know if it was in context or not what has been shown so far (since his argument is that what he mouthed was "did you think I called you a n*****). This is plausible as Ashley Cole was running past him and not only obscured the camera, but do you not think he would have at least spun round with a bemused look on his face?

Finally, he has not yet been proved as guilty so therefore no I don't think it should impact on his career or the choice of captain until after the trial. Whether that trial should be sooner is a different question and I probably agree with Houch that if we must have one then its too long, but he didn't set the date and can not be held responsible for that.

You do enough speaking for yourself.

Please don't think that you can do the same on my behalf so freely.

Thanks.

rob9872

Strangely enough I do like to speak for myself. The clue was when I said "In my opinion" perhaps that's too hard for you to comprehend!

As you asked me a direct question then I think it warranted an answer, although once again the clues were already there if you had decided not to part-quote my responses.

:facepalm:

Allowing someone who makes racist comments during matches to lead the England team on and off the pitch as the captain?

You think that being racist really shouldn't be a barrier to someone in such a prominent and public position?

what an arsehole u are, who said he is racist? innocent until proven guilty, so i might aswell say you are a racist bastard, my reason, well somebody told me, proof? i havent got any , arsehole, the only thing we have done is reduce our chances in the euros once again

Brighton Sky Blue

Originally I thought this read 'John Terry to go ON trial in July', and thought I'd briefly entered some parallel universe with the City signing him up-mistake made!

Houchens Head

Originally I thought this read 'John Terry to go ON trial in July', and thought I'd briefly entered some parallel universe with the City signing him up-mistake made!

Wouldn't want him anyway BSB! :whistle:

Users who are viewing this thread