John Sillett (1 Viewer)

Tommo72

Never seem to see Curtis at the club or even hear of him now?

Covstu

Bit of a random one but just remembering my favourite moment from Wembley - after the game when Sillett was on the big screen and everyone started cheering in unison, the look on his face when he realised it was for him was priceless then he started punching the air. The perfect end to the perfect day!
Totally agree, one of the warmest moments of the day. Seeing his face light up when everyone cheered. Loved it

Legia Sky Blue

Good honest interview from a couple of years ago. It's pretty long, but worth watching. Mentions bribing the Wembley groundsman to let us practice before the Cup Final, and says he probably made a mistake in buying Speedie (also includes a couple of mistakes, but I blame Bob Hall for them).

I'm a bit surprised he would say buying Speedie was a mistake. He was fantastic for us and one of my favourite players. If there was a mistake it was not signing more players like him when our stock was high, particularly a left back.

wingy

I'm a bit surprised he would say buying Speedie was a mistake. He was fantastic for us and one of my favourite players. If there was a mistake it was not signing more players like him when our stock was high, particularly a left back.
Maybe he meant blowing the budget on one player .
Think there has been mention of differing views beteeen Sillet and Curtis on budgetry matters more recently, not quite eye to eye on money matters.

JimmyHillsbeard

Good honest interview from a couple of years ago. It's pretty long, but worth watching. Mentions bribing the Wembley groundsman to let us practice before the Cup Final, and says he probably made a mistake in buying Speedie (also includes a couple of mistakes, but I blame Bob Hall for them).

Both him and Bob Hall seem to think we beat Preston in the 3rd Round. It was Bolton

Users who are viewing this thread