John motson (1 Viewer)

Glen

Brilliant description what a great game 1987 final football for the purest true legend Motson is.

Samo

Brilliant description what a great game 1987 final football for the purest true legend Motson is.

Not a great believer in punctuation then Glen?

Nick

Administrator
It's actually grammer

giphy.gif

Alan Dugdales Moustache

It's actually grammer

It's actually "grammar" and, in actual fact, it should have a full stop at the end.

Did you know that all school kids are supposed to know what an intrusive clause, subordinate clause and a dozen other new-fangled, useless, grammatical phrases by the time they leave primary school ? Most can't use full stops or capital letters properly let alone this 'ollocks.

Last edited:

armybike

Clearly a at the end of my above comment would have assisted.

Covfather

Spoke to Motty yesterday at Wembley, he was lost and couldnt find his way around in the concourse in the Club Wembley section - he was proper stressed lol

Sky Blue Kid

Nothing wrong with encouraging people to educate themselves.
Such a pity those that do the "Encouraging" are usually the people that need "Educating". What does it matter if posters make "Grammatical errors" as long as you can understand what is being said. No need whatsoever for the "Piss taking". We ALL make mistakes, you included.

Samo

Such a pity those that do the "Encouraging" are usually the people that need "Educating".
What does it matter if posters make "Grammatical errors" as long as you can understand what is being said. No need whatsoever for the "Piss taking". We ALL make mistakes, you included.

Punctuation just makes it a lot easier to read. But you needn't bother as you never make any sense anyway.

Last edited:

Ashdown

I remember the times in the 80's when Motson constantly creamed his pants every time he commentated on Liverpool matches, it was positively nauseating. Other than he's pretty decent I suppose.

Speedies_Chips

Loved Motty as a kid...not keen on his commentaries these days...I like Alan Green on 5 live .

Listen to Motty get owned By Sir Alex here...https://soundcloud.com/beat-nick/motson-owned-7-7-2014

I'm sure Sir Alex calls Maradonna ...Madonna. :guitar2:

Alan Green really? I find him irritating tbh. I have to switch it off if he's doing the commentary. He is more into his personal opinion about things rather than just describing what's going on, on the pitch.

Users who are viewing this thread