John Fleck (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueCharlie

At the start of the season I thought selling RV would be a big mistake but as Bigi has grown into his game and with the arrival of Stevenson I think RV has been more that satisfactorily replaced.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

At the start of the season I thought selling RV would be a big mistake but as Bigi has grown into his game and with the arrival of Stevenson I think RV has been more that satisfactorily replaced.

I would say Stevenson has more than replaced Fleck. But at the minute wouldn't say the same for Bigi over RV.

Ash

Really?
I thought Vincelot to about pretty average overall compared to 5 motm awards for bigi, that's one hell of a call

For me, Stevenson and Bigi are fairly similar to Fleck in that they're creative midfielders and make things happen going forward. Vincelot was useful in providing a bit of steel in the middle and supporting the back 4, which I don't believe has been replaced.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Really?
I thought Vincelot to about pretty average overall compared to 5 motm awards for bigi, that's one hell of a call

The performances on the whole this season have been poor by most of the squad I'd take MOTM winner especially the first 10 games with a pinch of salt.

eastwoodsdustman

my point is that if our aim is to get back to the championship then onto the premiership then your best players have got to stay -

If they'd have stayed then we wouldn't have seen Stevenson this year and I doubt Bigi would be back. I dont mind losing our 'best players' if we replace them with better players.

dongonzalos

If they'd have stayed then we wouldn't have seen Stevenson this year and I doubt Bigi would be back. I dont mind losing our 'best players' if we replace them with better players.

Bigi I get and he has replaced fleck in my opinion.
Trying to replace RV with Stephenson, no chance and that's not fair in the kid.
Should be able to afford to turn down 75k for RV and still operate.
RV should have been phased out with Stephenson gradually coming in.
Then again I guess Gad was the fleck replacement and Bigi the RV. Stephenson was probably only due to be a bit part this season. In the original plans.

Covstu

I always liked fleck but he was another person who got negative reviews from the fans which I think was a bit harsh at times. He usually excels when the team is brimming with confidence which is pretty much the United side at present. What didn't make sense was to get rid of both at the same time. We knew fleck was going for sure but I still question letting RV leave but maybe when we are back to full fitness this could be different

Pipehitterz

Honestly
Do not think I saw fleck put in a 90 minutes performance once here.

He would have a 10/10 half in some games, but it would be for one half, like Grendel has mentioned, he did go missing.

Tuesday vs Oxford, both Stevenson and mccan put in full game shifts and supporting roll was bigi with some beautiful passing to our wings.

That performance was better than any that our midfield has put in for a very Long time.

Without fleck we do miss his attacking flair but we do also not miss his ability to lose the Ball in dangerous parts of the field, which often led to goals.

Nobody on here still doesn't want to mention O'Brien then?
Seeing as I thought this place used to idol him

Isss, question, when does motm become relevant? I'm confused that a quarter through the season we can't take any notice of motm awards?

Gint11

I think Fleck has the ability, never really in question. But in the 4 years he was with us, he never consistently played well. My last away game, Wigan last year, lost 1-0, I didn't even notice he was on the pitch. I remember a long range shot he had and thats it. He just isn't consistent enough and he doesn't score enough goals for what I consider him to be - a attacking midfielder.

dongonzalos

If you didn't think John Fleck was a top player for our team. I would have to seriously question your footballing brain.
Vincelot and Fleck were quality together at this level.

Last edited:

Joy Division

Yep, some laughable opinions on here.

Fleck was a quality player for us, mostly surrounded by dross throughout his time at the club.

ajsccfc

"Spineless set of cunts who turned their backs on their club in their darkest hour"

What is this in reference to? We've had so much darkness.

Joy Division

"Spineless set of cunts who turned their backs on their club in their darkest hour"

What is this in reference to? We've had so much darkness.

Talking about the Northampton debacle I would assume. They always have been a funny bunch of fans, a bit simple and uninformed. A few wins in league one and suddenly they are Barcelona.

Always will be the 2nd team in Sheffield.

ajsccfc

They seem a little unsure whether Grendel's posting about them gnashing their teeth in jealousy was sarcastic or not. Come on, fellas.

harvey098

You do have to question their intelligence levels if they can't detect the sarcasm here..

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    208.9 KB · Views: 29

Ash

Talking about the Northampton debacle I would assume. They always have been a funny bunch of fans, a bit simple and uninformed. A few wins in league one and suddenly they are Barcelona.

Always will be the 2nd team in Sheffield.

Yeah I'm sure their fans would've turned up to Sixfields in their droves thus justifying the board's decision and prolonging the stay there!

ajsccfc

I don't pay too much attention to League One as a whole as it'd depress me, but they're on a hot shit run at the moment. Hopefully for their sakes Fleck, Hussey and Clarke aren't carrying the post-Christmas curse that Cov players seem to get infected with.

covcity4life

flecks a good player and was great for us first half of last season. looks like hes found good fit at SU

but we dont miss him because stevenson and bigi are great passers

win-win?

lets hope we beat them in the televised game though. then we can invade their forum lol

mrtrench

All seems perfectly reasonable to me: Fleck is brilliant, Cov fans are half-wits with a shite team and Sheffield is the Centre of the universe. Come on, let's not pretend that they haven't got to the heart of the matter. I expect we are gnashing our teeth in jealousy of them.

Grendel

Even Sheffield united fans are obsessed with me

Grendel

I don't pay too much attention to League One as a whole as it'd depress me, but they're on a hot shit run at the moment. Hopefully for their sakes Fleck, Hussey and Clarke aren't carrying the post-Christmas curse that Cov players seem to get infected with.

To be fair they sussed Hussey quickly and binned him out the team in August.

Otis

A lot of comments are way off the mark there I would say, but Ricky, post number 8 has it just about spot on.

I would say most of us are not bitter at all. He's just gone to a better team and he can express himself better.

Here he was inconsistent, didn't score anywhere near enough and would flit in and out of games and more often that not, completely disappear.

This doesn't mean he is isn't talented though, cos he clearly is. The lad has bags of skill and I have always believed that with time and space on the ball and good players around him he would flourish.

I, like so many others though, can't suddenly come out and say he was a great player for us when he clearly was not.

Not a good fit here, but a much better fit at a club with a better team.

He could be a world beater for us at times, but it was very rare indeed.

ajsccfc

'Attracted 2175 for their FA Cup replay last night. Barely more than they were fetching when they turned their backs on their club in its darkest hour'

If they were unceremoniously turfed out to Elland Road at a moment's notice, at least their owners know one person would go along for the ride.

covcity4life

'Attracted 2175 for their FA Cup replay last night. Barely more than they were fetching when they turned their backs on their club in its darkest hour'

If they were unceremoniously turfed out to Elland Road at a moment's notice, at least their owners know one person would go along for the ride.

Sheffield United will NEVER be turfed out of Elland Road AJ....

EDIT-DAMN IT. I READ IT WRONG AND POUNCED TO MAKE YOU LOOK THE FOOL

karma......

Otis

Sheffield United will NEVER be turfed out of Elland Road AJ....

EDIT-DAMN IT. I READ IT WRONG AND POUNCED TO MAKE YOU LOOK THE FOOL

karma......
Yeah, I nearly made that same mistake too.

Was just about to pounce myself and point out that Sheffield Utd play at Hillsborough, not Elland Road.

shy_tall_knight

How Fleck won player of the year ahead of Adam Armstrong is beyond me. At the end of the day he is 25 and still playing in the third division of English football, pi$$ poor for the new Paul Cascoigne as he was initially touted as.

Has an exceptional first touch and can pick a pass but no pace and I think his stamina is suspect also, can't tackle, head or score, looked good in a good team who were attacking more than defending, went missing in our bad games, which was more often than not. For his supposed wage costs expected more. There was always talk of him moving to the championship but it never happened, maybe not as good as many think he is.

Users who are viewing this thread