Joey Barton (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Absolute disgrace, he should be banned by the FA for causing trouble and then trying to play act.

NuneatonSkyBlue

The bloke is a one man circus! So much so that ive just started to follow him on twitter to give myself some laughs haha. Even robbie savage is avin a pop at him, for diving and cheating, which is slightly ironic!

Nick

Administrator
He picked someone up off the floor and got slapped...

It isnt that he picked him up it is how he goes about it.

If he grabbed his hand and helped him up and has a laugh and says "you diving bastard" and pats his arse and gets on with the game.

When he picks somebody up as aggresive as that then what does he expect? It wasn't so much him picking him up I meant.

It was the pathetic act he put on.

Disorganised1

Welcome to the all action Premiership, where scum are heroes and deception is all.

rob9872

Tbf Song should have gone, so he made sure Gervinho (sp) did instead. Don't like JB, but in the same way as Marlon think he's a great player with a will to win at all costs. Would love that character in our ranks.

covladzak

He and several others have been doing it for years.. You have only just noticed? good on you thinking football is pure and wholesome......The cheque is in the post, and I wont cum in your mouth.....:eek::eek::eek::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::jerkit::jerkit:

Marty

Can't see the problem, if that was the otherway around, they would of been defending Gervinho every step of the way. The fact is you can't strike another player in the face and he deserved to be sent off, the events leading upto that slap warranted no more then a yellow card for Barton. Wonder if anything will happen to Song now, that stamp was disgraceful and the act of a coward.

ccfctommy

Barton is a mong and has a stupid haircut. I hope he gets banned. I think he is a proper wierdo myself.

egastap

He picked someone up off the floor and got slapped...

That action by Barton, my friend, is assault. Barton should have been shown a red as well. The referees are there to punish diving, they have the authority to do so. If action wasn't taken for a blatant dive, blame the refereeing....don't take the law into your own hands.

There is so much blatant 'trying to con the refs' going on....only they (the refs) can stamp this practice out. Not just penalty dives, but 'show him a card gesture', conning the ref on throw-ins even. Ever watched how both players seem to raise their hands claiming the throw is theirs? Anyone who has played the game knows when it touched them last or not. So much cheating going on it's costing the game, and the players involved, their integrity.

Kuklinski

I like Barton. He has committed some awful acts in the past and has quite rightly been punished for them. He has served his sentence and I believe has learnt lessons and moved on.

He is a top player, and he would have represented England on many more occasions than he has if it hadn't been for previous baggage. I would love a Joey Barton in my team, and he would be a definite starter if I was the England manager.

kdrinkell

I like Barton. He has committed some awful acts in the past and has quite rightly been punished for them. He has served his sentence and I believe has learnt lessons and moved on.

He is a top player, and he would have represented England on many more occasions than he has if it hadn't been for previous baggage. I would love a Joey Barton in my team, and he would be a definite starter if I was the England manager.
I agree to a point

smileycov

Facebook User
That action by Barton, my friend, is assault. Barton should have been shown a red as well. The referees are there to punish diving, they have the authority to do so. If action wasn't taken for a blatant dive, blame the refereeing....don't take the law into your own hands.

BIt extreme calling that assualt fella!! He shouldnt have grabbed him, but he dived cheating twat. Barton quite rightly got the yellow, and if you raise your hands you are right to get a red. Song stamped on him in a sneaky cowardly fashion........much worse.

egastap

BIt extreme calling that assualt fella!! He shouldnt have grabbed him, but he dived cheating twat. Barton quite rightly got the yellow, and if you raise your hands you are right to get a red. Song stamped on him in a sneaky cowardly fashion........much worse.

I don't disagree with you that Song should have gone for his cowardly act, and I'm not condoning the Gervinho diving, as that should have got a yellow anway. My point is that Barton agressively grabbed him by the arm and neck to pull him up from the ground. If you or I did that to someone in the street it would be assault...pure and simple. Barton is not the ref, he's just an overly aggressive prat......and should have gone.

smileycov

Facebook User
but they aren't on the street, it is football!! getting a bit confused there.

Disorganised1

He and several others have been doing it for years.. You have only just noticed? good on you thinking football is pure and wholesome......The cheque is in the post, and I wont cum in your mouth.....:eek::eek::eek::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::jerkit::jerkit:

So it's all OK then is it ? Everyone is doing it so that's OK ?

I assume you'll be out rioting tonight then - after all everyone's doing it.

telferstekkers

A player gets stamped on, without any punishment, then witnesses someone blatantly cheating, reprimands him then gets hit (however lightly) in the face and somehow he's in the wrong????????????

If barton doesnt go down, gervinho gets away with it cuz the ref didnt see it plain and simple. Football has an intrinsic problem of conning the referee into giving a decision, in rugby the laws are bent twisted and broken but never in a way that is deliberately to decieve the referee and persuade the referee to punish the opposition.

I blame Klinnsmann, no-one knew what a dive was in england before he turned up!

rob9872

The dives are obvious but so many players 'cheat' every game. Claiming corners, throw-ins and free-kicks, that they know they are not theirs, stealing an extra few yards with a throw in or free-kick, obstructing the keeper, shirt-pulling the list goes on. This seems to be the acceptable face of 'cheating' and yet everyone gets so incensed and wants to carry out their own retribution when someone dives blatantly in the box.

Some you get, some you are given unfairly. Would Barton have grabbed one of his players like that if they tried to con a penalty? Would we mind if Sheffers went down easy and won one for us? Did we all find it outrageous when Owen and Scholes did it for England? How is it different to what Lampard did yesterday? (He saw the trailing leg which was bad defending but made cleverly made sure there was contact - nobody moaning at him today I notice).

Yes it can only be achieved one step at a time to clean up the game, but that's not for one player and particularly not JB to decide what is right or wrong. For him to be taking the moral highground is laughable.

That said, I still think Song should have been sent off and also tha JB is a fine player who I would love at City. Football morals - moi? Not a chance! And anyone who thinks differently, just remember when you jumped out of your seat at an MK goal last season.

egastap

but they aren't on the street, it is football!! getting a bit confused there.

Hmmm. Assault on the field is ok by you is it? I think you maybe the one a little confused. Maybe you are not aware that you are legally liable for your actions, on or off the field of play.

Last edited:

telferstekkers

Hmmm. Assault on the field is ok by you is it? I think you maybe the one a little confused. Maybe you are not aware that you are legally liable for your actions, on or off the field of play.

Yeah i think big Duncan Ferguson was done for assault after headbutting another player during a match!

rob9872

Drunken Duncan! There's a blast from the past. I always felt Kevin Kyle had the potential to become a poor mans Duncan, but he failed on the work ethic.

Hugh Jarse

I can't think of anything that hasn't already been said about Joseph Barton.

Hope he falls down the stairs.......................

Sky Blue Sheepy

I kinda find myself siding with Barton for about 80% of this. Song should have gone first of all (don't think anyone's gonna argue that).

Whilst Barton clearly play acted (unless Gervinho had chloroform on his hands, his stroke was never gonna hurt anyone), you cannot raise your hand in the modern game.

Users who are viewing this thread