Joey Barton is 12 game ban enough? (1 Viewer)

ohitsaidwalker king power

In my view no.. he wants banning for life and if Mark Hughes is all he appears I hope he sacks him.. gross misconduct?

He should be banned for life because he is a public figure in one of the most televised/watched sporting events of the year and he should be jailed for assault, because that's what it was!!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I thought I only 'ated John Terry! Now I can hate Barton as well! Bleedin' thugs, the pair of 'em! Hanging's too good for 'em! They should have hot needles poked into their eyeballs, then pull all their fingernails out one by one. Extract every tooth without anesthetic! Ooooh I'm soo angry, I could crush a grape!

Sutty

Barton was a dick - no doubt about it - but was what he did really worse than Roy Keane on Alf Inge Haaland?

Keane got 3 games for that + 5 more when he admitted it was deliberate and pre-meditated.

As a rule, football bans are way too short but Barton's is certainly harsh considering the previous precedent. Hopefully it's the start of this kind of thing being stamped out by the authorities.

rob9872

Nobody got badly hurt and it was just handbags - heat of the moment stuff. The guy is a cock, but the reactions on here and the media are equally way over the top. The intent was there and he was rightly banned although tbh I expected 8-10 games so in my view its probably a little harsh but career ending over the top tackles are much worse and we've seen it first hand at City. I would guess 90% of footballers cheat in almost every game they play. Some on a muchsmaller scale like tryingto steal an extra yard on a free-kick or a throw in, others more blatant. If we start banning players for ridiculous periods it will ruin the game and besides - what we have to discuss? Needs to be controversial occasionally to keep the excitement imo

rob9872

The half-headbut on Kompany was no more than a gesture. The other two incidents were on Argies - 30 years ago they would have given him a medal for that :)

Otis

12 games is more than enough.

If the PL want to throw down the gauntlet and set a precedent then fine .... not sure they will though. Think this might be just because it is Barton.

As was stated before, it was the 2nd incident that has caused the outrage. We simply cannot allow this sort of thing to become some kind of norm, whereby when you are sent off for one offence and you then go on to carry out a 2nd offence. The ref's word has to be final. You are sent off you go. As soon as the red card is produced you need to turn on your heels and head for the tunnel.

And I disagree about the handbags, Rob. As I and many others have said, it was the 2nd offence. The red card was just your everyday, normal red card and nowt much would have been said on the matter. You simply then though, after being sent off, cannot go out a commit a second red card offence.

We do really need to kick this sort of thing out of football. 12 games was more than I was expecting, but fair play to the authorities for making such a stand. We cannot have this sort of dissent in the game.

C

Clive Plattini

12 games is a lot in my opinion considering Suarez only 8 games for being racist. I don't like Barton but, like Balotelli (who I do like), everything he does is rewarded by a big overreaction.

Johnrambo

Wow it took the FA what 7 days before Barton would get his ban and fin, but about the John Terry chase?

:thinking about:

CCFC Germany

Barton's got a history of not knowing how to behave and that should be taken into account.
He should be banned for a season with not being allowed to train with a club, that should teach him...

Covstu

the guy is an idiot no doubt but being banned for life is a bit silly. Tyson bit someones ear, Cantona kicked a fan - this is not in the same ball park really is it?

ohitsaidwalker king power

I guess this proves he really does divide public opinion.. interesting views on Joey, and I think there is hypocrisy in abundance if you compare to others, that said, I stick by my original thoughts, however.. if he adorned the sky blue shirt I might change my mind;)... I used to think Dennis the Menace Wise was loathesome... and yet those few weeks he was here have arguably been the highlight of our years at the Ricoh?.. yep guess that makes me a hypocrite too?:eek:

AngryAnt

Season long ban would have been just about right. All the attacks weren't heat of the moment, he stated on twitter that if he was going to go off then he was taking someone with him.

He's a thug, people like him shouldn't be in our games and allowed to earn what he earns (that includes the likes of Terry). I wish the FA would grow a spine, but they bow to pressure and money, which is a shame.

CCFC123

suggestions are that he may have a medical problem. The compulsive behavier with twitter and the consistant rowing, fighting, agressive behavier etc etc all point to a problem with his mental mind. I know somebody who is close to people with these behaviers and he needs help...fast.

I also know somebody from Liverpool and the family are mess up there so the agression problem may be in him but it keeps 'triggering' when under pressure. He needs help not only for himself and his family but for the public. This lads going to one day get in a car and cause some problem. He's constantly looking for a fight with the world.

First of all his club need to get him sectioned for some evaulation.

Grendel

Exile him to the Isle of Man - that should calm him down.

RedSalmon

What was the punishment when Alan 'saint' Shearer kicked someone,quite deliberately, in the head while they sat on the ground?

That was utterly dispicable, but as he was an England international at the time it was all glossed over.

Double standards from the FA...............................but no suprises there!!!

Users who are viewing this thread