Joe Murphy (1 Viewer)

skyblue_rich

On sky sports news it says murphy is set to join a championship club next week. Heard Palace and doncaster are also interested in him as well.

ccfcway

well Speroni has 3 years left on his palce contract, so couldnt see why Murphy wants to sit on the bench there. Doncatser have 40 year old Sullivan, so potentially it makes sense, but then so does moving to a club who do not have a goalkeeper on the books at the moment.

kg82

I'm quite indifferent on the issue of Murphy. If we get him, great. If we don't, we can go and get somebody else who is as good as Murphy quite easily.

Agree with the post above. IMO there should be alot of other qualified GK'ers out there who should be able to replace Westwood.

Haven't seen the most of Joe, but I'm not sure weather he's the right guy to fill Westie's shoes? Surely there must be others.

Look to Norway. Alternitively, enquire SAF about the possibility for a season-loan deal for one of their spare GK'ers.(If they get the replacement for Edwin that is) Anders Lindegaard is pure quality!

AngryAnt

well Speroni has 3 years left on his palce contract, so couldnt see why Murphy wants to sit on the bench there. Doncatser have 40 year old Sullivan, so potentially it makes sense, but then so does moving to a club who do not have a goalkeeper on the books at the moment.

Personally i'd be surprised if he signed for Doncaster. While he probably wouldn't have to move home, it would be like signing for Villa with us. Just can't see him doing that to a club he's been at for a while.

Seems like we've been looking at him for a while, if he arrives great, if not.. eh.. Plenty more GK's around.

Jimthor

I doubt we've offered him anything whilst we've still got a contract on the table for Westy!

glamour76

I heard that he will sign for us before Wednesday. Usually reliable but who knows. Hope he doesn't and westy signs! Pusb

Sky_Blue_Daz

If Murphy doesnt sign I would make an offer for Rachubka very good goal 3rd in line at Blackpool but was an integral part of the promotion push

TommyAtkins

Westwood has made it clear for over 6 months that he has little or no intent to sign a new contract at Coventry. Signing Murphy soonest would be a sensible way forward. Nevertheless, Scunthorpe sources believe he is signing for a Championship club imminently and hinted at Doncaster.

Users who are viewing this thread