Joe Murphy says we need a monor miracle to stay up (1 Viewer)

Otis

Joe Murphy says we need a minor miracle to stay up

He's probably right of course, but should he really be saying stuff like that? If the players think like that then we haven't got a cat in hell's chance have we?

At least try and be positive and talk positively for fooks sake! :D

Last edited:

sky_blue_up_north

I think that is piss poor statement by Murphy, even if he thinks it, certainly should not be saying it

TheHellion

Maybe Murphy should have been a bit more select with his words, but having read it, it's also a "piss poor" piece of journalism. They seem intent on focusing only on the negatives, when we could really do with them helping to drum up support! Sums up the Telegraph. Terrible paper, I'm glad it's on-line because I wouldn't waste my money buying it.

As for Murphy, well, if that is truly what the feeling is in the dressing room, then what hope is there? For a professional to put himself in that frame of mind is unforgivable. If I was manager, he'd be on the receiving end of a right rollicking. You should never go public with statements like that, especially when there are "sensationalists" in your presence. If you are a professional, part of your job is to always say the right things. Words are a powerful tool. It will not take much for this to spread around the dressing room. If one player is thinking like this, how many more are thinking like this?

flammablepiss

Facebook User
I've seen the pre-match interview as well and he was mostly quite upbeat considering the situation.

Nonleagueherewecome

I think that is piss poor statement by Murphy, even if he thinks it, certainly should not be saying it

Completely agree, he has this all wrong-it's a MAJOR MIRACLE we need!

Nonleagueherewecome

Brighton Sky Blue

After Platt he's our most experienced player is he not? His debacle at Reading still gives me nightmares...

Astute

More overuse of the word "miracle" again. Brizzle are playing a team that won their last game 6-0. We are at home. Not a miracle if we win and they lose. We would be 1 point behind with a better GD and Donny at home next. Miracle would be 9 points behind and all games away to the top 3 sides.

mememe

Jesus redirection was a miricle. We need the relegation out the way as soon as possible. So we can mourn. Its. Killing us waiting all the time.

If we win tonight we still face relegation it'd just less points to chase. We are relying on Bristol to lose when in reality they only need two draws

Astute

Jesus redirection was a miricle. We need the relegation out the way as soon as possible. So we can mourn. Its. Killing us waiting all the time.

If we win tonight we still face relegation it'd just less points to chase. We are relying on Bristol to lose when in reality they only need two draws

A reality guess that we won't win 2 lose 1?

Otis

I do think it's wrong for him to be talking about minor miracles. Tough yes, but these two games coming up are winnable.

Think he would have more of a point if we had to play Reading, Southampton and West Ham in our last 3 games. Millwall and Donny are winnable.

malkitccfc

murphys making a pretty decent habbit of being relegated from the championship, no wonder he would find it a miracle if we stayed up!

Nonleagueherewecome

murphys making a pretty decent habbit of being relegated from the championship, no wonder he would find it a miracle if we stayed up!

Well if we're talking Biblical, he's our Jonah-along with Hermann, of course!

joemercersaces

He was probably asked if it would be a minor miracle if we stay up considering where we were and agreed. That's the way journalists get their headlines.

Users who are viewing this thread