Joe Murphy - Mr Experience or Not? (1 Viewer)

chem90

For a GK who has been relegated with Tranmere, WBA, Scunthorpe and our fine selves, he always seems to be barking something out at our players following the ball going out for a goal kick. Why is this? Nine times out of ten it is his own fault as he just will not command his area and when he does there is clearly no communication, resulting in a mix up and further problems. I wish he'd just STFU, restart play a bit quicker and stop badly educating our younger players. The flatter goal kick was a success tonight as we are trying to serve two small-ish strikers, therefore should be utilised more often than the goal kick where the ball comes back down with snow on. Given that he is 31 and 'vast experience' in the game, I just do not think he is the right man between the sticks.
On that note... Would anybody give Chris Dunn a chance? I thought he has always looked promising when on the pitch.

Grendel

For a GK who has been relegated with Tranmere, WBA, Scunthorpe and our fine selves, he always seems to be barking something out at our players following the ball going out for a goal kick. Why is this? Nine times out of ten it is his own fault as he just will not command his area and when he does there is clearly no communication, resulting in a mix up and further problems. I wish he'd just STFU, restart play a bit quicker and stop badly educating our younger players. The flatter goal kick was a success tonight as we are trying to serve two small-ish strikers, therefore should be utilised more often than the goal kick where the ball comes back down with snow on. Given that he is 31 and 'vast experience' in the game, I just do not think he is the right man between the sticks.
On that note... Would anybody give Chris Dunn a chance? I thought he has always looked promising when on the pitch.

Dunn is very poor and nowhere near League 1 standard. Murphy's goal against column is only 0.15 worse than Westwood and Westwood played in a stronger team.

kg82

Some people have it in for Murphy. He's done nothing wrong this season so far and I'd rather have a keeper that talks a lot and hands out bollockings than one that's timid.

pusbccfc

He was league 1s keeper of the year when he got promoted with Scunny

RichieGunns

He sounded commanding tonight.

I'd figure he's one of the 'leaders' that Thorn was talking about a week or so ago.

Him, Kilbane, Jennings, Barton & Wood.

Those five on the pitch will steady any sinking ship i would hope!

glamour76

What is it with some people? Murphy had a really good game against Yeovil and did nothing wrong last night. FFS, get off his back. As for Dunn. You can't have seen him play in pre season

Users who are viewing this thread