Joe Murphy is as good as Keiren Westwood... (1 Viewer)

PVA

...discuss the issues.

For me, he is. KW made more spectacular saves more often, but Murphy makes less mistakes.

As for the people who don't rate Murphy and regularly call for Dunn to get a game... :(

pusbccfc

Well he's certainly not far off. Westwood finished off his City career awfully.

torchomatic

Actually, I tend to agree. I'd much rather have Murphy. Yes, he's shaky sometimes, but so was Westwood. Murphy is probably the best goalies on 1-2-1s that I've ever seen. I think he could be our keeper for as long as Oggy. I certainly hope he is anyway.

WestEndAgro

...discuss the issues.

For me, he is. KW made more spectacular saves more often, but Murphy makes less mistakes.

As for the people who don't rate Murphy and regularly call for Dunn to get a game... :(

I think Dunn is better than both of them !

rob9872

I was in a minority on here when he was getting stick that stood uo for him but whilst I still think he's a top keeper that we're lucky to have at this level, I think westwood was special. I'm clouded on the way he left and hjs final season, but I think a very talented keeper who shuld be playing regular premiership football.

Marty

Westwood was and is a class above Murphy. So lucky to have him. Murphy is a very good keeper in his own right and one of the best in the league.

Nick

Administrator
The only thing i notice about murphy but he hasnt for a while is when he parries it straight out to the 6 yard line for a tapin for any striker. He hasnt done it so much lately though :)

elephanttears

How is Murphy as good as Westwood, nowhere even near. If he was then premiership teams would be clambering to sign him. I do rate Murphy though but to say he is better than Westwood is just ridiculous.

SkyBluePryce

The only thing i notice about murphy but he hasnt for a while is when he parries it straight out to the 6 yard line for a tapin for any striker. He hasnt done it so much lately though :)
I thought he was our best player against swindon last week, but i think he could have done better on the 1st goal, he does what u say- parrying the ball back in to the 6 yard box. But in general I thought Westwood was unbelievable, the game against Brum away sticks in my mind. However Joe Murphy is an excellent replacement! and I thought the stick he got was unfair and based on peoples views on Westwwod rather than Murphy himself

Its close, but i think KW made better career decision, L1 vs PL. 2 great keepers, but i would say Keiran Westwood is better than Murphy

Delboycov

He's clearly not as good as Westwood who I still think will eventually go and play for one of the top clubs. Murphy has been outstanding this year though and is possibly the best keeper in League 1. That we still have any hope of reaching the playoffs is as much down to his consistent good form and saves as McG's and LC's prolific goalscoring.

KersleyDigs

What people fail to acknowledge is how much both of them have improved on working with Oggy. Westwood thanked him in the press when he left and stated how much Oggy had done for his game. Murphy is much improved since he arrived.

stupot07

Murphy's a decent keeper, probably the best in this league and championship quality. But he is nowhere near as good as Westwood was.

SkyBlue_Bear83

There is no discussion

Murphy is excellent for the position we are in, under circumstances he is as good as we are going to get. His performances this season have easily been of championship standard. Westwood is still better though

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Joe Murphy has improved. However he is nowhere near as good as Westwood.

I am surprised though KW has not secured regular first team spot. Maybe he should move on elsewhere.

hamil99

Facebook User
What people fail to acknowledge is how much both of them have improved on working with Oggy. Westwood thanked him in the press when he left and stated how much Oggy had done for his game. Murphy is much improved since he arrived.

Fully agree, oggy seems to train keepers up really well. Lucky to hav the guy.

Actually, I tend to agree. I'd much rather have Murphy. Yes, he's shaky sometimes, but so was Westwood. Murphy is probably the best goalies on 1-2-1s that I've ever seen. I think he could be our keeper for as long as Oggy. I certainly hope he is anyway.

I hope the 2 Murphy haters in Block E read these posts - JM absolutely outstanding this season - Player of the Season maybe ??

Westwood was a top keeper when he used to play and he needs to get out of Sunderland as a keeper of his quality needs to be playing.

Murphy though as been our best player this season and is almost as good.

cyril

Look. Murphy is quality. He's not as good as Westwood.
However kieron was too good for us. Murph is top drawer and the best keeper in the league. We should get behind him as he's ours and he's awesome. Lot shorter than I thought and he lives in hinckley. Love the Joe Murphy song yesterday

Faz

He seemed to be our weakest link up until Dunn came on against Crewe and now suddenly he is the best keeper in the league.

He's ok for this league, i think it's his level. Better than Westwood? I don't think so

NottsCov

We're gonna lose Murphy to a Championship side in the summer i'm sure of it, he's a brilliant keeper and best in the division. As mentioned previously we wouldn't be in the position we are now without him. Westwood was brilliant, but Murphy's current form definitely matches him.

Tomh111

Look. Murphy is quality. He's not as good as Westwood.
However kieron was too good for us. Murph is top drawer and the best keeper in the league. We should get behind him as he's ours and he's awesome. Lot shorter than I thought and he lives in hinckley. Love the Joe Murphy song yesterday

Why the fuck would you live in Hinckley? I moved to Cornwall to get as far away from that shithole of a town as I could.

Astute

Why the fuck would you live in Hinckley? I moved to Cornwall to get as far away from that shithole of a town as I could.

And the people of Hinckley are very happy with your decision to move :p

Astute

One big difference between the two. Murphy has come on well whilst with us. But he is playing against lesser players. Westwood was doing it for us whilst we were struggling. I am happy with Murphy, but would happily swap him for Westwood.

SkyBlueScottie

Murphy is fine for this league. There still has to be question marks over him at champ level as he has only ever been relegated from that league. Westwood is a far better goalie that's why he is at a prem club and is an international goalie ahead of Murphy.

Macca

Done well but think he s got some way to go before he s the best I've ever seen

Sky Blue Kid

Murphy is a good keeper for this league and the Championship, but to say he's better than Westwood? You're suffering from delusions of grandeur.
Westwoods' positional play is exceptional, Murphy is not so good. I'm not disrespecting Murphy, but he flaps more than Dimi at corners, and couldn't catch a cold.

torchomatic

I said on 1-2-1s he is for me. However, I think he is one of our best keepers. Wasn't too bothered about Oggy or Westwood really, but I like Murphy.

Done well but think he s got some way to go before he s the best I've ever seen

Users who are viewing this thread