joe murphy ccfc profile (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue_Bear83

I defended him last season but think he has been poor this season, I think Murphy himself would also say he has been poor this season

georgehudson

chaotic keeper who is alarmingly quick to blame others,
in my humble opinion, that is,
i can remember a keeper way back called neil ramsbottom, he reminds me of him

Bertola

I agree to an extent that he gets a harsh deal from the crowd because he replaced Westwood... But a lot of it is deserved.

He rarely comes for crosses, or takes command of a situation. Saturday with that "save" where it just hit him as he was rooted to his line was a prime example of this, and it wasnt just the cross and the save. After it hit him the ball was just bobbling around in the 6 yard area and he just stood there watching it bounce, before casually dropping on the ball.

I also thought he couldve done better for the second goal. It came from a corner, which he conceded by making a simple save look spectacular and puching it round the post rather tham catching it.

His general demeanour is very negative too, always rushing out to blame someone (in fact i would say he was a major factor in Christie and Hussey visibly losing confidence last season), and constantly time wasting when we are drawing (as Scottie says, it's this sort of thing Robins has highlighted - taking the easier/comfortable option rather than trying to win a game)

One-on-One he can be very good, and has made a few vital saves for us, there is no denying that, and I also think he is better than Dunn (or at least Dunns reputation, as whenever I have seen him he has done okay). This doesnt mean i have to like him, or want him to play. I would prefer us to sign a new goalkeeper if Dunn isnt up to it.

It's laughable that someone who listed all his qualities put that he takes a good pen second. Like thats a key quality for a goalkeeper

LJC_CCFC

I agree to an extent that he gets a harsh deal from the crowd because he replaced Westwood... But a lot of it is deserved.

He rarely comes for crosses, or takes command of a situation. Saturday with that "save" where it just hit him as he was rooted to his line was a prime example of this, and it wasnt just the cross and the save. After it hit him the ball was just bobbling around in the 6 yard area and he just stood there watching it bounce, before casually dropping on the ball.

I also thought he couldve done better for the second goal. It came from a corner, which he conceded by making a simple save look spectacular and puching it round the post rather tham catching it.

His general demeanour is very negative too, always rushing out to blame someone (in fact i would say he was a major factor in Christie and Hussey visibly losing confidence last season), and constantly time wasting when we are drawing (as Scottie says, it's this sort of thing Robins has highlighted - taking the easier/comfortable option rather than trying to win a game)

One-on-One he can be very good, and has made a few vital saves for us, there is no denying that, and I also think he is better than Dunn (or at least Dunns reputation, as whenever I have seen him he has done okay). This doesnt mean i have to like him, or want him to play. I would prefer us to sign a new goalkeeper if Dunn isnt up to it.

It's laughable that someone who listed all his qualities put that he takes a good pen second. Like thats a key quality for a goalkeeper

It's called a joke, dumbass

Bertola

Surely the fact you even needed to joke about it suggests he hasnt got enough qualities for you to argue in his defence?

LJC_CCFC

Surely the fact you even needed to joke about it suggests he hasnt got enough qualities for you to argue in his defence?

I can honestly say there is nothing wrong with Murphy and anyone who suggests there is clearly knows nothing about football.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I can honestly say there is nothing wrong with Murphy and anyone who suggests there is clearly knows nothing about football.
Ok so he has no faults as a goalkeeper, you would have thought he would have played for better teams than Scunthorpe an Coventry

LewSkyBlue

<br />
<br />

Westwood or Murphy? - westwood every day. Why? Because he is a better keeper than someone who has "nothing wrong with them". The simple fact is he is an average goalkeeper that occasionally plays well but most of the time imo he is poor. As people have touched on he is very quick to point the finger but not that quick at coming off his line for routine catches. Its not all hos fault because our defence is poor. But to say if you criticise murphy means you know nothing about football is a bit daft.

pusbccfc

Was anyone at West Ham away last year...

Then tell, me he's a bad keeper!!

Sutty

Ok so he has no faults as a goalkeeper, you would have thought he would have played for better teams than Scunthorpe an Coventry

I agree with this.

I've never said he's a world beater. He's just a decent keeper with a few faults. What I would say is those that think Dunn is better haven't seen him often enough.

Users who are viewing this thread