Joe Elliott (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
One of the only things I didn't like today was the worshipping he got.. yes he may be a city fan but he was rolled out like he was jimmy hill and people were going mad for him..

Paxman II

Really? Well that for me at least suggest many have lost sight of all that has happened since Ray Ranson first came by with a Hedge Fund backer claiming the club had no debt and all the time hailed by said Joe Elliott. (give us your shares)
I like him as a person but his record suggest little successful achievement for our club.

Grendel

Perhaps a few of them needed their spark plugs changing?

ccfc92

so basically, if i got rich, and bought into the club, i'll be worshipped? :thinking about: just cus im a rich Cov fan

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Well said Nick! Makes me cringe every time it occurs!

He's a city fan. Nothing else.

He's also the same person who brought SISU in, and favoured them. OK, we all make mistakes, but this one was a big one.

If anything, he has a lot to prove to fans, and shouldn't be worshipped until an Arab / Abramovic like person takes over and we rule the world

Sky Blue Harry H

To be fair, whoever they'd have rolled out (as long as they were pro-Cov, or a bit anti-SISU) would have got a big cheer, the way Billy Bell was showboating it. He made me chuckle a few times, bit of a character.

Buster

Seems a genuine bloke , I've always thought he's had Coventry football in his heart . Most of us got on the Sisu bandwagon when it came to town , some got off some carried on riding it . Apart from this mistake why don't you lot like him

Grendel

Seems a genuine bloke , I've always thought he's had Coventry football in his heart . Most of us got on the Sisu bandwagon when it came to town , some got off some carried on riding it . Apart from this mistake why don't you lot like him

No ones saying they don't like him. However consider his CV.

On the board with Richardson and therefore must be accountable for £60million debt and no ground

Major role on the board that approved the operation premiership nonsense which led to over £35 million debt and potential oblivion

Welcomed in sisu and played a massive role in getting shareholders to relinquish their stake

Actively involved in sanctioning moves to close the academy.

Wouldn't really qualify as businessman of the year would he?

elephanttears

He always been touted as Mr Coventry, our Joe. The masses will always cheer anyone who is reeled out in front of them. He was part of the regime that bought Sisu in he is an idiot. You always feel that who ever in the future comes to takeover Joe will be there with them greeting the fans with the new owners, i wish he would just fuck off and get his square head out of the club.

NorthernWisdom

His views on Brody and Dulieu:

I have met them both, very nice guys and very high calibre. I was massively impressed with them

his views on SISU:

SISU have done a tremendous job in funding the club. They are very supportive in any way they can

COVENTRY CITY shareholders have been sent a stark warning that the threat of administration is far from over yet.

Out-going chairman Joe Elliott has sent a letter to the last remaining shareholders asking them to give up their shares as a matter of urgency to ensure the club's takeover by Ray Ranson and SISU Capital can go through

"I have written to all shareholders to remind them how important this is on deciding the future of the football club," said Elliott.

"At this moment we are either on the launch pad for success or we can hover on the brink of disaster.

His views on McGinnity (note, the board Elliott was on as we finally waved goodbye to any hope of owning our own ground, be it HR or the Ricoh:

I am delighted Mike McGinnity is to take over. He is a grand chap

His views on the football club's home:

For me, the most important thing is Coventry City Football Club and secondly the home it plays in... So we have got to look at the football club first to ensure its existence

elephanttears

It wouldn't surprise me if Joe was siphoning funds from ccfc and elliots car accesories to "just for men" and "st tropez fake tan" because them business seem to be doing quite well and he seems to have a vast supply of products in is armory .

cloughie

The man has made mistakes and hindsight is a wonderful thing that you all possess

He is a genuine fan

I never saw the 'worship' bit

but i suspect almost anyone who wants to get our club back to the Ricoh and out of sisu hands would be cheered

even if it was grendel

SkyBlueUkeman

Yeah, was that guy worshipping from the pitch? I was near him too I think. Bit weird.

I don't really know where to stand with it to be honest. He has been here since forever, yes, but as we all know the wheeling a and dealings at this club from the 80's onwards haven't exactly been crystal clear are squeaky clean. Either he has been ignorant to it all these years, which I highly doubt, or he has just been the unfortunate guy who has been left behind while everyone else ran into the distance with their back pockets overflowing.

Users who are viewing this thread