Joe Elliott (1 Viewer)

I saw today that Juke is going and we are likely to get Alex Nimely, a loanee, to replace him. I'm sure that has rightly dominated the chat on here, so this is slightly off topic. I haven't had a browse on here for a little while, but have been prompted to share what I know of Joe Elliott.

Joe worked for CCFC raising money from the Associate Directors. He got them to pay for a package that let them sit with the other Directors at games for £100k payments to the Club. He was involved in the sale to SISU only when there were no viable alternatives. He hardly ever misses a game and was never paid or took expenses from CCFC (compare and contrast to Ken Dulieu, if you wish). He does care about the Club, the fans and the community.

Should you care? Maybe not, it has little relevance to us as fans in the here and now. Should you believe me? Entirely up to you, this is but a football forum and my nose won't be put out of joint if you don't. Most pressingly... should he get a game up front? I didn't go to the cup game but, from what I heard about ROD's finishing and looking at the options of a hugely untested Jeffers, hugely unfit Platt or, well, a huge Eastwood, maybe he should be considered as at least an impact sub.

shmmeee

While I'm sure everything you say is accurate. I'd reply: "all it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

JE may be a good guy, but he has certainly let a lot of evil triumph in his tenure.

rob9872

Depends if he had any say shmeee. They wouldn't listen to Ranson and he held a 10% stake so JE was just a noise to them regardless of whether he was on-side or not. Whatever anyone's views on him I would rather have an ally within the ranks of those crooks and charlatans.

rob9872

Forgot to add I do like that quote though. Any idea who it's attributed to?

rob9872

Ah found it through Google. Edmund Burke if you're interested (although you may have already known).

shmmeee

I didn't. Thanks.

I wasn't just referring to SISU, but the previous boards who are just as culpable for our current state. I have no doubt that he has had little impact with SISU but he's been around the club throughout the decline of the last 15 odd years.

torchomatic

Thanks for that, Mrs Elliott

Yeah, it does read as if I am a member of the fan club, if not the family. In truth, I barely know the bloke, although he comes across as good intentioned. I've just been speaking with someone who does know him, who saw scepticism on here and thought it wholly misplaced. It seemed to me to be the appropriate stance and I thought I'd share what I knew... as I say, take it or leave it.

50k will buy the title associate director today with CCFC if anybody wants it. Not sure if this is yearly or jus ta one off payment to the current regime.

Users who are viewing this thread