Joe Elliott to be the front man (1 Viewer)

So, if the American investor takes over tthe Higgs Trust share of the Ricoh and ACL what will happen? Today's article in the Sunday Times says Joe Elliott (Mr Coventry) will be the new Chairman for the investors.

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/sport/football/Football_League/article1235092.ece

I understand Joe Elliott and Gary Hoffman were both together in the Boardroom at Portsmouth yesterday, as guests of the Portsmouth Supporters Trust.

That probably means the quiet but committed Hoffman will be working in partnership with Joe Elliott and the investor behind the scenes. Hoffman rarely says anything and prefers to keep a low profile; but as away fans will know from talking to Joe and him at the games, they want the right solution for the fans, community, and the club.

Joe Elliott and Gary Hoffman sound like a perfect combination to guide the club and ACL through difficult times and onwards and upwards.

I for one am hopeful they are a winning combination.

What do you think?

lordsummerisle

So, if the American investor takes over tthe Higgs Trust share of the Ricoh and ACL what will happen? Today's article in the Sunday Times says Joe Elliott (Mr Coventry) will be the new Chairman for the investors.

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/sport/football/Football_League/article1235092.ece

I understand Joe Elliott and Gary Hoffman were both together in the Boardroom at Portsmouth yesterday, as guests of the Portsmouth Supporters Trust.

That probably means the quiet but committed Hoffman will be working in partnership with Joe Elliott and the investor behind the scenes. Hoffman rarely says anything and prefers to keep a low profile; but as away fans will know from talking to Joe and him at the games, they want the right solution for the fans, community, and the club.

Joe Elliott and Gary Hoffman sound like a perfect combination to guide the club and ACL through difficult times and onwards and upwards.

I for one am hopeful they are a winning combination.

What do you think?

Despite the fact that the story is apprently bollocks, are you insane?

Joe Elliott and Hoffman to guide the club through difficult times and onwards and upwards?

It's almost like Joe Elliott has never had any connection with the last 15 years or so of crap that has led us to this mess.

Rickstar8701

Despite the fact that the story is apprently bollocks, are you insane?<br />
<br />
Joe Elliott and Hoffman to guide the club through difficult times and onwards and upwards?<br />
<br />
It's almost like Joe Elliott has never had any connection with the last 15 years or so of crap that has led us to this mess.
<br />
<br />

Yup

SkyBlueScottie

Elliot has proven in the past that he is prepared to jump on any bandwagon, he has remained a constant of many failed boards. I personally dont think he would offer anything of value on a board or as a chairman. All he was ever good for was reminding us that he had a loud ticking clock.

italiahorse

Joe Elliott and Hoffman to guide the club through difficult times and onwards and upwards?

Joe Elliot has done nothing more than try to help the club. The problem is with anyone trying to help this club is that you always get some ill informed bigot slamming down peoples efforts.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
JE has always seemed to be a nice guy when i have met him, certainly wants whats best for the club, i can not fault that....... but chairman? sorry not for me - but thats just a personal opinion and nothing against him

lordsummerisle

Joe Elliot has done nothing more than try to help the club. The problem is with anyone trying to help this club is that you always get some ill informed bigot slamming down peoples efforts.

Getting helped by Joe Elliott is like being rescued from Fred West by the Yorkshire Ripper.

rupert_bear

I'm as apprehensive as you lordy but i don't see another option, unless Mr. Robinson is another option heaven forbid. SISU are a busted flush and have to go and unless someone gallops in out of the shadows it will be uncle Joe with his ticking clock and colured jacket

italiahorse

Getting helped by Joe Elliott is like being rescued from Fred West by the Yorkshire Ripper.

So we have a American businessman who wants to buy the club and invest in the squad. He has identified a management team and it all sounds great.
However, we start to critisise him straight away.

Walk away mate and enjoy your life.

lordsummerisle

So we have a American businessman who wants to buy the club and invest in the squad. He has identified a management team and it all sounds great.

According to PWKH we don't.

CJparker

Joe Elliot, for all his involvement with bringing SISU to the club, has got the best interests of the club at heart. Unlike SISU. Therefore, I am happy for him to be involved in this rescue.

Rugger

Elliot has proven in the past that he is prepared to jump on any bandwagon, he has remained a constant of many failed boards. I personally dont think he would offer anything of value on a board or as a chairman. All he was ever good for was reminding us that he had a loud ticking clock.
<br />
<br />

J

Jack Griffin

Anyway, JE or no JE, the key figure is the chief executive, that is the chief decision maker.
For chariman, not really, I think there are more astute business people out there than JE and I'm afraid he may let his heart rule his head on some occasions.
If we are talking about a public spokesman but with no power then probably he would be as good as anyone.

chiefdave

So should we just welcome anyone with open arms and just hope things work out for the best? A new owner doesn't mean a better owner. I'm sure people will say it couldn't be any worse but how many times have we said that as city fans only to find out it can get much worse.

Wm65

I would hope that whatever happens in the clubs future that joe Elliot is nowhere to be seen or heard from- we have been let down enough by him and I would have as much faith in him as coco the clown.

italiahorse

So should we just welcome anyone with open arms and just hope things work out for the best? A new owner doesn't mean a better owner. I'm sure people will say it couldn't be any worse but how many times have we said that as city fans only to find out it can get much worse.

Here we go again.

As others have mentioned, Joe Elliot is one of us and just wants what is best for his club. Yes, he thought that was SISU at our time of desperation. But he is clearly not an astute businessman and like anybody else wasn't to know just how little SISU were actually interested in the club itself.

Sick Boy

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it"

italiahorse

Where have you been since the 1980s???:facepalm:

If you slate a guy you need to say why.

All I can say is what I have seen. I know that he was crucial in saving the club several years ago by brokering a deal. I know at the time we were all happy with his efforts.
He obviously upset SISU who got rid of him. Personally I see him get on the coach to away games and mix with the fans.

Hoffman to me is an unknown quantity. I again see him mix with the fans but personally he seems to be there to soak up the praise.

torchomatic

Yet, yesterday PWKH and the Administrator said that they'd met the guy but he wasn't in the position to proceed with any investment. So, who to believe?

The blokes loves Cov, nothing wrong with t hat, but chairman? Really? He was around with Richardson, Robinson, McGinnity and Hover and didn't do much to stop them messing everything up.

Obviously happy with the American guy if true, but not Elliot. There must be someone out there better qualified than him to run us.

BrisbaneBronco

Yet, yesterday PWKH and the Administrator said that they'd met the guy but he wasn't in the position to proceed with any investment. So, who to believe?

The blokes loves Cov, nothing wrong with t hat, but chairman? Really? He was around with Richardson, Robinson, McGinnity and Hover and didn't do much to stop them messing everything up.

Obviously happy with the American guy if true, but not Elliot. There must be someone out there better qualified than him to run us.

Would hope that if anyone buys Coventry City, that they would appoint someone local as chairman. Criticism of Joe Elliott is a little unfair. OK he was around with the previous alleged crooked regime but only in the capacity of associate director.

wingy

If we want a unified club and ground i can't really see Joe being an obstacle to achieving that at some point in the future ,given that we get a takeover and he is indeed in place as Chair.

Grendel

Perhaps if we crave past associated Bryan will stick his hand up?

Blueandwhites

Some of the flack for Joe on here is totally out of order. Like he tried to conspire Sisu's undoing of the club or something....Duh! We're fans of the same club (mostly...) Get off you're ar*se and do something. As if we can choose our owners?! La,la la! Criticising someone who's made a success of his life, has used that influence to try and help the club is pointless. Come back when you've got some investors so we can cherry pick CCFC's future.

lordsummerisle

As others have mentioned, Joe Elliot is one of us and just wants what is best for his club. Yes, he thought that was SISU at our time of desperation. But he is clearly not an astute businessman and like anybody else wasn't to know just how little SISU were actually interested in the club itself.

So why should he know any better this time around?

Users who are viewing this thread