joe elliot has resigned as life president (1 Viewer)

When would you say that SISU were taking the club in the wrong direction?

From the start?

Sacking Dowie?

Appointing Coleman?

Selling Dann and Fox?

Sacking Coleman?

Appointing Boothroyd?

Hiring King?

Sacking Boothroyd?

Appointing Thorn?

Sacking Thorn?

How long did it take Elliott to try his hardest to try and push through a take-over exactly, and when was it he realised that SISU were bad?

IMO, SISU started taking the club in the wrong direction as soon as Dann and Fox were sold.

Of course, nobody would know this was the start of a change in attitude towards the club from head office until a bit further down the line (cue resignations by Ranson, Hoffman and Elliott).

We know that Elliott has been working behind the scenes with Hoffman to attract investment for the club for at least a few years. They brought Dalian Wanda to the table around the start of 2012 and he was suspended for doing it in the middle of 2011!

Who knows how long he and Hoffman had been busy at work?

You've known what SISU were going to do since 2007 though. When did you start trying your hardest? Attend any protests?

PWKH

PWKH, do you not see any benefits from Sisu at CCFC?
Also who brought them to the club in the first place? The Council? Ranson? Robinson?

It was the Bank through Kroll which sought purchasers and it was the Bank through Kroll that decided on the best deal. Robinson had been pushed out by the Bank. Ranson was the football figure in the Sisu team. The Council had no say.
The benefit CCFC has had from Sisu is an extension of life. I pass no judgement on the value of that extension. As this forum shows there are many views as to that value.

lordsummerisle

You've known what SISU were going to do since 2007 though. When did you start trying your hardest? Attend any protests?

Tried my hardest, as did a few others, to make people aware of the dangers that Sisu and their working practices would bring to the club on a few messageboards.

You may possibly remember calling any of us who did have any criticism of Sisu morons?

A small minority protesting against SISU then would have been even less effectual than the small amounts, though showing the views now, thankfully, of the majority have now.

IMO, SISU started taking the club in the wrong direction as soon as Dann and Fox were sold.

Strange, you kept that to yourself for about 3 years after that.

When were these quotes made, by whom, and about whom?

"I have met them both, very nice guys and very high calibre. I was massively impressed with them. They had done an awful lot of Googling on myself and knew what I had done in the city."

lordsummerisle

It was the Bank through Kroll which sought purchasers and it was the Bank through Kroll that decided on the best deal. Robinson had been pushed out by the Bank.

Knoll's always been a bit of problem since that bastard Grassy one in 1963.

Edit: My eyesight is getting worse and worse..

Last edited:
J

Jack Griffin

It was the Bank through Kroll which sought purchasers and it was the Bank through Kroll that decided on the best deal. Robinson had been pushed out by the Bank. Ranson was the football figure in the Sisu team. The Council had no say.
The benefit CCFC has had from Sisu is an extension of life. I pass no judgement on the value of that extension. As this forum shows there are many views as to that value.

Well I have to say that the Council & Joe's PR dept have let them down on this one then.

http://www.kroll.com/ I presume this is who kroll are.

TurkeyTrot

Tried my hardest, as did a few others, to make people aware of the dangers that Sisu and their working practices would bring to the club on a few messageboards.

You may possibly remember calling any of us who did have any criticism of Sisu morons?

A small minority protesting against SISU then would have been even less effectual than the small amounts, though showing the views now, thankfully, of the majority have now.

It's been a few years since we chatted about our concerns of SISU LordS whilst having a cigarette at half time and our mutual thoughts on Joe. Looking back I think he done what he thought was right at the time in the hope that SISU would deliver their promises. It didn't happen and we are where we are. How many fans have changed their minds on SISU, it's taken longer for some than others. For all of Joes failings he has and does work hard for little reward and I'm should he'd be the first to admit he got it wrong with SISU. Maybe the work he's doing now to find a new buyer is his way of trying to put right a wrong. I dunno, he's on our side at least.

You have always had your suspicions of SISU. I won't try and claim otherwise - you've bored everyone to death with that one.

What's strange is that you were their biggest critic before they started disregarding the playing squad, yet since then you've done nothing but mock others making an effort - usually because they didn't hate SISU first. Like some teenage fan girl who discovered a band before anyone else.

Re Scott and Dann, I was one of the many who believed they would reinvest the money and it was a one off. I don't have a problem with admitting that.

I don't know who the qoute's from. Enlighten me. I can't wait.

Last edited:

lordsummerisle

Y
What's strange is that you were their biggest critic before they started disregarding the playing squad, yet since then you've done nothing but mock others making an effort - usually because they didn't hate SISU first.

Don't necessarily mock others the level of debate, it rarely rises above "Shitsu scum out", "Faggot Fisher" , and calling anybody who disagrees a "Sisu lover/rent-boy" or "moron"

Despised that level of debate when it was coming from the majority Sisu supporters, don't like it now directed at anybody who diagrees with the consensus now.

Could have many healthy debates in the past against such as Godiva/Academy/TA(though he was always suspicious) though on the opposite view from mine, because they knew how to engage.

Though I agree with your stance, and pleased that you have changed your mind(though regrettably still have a fascination with Ranson), you still just call people "morons" for disagreeing.

Don't necessarily mock others the level of debate, it rarely rises above "Shitsu scum out", "Faggot Fisher" , and calling anybody who disagrees a "Sisu lover/rent-boy" or "moron"

Despised that level of debate when it was coming from the majority Sisu supporters, don't like it now directed at anybody who diagrees with the consensus now.

Could have many healthy debates in the past against such as Godiva/Academy/TA(though he was always suspicious) though on the opposite view from mine, because they knew how to engage.

Though I agree with your stance, and pleased that you have changed your mind(though regrettably still have a fascination with Ranson), you still just call people "morons" for disagreeing.

I think you'll find I only call you a moron :p

And you called me it on the previous page!

I don't dish out the names but am more than happy to engage if I get called one!

Sky Blue Kid

The rights and wrongs of SISU (For me) started in a chat with a Wolves fan before they even took charge of CCFC. I have never wanted them and have always said they would be the demise of our football club. I too, like summerisle, was in the minority with City fans, but it gives me no pleasure to be in the overwhelming majority now. Make no mistake, SISU will kill this Club unless FA, FL, Government steps in to rescue us. No matter how you "Sugar coat it" supporting SISU/Otium, is just prolonging the "Death Knell"

Bluegloucester

Uncle Joe has always been reactive instead of proactive I'm afraid.

His latest foray into the land of many promises with that banker friend yet again has only succeeded in doing what they did previously which was hope and statements of "we are working very hard on a solution" and ending in a puff of smoke.

He may well be ardent supporter and a real nice guy but his record in success is appalling so I think he should learn to step aside and let the big guys sort it out.

And what the hell have you done to help in the past 10 years? Joe has worked morning, noon and night to try and save this club and all you do is knock him, in spite of his efforts.

Skyblueweeman

You have always had your suspicions of SISU. I won't try and claim otherwise - you've bored everyone to death with that one.

What's strange is that you were their biggest critic before they started disregarding the playing squad, yet since then you've done nothing but mock others making an effort - usually because they didn't hate SISU first. Like some teenage fan girl who discovered a band before anyone else.

Re Scott and Dann, I was one of the many who believed they would reinvest the money and it was a one off. I don't have a problem with admitting that.

I don't know who the qoute's from. Enlighten me. I can't wait.

Did Barry Scott play for us? Did everything go Bang from that point onwards?

Nonleagueherewecome

Did Barry Scott play for us? Did everything go Bang from that point onwards?

There was a gay guy who lived with his mum and his massive dogs up the road from me when I was a kid called Barry Scott. I don't think he was a footballer, though.

Users who are viewing this thread