Joe Cole (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

“The punters have been great with me right from the start,” Cole added. “You could sense that the fans have been starved of success.
“But the fans have finally got a team that they can be proud of this season which is something to be positive about.
“Every fan will say that they deserve a bit of success but these fans, my God, they’ve been waiting a long time for even a top six finish.

“I’d like to say thank you to the club and it’s fans for helping me regain my love of football. “I’m sure we’ll come across each other again because I’d like to be part of bringing success back to this club.”

nice words from cole who seems to "get it"

ajsccfc

I'm sure I had him pegged as some kind of big time Charlie a few years ago but then he went to Lille just to play football and threw himself into it which made me like him a lot. I'd like to see more English players go further afield generally.

Warwickhunt

Future Manager in the making me thinks

Grendel

“Grendel is an arsehole and if i meet him i will knock that mug out cold bruv”

more words from joe cole

I prefer players whose actions speak louder than words.

ajsccfc

1TpFFru.jpg

Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!

Grendel

G loves cole deep down

You are a very odd person.

For some strange reason if a player is criticised that you like it becomes some deep personal hatred.

This is juvenile and absurd.

I don't know Joe Cole and frankly wouldn't care if he was Mother Theresa. He is just a commodity that I expect to perform to a level as I am a paying customer. He didn't. If I went to an expensive restaurant and was served up a Parsons Nose style meal I would not be happy. I wouldn't care either if the said restaurant said nice things on social media about its great clientele.

Footballers generally do not care about football clubs and they do not care about fans. There may be very rare exceptions but most are soldiers of fortune. This actually I entirely support as they are always one game away from being sent to oblivion by their club themselves.

So I'm not interested in the slightest by his platitudes. We accommodated him when the club was on fire in the league and he was a damp squib that contributed to extinguishing the flames of success.

letsallsingtogether

For some strange reason if a player is criticised that you like it becomes some deep personal hatred.

I don't know Joe Cole and frankly wouldn't care if he was Mother Theresa. He is just a commodity that I expect to perform to a level as I am a paying customer. He didn't. If I went to an expensive restaurant and was served up a Parsons Nose style meal I would not be happy. I wouldn't care either if the said restaurant said nice things on social media about its great clientele.

Footballers generally do not care about football clubs and they do not care about fans. There may be very rare exceptions but most are soldiers of fortune. This actually I entirely support as they are always one game away from being sent to oblivion by their club themselves.

So I'm not interested in the slightest by his platitudes. We accommodated him when the club was on fire in the league and he was a damp squib that contributed to extinguishing the flames of success.
Soldier of Fortune.........
Now there's a top tune☺

covcity4life

G loves me really

Speedies_Chips

Agree with the comment about how footballers view the clubs and fans. They are just doing a job at the end of the day, as are most of us. I work for a large company and have no affinity to its customers and if I see a better job I would pursue it probably.

However, the Parson Nose used to be my favourite chippy when I was young and won't have it bad-mouthed! :)

Sterling Archer

Isn't it nice then when one of these mercenaries seems to buck the trend and genuinely care a bit about the club and the fans?

The ones that show a bit of care for our club seem to be the ones who end up getting the most stick on here. It's weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sterling Archer

Also, when will people finally realise metaphors comparing football clubs and players with businesses and employers is an utter waste of time. The two industries are completely different. I can't remember the last time I cheered on my favourite car manufacturing team to make cars on the factory floor.

ajsccfc

The amount of times I've been warned by HR about going in two footed by the photocopier.

SkyBlue_Bear83

When someone at my work makes a mistake I break into a chorus of 'you're fucking shit' and make wanker signs at them

Gazolba

Once he installs his family in Tampa, I can't see him coming back to CCFC. Not sure we'd want him anyway.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Tampa Bay Rowdies play in the second tier of the american league system so I'd guess the standard is very low, so I'd be worried about him keeping himself sharp and stepping up to the pace of league one football after playing a season in America. If anyone with any sort of knowledge of the American leagues could elaborate further on the quality of the NASL that might be better than me guessing, I know Rose played over 100 games at an MLS club and is now with us.

Sterling Archer

I once went to an old companies office just to see how they all were.

Couldn't believe it when customers of my current company started sending me hate mail!

SkyBlue_Bear83

He's had his contract terminated so won't be involved tomorrow, I'm guessing this is so he can join up with his new club asap as there season has only just begun.

Grendel

Comedy genius and he didn't even mean it.

It's hardly comedy at all. Stokes hasn't used social media at all to promote his image. I've seen the thread now but again he is not bigging up an image is he?

Comedy gold is someone who wouldn't but his name on the team sheet first. Best left back since Fox - no argument to be had and should have been player of the season.

dongonzalos

It's hardly comedy at all. Stokes hasn't used social media at all to promote his image. I've seen the thread now but again he is not bigging up an image is he?

Comedy gold is someone who wouldn't but his name on the team sheet first. Best left back since Fox - no argument to be had and should have been player of the season.

The gift that just keeps giving!!!!

Not sure which is funnier picking someone who made national news for all the wrong reasons last week due to comments on Twitter. As an example of a shining beacon who doesn't bother with social media.

Or

not been able to laugh at yourself or take one on the chin once you've really screwed up.

Actually I do know the later is funnier.
Go one keep justifying the comment

Grendel

The gift that just keeps giving!!!!

Not sure which is funnier picking someone who made national news for all the wrong reasons last week due to comments on Twitter. As an example of a shining beacon who doesn't bother with social media.

Or

not been able to laugh at yourself or take one on the chin once you've really screwed up.

Actually I do know the later is funnier.
Go one keep justifying the comment

I'm not justifying any comment.

My point was using the media to curry favour with supporters. Something you are very easily fooled by.

I have always been consistent on social media. I would never allow footballers to use it without supervision.

dongonzalos

I'm not justifying any comment.

My point was using the media to curry favour with supporters. Something you are very easily fooled by.

I have always been consistent on social media. I would never allow footballers to use it without supervision.

Which is quite fitting because you shouldn't be allowed on SBT without supervision

Users who are viewing this thread