Joe Cole agrees deal with Tampa Bay Rowdies (1 Viewer)

SkyblueBazza

Going to suit him perfectly, because he will be able to cross into the bay!

I'll let my coat.
No...please...dont hang around any longer than we need. We will post the coat on to you!

...onwards & upwards PUSB

Sky Blue 1987

His form when he was extremely unfit before and after that free kick was obviously no good due to his fitness but i don't think he was signed for that, he was more a role model and experienced player in the squad. Since he has regained some of his fitness he has shown to be a lot sharper with his passes and footballing brain than many others in our squad, it is just a shame that now he is gaining fitness and match sharpness he is leaving, he can still have only been positive for our club

skybluetony176

Yep, you are correct, dire.

Oh, by the way, in terms of assists he is second in the club behind Murphy. Cole has 5, Murphy has 7.
In terms of assists per minute played, he has 1 every 188 minutes. Next best is Fortune with 1 every 325 minutes.

But, yes you are correct the stats prove he is crap. Unfortunately, they also prove that just about everyone else in the squad is even more crap!

So when you use actual stats instead of the ramblings of some mad men on here as stats he's actually one of our "better" players.

What were the chances?

Last edited:

smileycov

Facebook User
i bet Armstrongs stats look great, but he is hardly setting the world alight right now!! in truth they are all struggling at the moment. I liked having Cole here, never thought he would stay anyhow after this season. so nothing changes.

stevefloyd

I was really 'excited' when I heard Cole was joining, Coventry City FC were attracting players of his calibre albeit in years gone by, it sort of put us back on the map so to speak, but unfortunately the hype died down very quickly and apart from the odd flash from him football wise its been a major let down, I would have loved him to go on to have become a legend here like Wise but sadly thats not the case, Goodbye Mr Cole thank you for signing for our club and I wish you well in your new challenge, lets hope the weather suits your body better there and they get more benefit from you

Hobo

In the back four we have had forced disruption through incredible bad luck with injuries. Also trying to accommodate Coles needs we have had disruption in the midfield. Our team has been changing week to week and if you want to see the benefits of a settled team look at Burton. Also Walsall up to end of December.

Cole just hasn't brought the dividends we had hoped for. Our form seems worse since his arrival. A brave gamble has backfired. Alot of us hoped he would stay at the club in a coaching role so saw a potential commitment by him to the club. Now he is bogging off to America (that isn't a criticism of him) his signing has brought little value to our progression as a club.

usskyblue

missed the point

Being?

He's made a decision, I would imagine based on a number of reasons. Maybe there was no solid promise of another contract?

I'd guess he probably wants to play another year or two before he starts coaching. The pace (or lack of) in the NASL will be more suited, as will the weather.

Grendel

Hi Grendel, have you worked out what you mean by this yet?

Hardly difficult as already stated. He wanted game time so that he could engineer a move in the sun. He was hardly going to get that where he was and he has been of such poor quality and also had such poor fitness levels it's difficult to see many clubs being so generous to accommodate him. He wanted a retirement package and now he has it.

AngryAnt

Good luck to him, can see why he'd prefer to play football in Tampa, frankly I'd prefer watching it over there too!

I think the problem with him is that we all expected to see another Wise, someone who came in and graced us for a season. Sadly Cole needed fitness and has lost most of his magic..

Hobo

This is a player who had bags of talent at a young age. He has had lots of big money moves to big clubs who have won trophies, yet he always failed to establish himself as a key figure at any of the club's. Always on the periphery. Successful financially but an under achiever in footballing terms.

shy_tall_knight

Hardly difficult as already stated. He wanted game time so that he could engineer a move in the sun. He was hardly going to get that where he was and he has been of such poor quality and also had such poor fitness levels it's difficult to see many clubs being so generous to accommodate him. He wanted a retirement package and now he has it.

I doubt what he has earned with us or will get paid by Tampa is significant enough to be considered a retirement package especially in comparison to what he has earned previously and I beleieve he joined with the intention of contributng more than he did and not to engineer a move to Florida to non-league standard football but it was gamble that has failed.

rupert_bear

Moving to Florida USA armed with about 20 million quid on the bank or stay here in glorious Longford I just can't understand why he chose them over us !

usskyblue

I doubt what he has earned with us or will get paid by Tampa is significant enough to be considered a retirement package especially in comparison to what he has earned previously and I beleieve he joined with the intention of contributng more than he did and not to engineer a move to Florida to non-league standard football but it was gamble that has failed.

Average pay is around $10k a week. He'll probably be on a bit more.

usskyblue

At that level? That's like £7k which is Championship money?

I personally know a squad player, with limited experience, that had been with the team for 3 years and he started on $5k, and every one of those years got an improved deal.

Grendel

bigi,cole...who next? because you can bet your bottom dollar Grendel will havea problem with someone

Any one who fails to live up to expectations. If you are happy with players like Bigi good on you

Brylowes

Good luck to him.
Our club was a basket case before he arrived.
It will still be a basket case after he's gone.
Cant blame him for that.

idm1975

Yeah coz he is prob a bit strapped for cash! Found them stats yet?

Grendel

Yeah coz he is prob a bit strapped for cash! Found them stats yet?

Yes I posted them on here - 90% of games played showed no goals or assists Looks like a lot of posters think he was shit - shall I do a montage of them for you? Oh and also Bigi was really shit. Lol you thought he was a good signing didn't you?

idm1975

Yes I posted them on here - 90% of games played showed no goals or assists Looks like a lot of posters think he was shit - shall I do a montage of them for you? Oh and also Bigi was really shit. Lol you thought he was a good signing didn't you?
Lol, u funny.

Grendel

Lol, u funny.

Whats funny is a poster who actively stalks another poster due to his forthright views on certain players and when he realises he was right all along the only thing he can reply with is "Lol, u funny."

I suspect that's the last I will be hearing from you.

ccfctommy

That's it? Those are the all important stats?

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=74581

Look at this! Adam Armstrong by your logic has not found the net in 66% of games he played for us! He must be crap! :laugh:

Grendel

That's it? Those are the all important stats?

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=74581

Look at this! Adam Armstrong by your logic has not found the net in 66% of games he played for us! He must be crap! :laugh:

Keep worshiping at the temple of Cole. Great one.

What do you say to the many other posters on this thread he found him a total dud? Also how many professional players are so unfit (to my knowledge he hasn't had a bad injury since May) that they are incapable if playing two games in four days? What does that say to you?

usskyblue

The lack of fitness was a big problem. Why he was so badly out of shape I don't know. That said, in summary, it appears that we did him more of a favour than he did us.

ccfctommy

Keep worshiping at the temple of Cole. Great one.

What do you say to the many other posters on this thread he found him a total dud? Also how many professional players are so unfit (to my knowledge he hasn't had a bad injury since May) that they are incapable if playing two games in four days? What does that say to you?

God, this is painful. Your never wrong aren't you?!

Already said on here he hasn't been brilliant. I've only taken issue with you calling him 'crap' and 'dire'. I would regard players like Peter Ramage and a lot we have had in the last two seasons as 'dire'. Not everything is brilliant and rubbish you know...

I would love to know why he was that unfit that caused him to miss a month after joining to do a 'mini pre-season', as Mowbray puts it. I presume he took part in pre season and played friendlies for Villa. He played in a league cup game for them also. His legs are going/gone hence why he is retiring to play no mark football in Tampa, Florida.

And he's playing the midweek games now, played 3 games in a week I think...

Grendel

God, this is painful. Your never wrong aren't you?!

Already said on here he hasn't been brilliant. I've only taken issue with you calling him 'crap' and 'dire'. I would regard players like Peter Ramage and a lot we have had in the last two seasons as 'dire'. Not everything is brilliant and rubbish you know...

I would love to know why he was that unfit that caused him to miss a month after joining to do a 'mini pre-season', as Mowbray puts it. I presume he took part in pre season and played friendlies for Villa. He played in a league cup game for them also. His legs are going/gone hence why he is retiring to play no mark football in Tampa, Florida.

And he's playing the midweek games now, played 3 games in a week I think...

Has he 270 minutes? Same as the older Sam Ricketts? When? 2005?

Given his pedigree I would expect more than Peter Ramage - in reality all we got was a lot more games from him and not much more of an impact.

Yes he's been dire.

Gazolba

There were great hopes when he signed but they have not borne fruit. A 34-year old who cannot get fit enough to last 90 minutes or play in two consecutive games is not what we need. I doubt whether the Florida sunshine will invigorate him.

Users who are viewing this thread