Jodi (1 Viewer)

better days

I've often thought that you are close to Jodi, and that he's been your source on a lot of the stuff you post. I obviously don't expect you to clarify anything, but if my hunch is right, please give him as much support as you can, and let him know that 99% of the fan base are still right behind him.
I know quite a few people in the game so get info from agents, players, other managers and so on
Don't really know Jodi but football is a small world
JJ has been seen as a hot property since he broke through so most people in the game know about him and follow his progress
All players fear big injuries so you can imagine his experience is being talked about a lot at the moment

Gibbo

At a personal level this is really ghastly. Two and a half years he has been in some sort of recovery, which is enough to test anyone's strength of character. If he does get back he will have done extraordinarily well. BUT, at a football level it matters very little, as I am not sure at all that he would have cut it in the Chamionship. All we have to go on is half a season against the crappy defences in League 2. The goal he scored against Posh would never be allowed by a half decent Championship defence. He was a squad player possibly, but not much more. Seperate the sentiment from the reality and several players are ahead of him for a flank position.

Corrado

At a personal level this is really ghastly. Two and a half years he has been in some sort of recovery, which is enough to test anyone's strength of character. If he does get back he will have done extraordinarily well. BUT, at a football level it matters very little, as I am not sure at all that he would have cut it in the Chamionship. All we have to go on is half a season against the crappy defences in League 2. The goal he scored against Posh would never be allowed by a half decent Championship defence. He was a squad player possibly, but not much more. Seperate the sentiment from the reality and several players are ahead of him for a flank position.

I hate comments like this - you have NO evidence to base this on - how can anyone say he wouldn't cut it in the championship without given a chance to prove himself. Why are you not saying this about half our squad??

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Sometimes maybe, you have to look at the person and not the player. Would it cost the club that much to offer him another year if he tries to come back for the third time? We know from the previous two injuries that even this time next year he won't be up to speed. Surely it would be the right thing to do to give him the reassurance that he won't be unemployed if he does decide to fight on. At least that would be one less thing for him to worry about. It would also show the club in a good light.
I know Robins is ruthless in moving players on, rightly so. In this case I hope that both he and the club shows a bit of class and gives Jodie that extra year.

We did that last year. Gave him a new deal to set his mind at ease, which was the right thing to do I reckon. But you can't do it again. What about other players that have suffered a single bad injury and are released - why shouldn't they get a new deal for their state of mind?

If you do it this time it's with a pay-as-you-play deal along with his rehab (cost of that would be significant if he had to fund it privately or would take far longer and unlikely to have the same care if via NHS) with wages based on helping out with community stuff, kids coaching, media etc.

Grendel

We did that last year. Gave him a new deal to set his mind at ease, which was the right thing to do I reckon. But you can't do it again. What about other players that have suffered a single bad injury and are released - why shouldn't they get a new deal for their state of mind?

If you do it this time it's with a pay-as-you-play deal along with his rehab (cost of that would be significant if he had to fund it privately or would take far longer and unlikely to have the same care if via NHS) with wages based on helping out with community stuff, kids coaching, media etc.

This is true and I suspect he will get advice not to play on or rehabilitate gradually

There must be an issue now with insurance so I can’t see him getting anything other than a pay if you play deal

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I hate comments like this - you have NO evidence to base this on - how can anyone say he wouldn't cut it in the championship without given a chance to prove himself. Why are you not saying this about half our squad??

He doesn't have any, but he does say it's his opinion. What evidence is there to suggest he WOULD'VE made an impact in the Championship? As much as to suggest he wouldn't.

Last we've really seen of him competitively was three years ago in a league two levels below this. Two years prior to that he was part of squads that got relegated from L1 and L2. That is pretty much the sum of his entire senior career.

He has shown potential but has been desperately unlucky in having the chance to develop that into certifiable talent. I hope he comes back and can have a decent career as he is still young. But if he did and broke down again it feels like there'd be some on here who'd be claiming if it weren't for injury he'd have been a Ballon D'Or winner. Just like some used to say Ponticelli got better the less he played so it goes with Jodi.

better days

@better days @SkyBlueSam01 is there any way after the op and rehabilitation they can look at it and say yes it should be ok now or sorry, time to call it a day or is it a case of getting back out on the pitch and seeing what happens?
I know Andy Williams a little, he looks after elite players in football & rugby
He tells players immediately whether they can carry on playing once he's seen the extent of the injury

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

One thing in his favour is that this one doesn't seem as severe as the previous and if he could recover from that there's a very good chance he'll be able to do so now, esp given his age.

Most important thing is to work out why he keeps doing it. Issue might not be getting back from the injury but the susceptibility he has of similar injuries in the future.

Irish Sky Blue

If he is told that this is a career ending injury then fair enough. He would have this year to get himself sorted out. If he is told he has a good chance of total rehabilitation and a resumption of his career, then I think it would be right think to keep him on next season. That isn’t from a purely altruistic point of view, Jones has shown enough to prove what a potentially good player he could be , even at this level. From Jodi’s perspective and from a CCFC point of view, it would be nice if the club gave him that chance.

Grendel

If he is told that this is a career ending injury then fair enough. He would have this year to get himself sorted out. If he is told he has a good chance of total rehabilitation and a resumption of his career, then I think it would be right think to keep him on next season. That isn’t from a purely altruistic point of view, Jones has shown enough to prove what a potentially good player he could be , even at this level. From Jodi’s perspective and from a CCFC point of view, it would be nice if the club gave him that chance.

I wouldn’t keep him it’s not a charity

cc84cov

In all fairness he’s had the chance after 2 ACL’s mate you can’t say that,his body doesn’t seem up to pro football unfortunately he done well to get another year now this has happened...I don’t see him playing for us ever again sadly.

cc84cov

I'd give him another year personally. Important to remember this is not a reoccurrence, it's a new injury. It is recoverable. He looked really sharp in pre-season, he's clearly talented. It'd have to be sensible terms, but I'm sure he'd understand that. Let's see how his recovery goes.
He’s still young I’ll add Callum Wilson has come back from 2,lad had tears in his eyes when I told him this morning

Gibbo

Everybody is entitled to an opinion about a player. That s what this blog is about there is no place for sentimentality.

It is a rubbish idea to say is an obligation to test a player in the 1st team to find out if he is any good. We have just shipped out Ponti without trying him and ditto Kasta and (I hope) Biamou. Given we collectively expect the team to struggle, basic logic tells you a number of our players will not be good enough. We just don't know which ones.

But Jones was behind Allen and Shipley for the slot, assuming O'Hara is locked in on the right flank. Just becuse Jones can rip apart Grimsby doesn't mean he can do the same to Watford. He has always looked too fragile to me even when fit.

cc84cov

The mrs is friends with his partner just sent a message over wishing him all the best in recovery I suppose we are now waiting for scan results ?

better days

I'd give him another year personally. Important to remember this is not a reoccurrence, it's a new injury. It is recoverable. He looked really sharp in pre-season, he's clearly talented. It'd have to be sensible terms, but I'm sure he'd understand that. Let's see how his recovery goes.
I believe he's still on a relatively modest contract having joined as an 18 year old
Although it was extended I doubt that it was on much better terms

cc84cov

Another ACL in training along with Dacosta injury I’m sure these possibly have something to do with training methods ? I could be wrong but we seem to have a lot

cc84cov

Scan already done
Next thing is for the surgeon to open him up and see the extent of the injury
He'll know from experience whether he will make a full recovery or not
Hopefully it can be a quicker return and he can come back half way into this season wishful thinking maybe that soon but we can hope,he was looking really good

usskyblue

To give a bit of background Jodi got clattered in a tackle on Friday, not malicious, just a slip as the opponent went in
The medical team checked him out & he had a full range of movement and was able to do a full squat and hop on the leg (his right)
And jog without much pain or discomfort
He was sent home with ibruprofen and told to ice the knee
It improved overnight and the medics thoroughly checked everything again on Saturday then again on Monday
Initial thoughts were that it was a knock that would maybe mean a few missed training sessions
But he went for a scan as a precaution
It was only then that the ACL damage was discovered
It's heartbreaking for the lad and he will need a lot of support
Andy Williams will do the op - he did his last one on his left knee
He's probably the best knee surgeon in the UK
If anyone can come back from this it's JJ

Thanks for the information.

After this post you’d think there’d be nothing but support and encouragement..but no, the usual know-it-all’s (that actually know fuck-all) can’t help themselves. The reality is none of us know what’s going to happen so let’s just let the surgeon, the club and JJ work it out yeah?

clint van damme

I believe he's still on a relatively modest contract having joined as an 18 year old
Although it was extended I doubt that it was on much better terms

That would be my guess. If he can recover and get back to his best I think we'd recover our money so I don't se it as a huge gamble to keep him on.

cc84cov

Thanks for the information.

After this post you’d think there’d be nothing but support and encouragement..but no, the usual know-it-all’s (that actually know fuck-all) can’t help themselves. The reality is none of us know what’s going to happen so let’s just let the surgeon, the club and JJ work it out yeah?
Agreed your spot on here mate 🙏🏼🙏🏼

Grendel

That’s rich coming from somebody who always insists on charity bets, but then again he’s not an animal is he?

No place of work keeps people on if they cannot work. Steve Froggat, graham Oakey dean Emerson are proof of this. What a silly thing to say

Joy Division

Fucking frustrating that there are players like Jodi who have the mental strength, determination and a fight to do everything they can to succeed as a player but unlucky with injuries yet training alongside people like Kastaneer who seemingly has everything but can't be fucked. That must infuriate him.

junglej13

Trying to positive for him I suppose one thing he should be thankful for is that he did get that new contract. There are players such as Allassani who have had horrific injuries when they are out of contract.

Grendel

Totally predictable. Typically classless.

It’s reality we are not a benevolent company but one that needs to put its limited revenue into people who are able to play. Did we give Busst another contract? Grow up

Users who are viewing this thread