Jodi Jones (1 Viewer)

robbiekeane

I know he hasn't been in the matchday squad for the christmas/NY fixtures. Definitely didn't need to be anywhere near that Tranmere pitch.

Any ideas when he might sneak in again? I remember he came on a few weeks ago but has disappeared since. Can't wait to see him come back but obviously needs to be managed and better being cautious.

Gint11

He’s got to be risked at some point but while the team are performing there’s no need to rush back. Sub appearances I’d do for now to get minutes in his legs. Forget U23s he needs to be in the thick of the action where points are at stake

cc84cov

He’s got to be risked at some point but while the team are performing there’s no need to rush back. Sub appearances I’d do for now to get minutes in his legs. Forget U23s he needs to be in the thick of the action where points are at stake
Try telling jones that he’s only got few months to secure a contract lol but yes I agree we have no immediate need to rush

Sky Blue Harry H

Difficult to start JJ when the team is flying. If we can get a few goals up in games though, it would be ideal to give him increased game time from the bench. Easier for him when the team is performing well. Win, win.

robbiekeane

Try telling jones that he’s only got few months to secure a contract lol but yes I agree we have no immediate need to rush
I think we will definitely give him a contract.

Also he probably would feel some sort of loyalty/affinity with us with all the treatment etc and sticking by him so i'd imagine this is probably a done deal even if just a short one.

TTG

He said on his Instagram story that he lost his fitness because of christmas/new year as he wasn't playing any football cause of u23s so hopes to be back in the squad at the weekend and onwards.

Also thinks he his 100% better/stronger than he was last season/league 2

vow

Shipley or westbrooke role he would be perfect in,we would probably see a better jones in that position with freedom
Can't see JJ in a central midfield or a number 10 role tbh.
He's a winger imo and reckon we should keep him there until fully fit and needed in a 4-2-3-1, which you know we ain't playing atm

robbiekeane

Any ideas when he might start to get in the first team?

Imagine being able to bring on him and O Hare later in the game

ccfchoi87

Any ideas when he might start to get in the first team?

Imagine being able to bring on him and O Hare later in the game

I think Better Days suggested he will be involved this season. I would almost rather he waited until next season now. With Giles and Hiwula in (and us not playing wingers) then I don’t think we need to rush him

D

Deleted member 4439

In his i/v for Saturday's programme, Jodi suggested he was in no rush to get back in if it meant that he could simply take joy and happiness from actually being able to train. Spoke of dark days during the months of the second acl. (I've heard that Jodi's whole warm up to games (U23s) has completely changed.) From comments from Robins made here and there in the past, I think Jodi has possibly pushed back a little on Robins wanting to see him back sooner rather than later.

better days

In his i/v for Saturday's programme, Jodi suggested he was in no rush to get back in if it meant that he could simply take joy and happiness from actually being able to train. Spoke of dark days during the months of the second acl. (I've heard that Jodi's whole warm up to games (U23s) has completely changed.) From comments from Robins made here and there in the past, I think Jodi has possibly pushed back a little on Robins wanting to see him back sooner rather than later.
He's keen to be back in the first team scene but he's essentially having his pre-season at the moment
Reckon we'll see him on the bench before long

robbiekeane

He's keen to be back in the first team scene but he's essentially having his pre-season at the moment
Reckon we'll see him on the bench before long
It's a mouthwatering prospect really, having him and/or O Hare coming on to rip tired defenders apart. Especially if he can play that sort of CAM position.

PVA

It's a mouthwatering prospect really, having him and/or O Hare coming on to rip tired defenders apart. Especially if he can play that sort of CAM position.

I reckon he can definitely play there. It's a fairly free position and would allow him to drift out wide as well, he could do very well there.

Users who are viewing this thread