Jodi Jones - Loan out, U23s or 1st Squad (1 Viewer)

stupot07

I remember him having a great period where he scored a few in League 2 but he’s only scored 1 more for CCFC than O’Hare (85 v 88 games)
Tbf Jones has played a lot less minutes and was 4 years younger than O'Hare when we signed him.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

rexo87

Don’t see the point in trying to slowly build him in - we’ve tried that the last 3 seasons. Needs to be treated like any other player. Having a full pre-season and needs to be assessed by coaching team as to how he is performing. Forget his injuries for now. If it happens it happens if it doesn’t it doesn’t. Needs to be treated like a normal footballer in order for him to mentally get over the challenge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ccfc92

Problem is, with the injuries he's had he could last 5 mins or not have any issues again. Luck of the draw.

I think he may have the ability for this level though, if he can stay fit.

Really want the lad to do well, imagine having so much talent and potentially having your professional career ended 😔

ccfc92

Don’t see the point in trying to slowly build him in - we’ve tried that the last 3 seasons. Needs to be treated like any other player. Having a full pre-season and needs to be assessed by coaching team as to how he is performing. Forget his injuries for now. If it happens it happens if it doesn’t it doesn’t. Needs to be treated like a normal footballer in order for him to mentally get over the challenge

Interesting point, and it may be more beneficial to be fair.

better days

Tbh that's what I suspect the management team are planning

slowpoke

His ACL injuries have been sorted no other injury issues so it’s a case of getting on with it and fingers crossed these ACLs are history plenty of examples of players coming back at high levels with no problems. Could as good as a new signing so let’s all give him time to get back in the groove.

higgs

Jodi is like a new signing alright I hope he can kick on this season now he has got the ability works hard all he needs is a bit of luck now on the injuries front

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hobo

Depends what he’s like preseason surely?

Agree and see if he can be a contender for first team. If he is just off the pace I can see a 6 months loan just to get match fitness. He needs to be playing regular football now after all the setbacks.

blunted

Gut feeling will be pushed to go straight into first team. Lots of players never make it back after injuries but look at James as an example if he keeps fit. After so long out, there are often niggling injuries at first and I expect Jones to have a few. Even though playing in League 2, I thought he had massive potential to which he was starting to add an eye for goal. To come back three times shows mental strength. MR gave him a contract so probably thinks so too. I would like nothing better than having a fully fit Jones skipping past Championship defenders. Go Jodi.

slowpoke

He is potentially a class act as far as I know he hasn’t had any other injury than his ACLs so it’s down to if his op has been a success many who have had an ACL have come back to top level football. It’s down to fingers crossed time now.

Esoterica

Noticed in the pictures from the game on Saturday and some of the training videos how much he seems to have bulked up.
I saw the video of his opening day Notts County goals and he's almost twice as wide! Physically he looks the part but still some doubts on the mental side after Saturday, which is completely understandable. Was a couple of times I'd have expected him to hang a leg out and didn't and others where he needed a sharp turn and took a different option. It's going to take time and matches to build up his confidence again.

Brighton Sky Blue

I saw the video of his opening day Notts County goals and he's almost twice as wide! Physically he looks the part but still some doubts on the mental side after Saturday, which is completely understandable. Was a couple of times I'd have expected him to hang a leg out and didn't and others where he needed a sharp turn and took a different option. It's going to take time and matches to build up his confidence again.

Every game he gets through unscathed will help that, one bit at a time.

stevefloyd

I can't see him being loaned out because of insurance issues, who would take the gamble and insure him unless we have to insure him against injury

CDK

Think treat him like any new player with a full physical contact pre season as when on the pitch opposition will not take any prisoners when the season starts as it's about his psychology about physical contact and how he reacts wether he can adapt to competitive football.

Sky Blue Pete

One beautiful touch when he instantly controlled a high ball

Users who are viewing this thread