Jodi Jones - 4 Year Contract? (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Mowbray has said:

“Jodi will be fully signed up at the start of the season, and that’s why Andy Rose is here,” he said. “We’re trying, bit by bit, to find these little players who will hopefully become big players for us.

“Jodi’s going to be here for four years because he’s a talented lad and I’d like to think we are trying to build a club that can compete at the next level as well as this level."

Does that mean a 4 year contract for him?

Astute

Mowbray has said:

Does that mean a 4 year contract for him?

He is starting to sound deluded. If he is talented and does well he will be sold well before 4 years.

Skyblueweeman

As the forum will know, I'm a critic of TM and have questioned his position a few times. That said, it's good to see him getting these deals done with an eye on next seasons squad. Hopefully by the time we have our first pre-season, we'll actually have a decent squad.

skybluetony176

That must be the longest playing contract we've given out in seasons on a signing that hasn't come through the academy. Good to see. I've liked what I've seen of him so far.

Grendel

That must be the longest playing contract we've given out in seasons on a signing that hasn't come through the academy. Good to see. I've liked what I've seen of him so far.

Eastwood had a four year contract.

Chipfat

It is the right thing to do with a player of his age and ability, he has already shown enough to warrent it, just hope we have some protection clauses for the club.

Captain Dart

He is starting to sound deluded. If he is talented and does well he will be sold well before 4 years.

You give him a 4 year contract, which provides job security with the intention of cashing in after 3 (probably).

I suspect if a shorter contract were offered he might look closer to 'home' rather than moving to Coventry.

Sensible business decision, provided he is insured against serious injury.

Didn't Bell and Baker get similar deals?

Ouch, ask Orange Ken about those decisions.

skyblue1991

Fuck sake why give him a 4 year contract when we don't have any money and he could be shit next season.

SISU out...

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
It's quite funny with some people, go mental about short term and loans. Get players on long contracts and they still moan.

What next, refusing to go to games and moaning about investment?

RFC

It's quite funny with some people, go mental about short term and loans. Get players on long contracts and they still moan.

What next, refusing to go to games and moaning about investment?

You can't win Nick, our supporters will always find something wrong. Very few look on the bright side or positives!

Hopefully TM's building the foundations for a brighter Sky Blue future.

Captain Dart

Fuck sake why give him a 4 year contract when we don't have any money and he could be shit next season.

SISU out...

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Sometimes in business you've got to take a risk, as long as it isn't massively expensive.

The Reverend Skyblue

So after being here for over a season he is now starting to build a team for the future, what the fuck has he been doing so far.
TM has been banging on and on all season that he's building a team for the future, so has he been telling porkies.

skybluegod

So after being here for over a season he is now starting to build a team for the future, what the fuck has he been doing so far.
TM has been banging on and on all season that he's building a team for the future, so has he been telling porkies.

He didn't have a scouting network in place last summer, so he didn't know who to bring in. It's all good you saying he hasn't built for the future. But people would have moaned had he given 2/3 year contracts to the likes of lorentzson. Clearly he brought in players he thought could do a job for a season, until he could get a network in place and bring in players which can develop and become the core of team. As has been see with gahdzev, Sayoud, rose, Jones, Willis and hopefully stokes.
So not telling porkies. Having a brain and not panicking.

NorthernWisdom

He didn't have a scouting network in place last summer, so he didn't know who to bring in. It's all good you saying he hasn't built for the future. But people would have moaned had he given 2/3 year contracts to the likes of lorentzson. Clearly he brought in players he thought could do a job for a season, until he could get a network in place and bring in players which can develop and become the core of team. As has been see with gahdzev, Sayoud, rose, Jones, Willis and hopefully stokes.
So not telling porkies. Having a brain and not panicking.

Yup. I appreciate it's looking optimistically, but I want a club that builds, looks to the future, finds talent it can bring on.

If Jones is a sign of future policy from TM, then I'm quite happy with that... assuming he picks well, anyway ;)

christonabike

The chances are that any new signing on a contract will get a percentage on appearances etc as the contract rolls.We all know the David Bell scenario so maybe season after season the wages go up rather than x amount for 4 years even if he turns out he is shite as usual.
Old Tm has shown a poor manager the second half of the season so maybe he will adapt or fall on his sword this time next year. Until we know the story behind the scenes since Anderson turned up etc lets see.

Grendel

The chances are that any new signing on a contract will get a percentage on appearances etc as the contract rolls.We all know the David Bell scenario so maybe season after season the wages go up rather than x amount for 4 years even if he turns out he is shite as usual.
Old Tm has shown a poor manager the second half of the season so maybe he will adapt or fall on his sword this time next year. Until we know the story behind the scenes since Anderson turned up etc lets see.

Gibberish

Gazolba

<snip>

It all depends on how you define 'the future'. Tomorrow is the future, next week and next month is the future. It's really a meaningless statement, or more accurately, it means what you take it to mean. Also, there is not just one future, there are many possible futures because what you do today influences the future.

Gazolba

Gibberish

I think what Christonabike is saying is that the term '4-year contract' means very little unless you know what is in the contract. And contracts can have get-out clauses for both sides, so a '4-year contract' in itself does not tell you much.

duffer

In a year's time he'll be training down the Memorial Park, and Mowbray will be complaining about players happy to sit out long terms deals preventing him from bringing in new talent.

Everyone on here will refer to him in terms of a 'waste of valuable oxygen' etc. ;)

dongonzalos

I don't like this he will be signed up by the start of the season.
I don't want to curse it. Hope to God he dies sign up for four years

SkyBlueZack

As would most players. Strong rumour mahrez and kante could leave Leicester. Top of the premiership. Champs league football. Billionaire owner. It's modern day football. It happens.

Users who are viewing this thread