Jobello out for season (1 Viewer)

Terry Gibson's perm

The club just posted a video of the squad visiting some new water park in Cov last night.

In the video Jobello is seen flinging himself down a slide.

Would he not be on crutches so soon after doing an ACL?

Maybe it was filmed a few weeks ago

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The club just posted a video of the squad visiting some new water park in Cov last night.

In the video Jobello is seen flinging himself down a slide.

Would he not be on crutches so soon after doing an ACL?

After seeing that my diagnosis is that he's fit to play to be honest.

Start him Saturday.

no_loyalty

I assume Jobello is injured again? as he has not been included in the last two match day squads.

no_loyalty

Just replied on another thread I think it's a niggling problem rather than another big injury needing surgery
But don't have details

A few people have suggested to get rid of him, but that is harsh considering he has hardly played due to injury.

Reactions: AOM

Sky Blue Harry H

A few people have suggested to get rid of him, but that is harsh considering he has hardly played due to injury.
I like Jobello, and could see a player in there, but with where we are in terms of tight budget and the league we are in, then your point about hardly playing due to injury could actually be a reason to get rid of him (sorry Wes-as I said, I can see a player in there, but we need fit bodies)

cc84cov

I like Jobello, and could see a player in there, but with where we are in terms of tight budget and the league we are in, then your point about hardly playing due to injury could actually be a reason to get rid of him (sorry Wes-as I said, I can see a player in there, but we need fit bodies)
Exactly...we can’t afford to be carrying players who are clearly brittle

Terry_dactyl

I agree that we need to get rid of him but haven’t seen that there is any potential for him to add anything even when fit.

junglej13

Interesting to see the progress that Duncan Watmore has made at Middlesbrough. I think, like Jones he did his ACL twice in two years then had a range of muscular injuries following rehab before being released by Sunderland. Seems to be approaching a very good level now. Apparently Premier League clubs are interested in him in this window.

Last edited:

mark82

Interesting to see the progress that Duncan Watmore has made at Middlesbrough. I think, like Jones he did his ACL twice in two years then had a range of muscular injuries following rehab before being released by Sunderland. Seems to be approaching a very good level now. Apparently Premier League clubs are interested in him in this window.

Yeah, he only signed a 6 month contract with Middlesbrough so is out of contract in this window.

better days

Sunderland weren't in a position to offer him a contract on the same terms as it had started in the days when they were in the PL
I guess his agent has been talking to a number of clubs so it suited him to play for a relatively local team in the Championship on a short term deal in the meantime
He is one to keep an eye on as his ACL ops were carried out in London by the same surgeon as we used for Jones' last two repairs

Users who are viewing this thread