JOB to Scunny (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Are you pretending to know something we dont?

No - but I think it is an unprofessional interview - would you refer to your staff in such a way? I never would.

idm1975

No - but I think it is an unprofessional interview - would you refer to your staff in such a way? I never would.
To actually say how it is? Firstly to the person concerned and then to those who didnt understand why it had happened you mean?

wingy

Mowbray also said a while ago he must be mindful of not upsetting the applecart (not exact word)when recruiting more players.

Grendel

Grendel planting his anti Mowbray seeds in case we drop out of the play offs anytime soon.

My stance on this is clear and not popular so I am hardly planting seeds

Grendel

To actually say how it is? Firstly to the person concerned and then to those who didnt understand why it had happened you mean?

No I wouldn't - as the only motivation is to look good

SkyBlue_Bear83

So you'd believe him?
Well, looking at Mowbrays team selection for matches this season it would suggest that there was a high probability that JOB would have started the upcoming games based on previous patterns.

So its highly doubtful he said it just so you would believe him. Its much more likely he said it because it was true, JOB was in line to start in the upcoming games. Mowbrays team selection patterns and rotation throughout the season back that statement up.

This is one of the more bizarre theories on here, go look at the team selection for all the games this season and you will realise that JOB was an important part of Mowbrays squad. It makes zero sense as to why this would be Mowbrays idea to let him go, if Mowbray didn't want him here then why has he played him in all but 5 games this season?

Otis

Well, looking at Mowbrays team selection for matches this season it would suggest that there was a high probability that JOB would have started the upcoming games based on previous patterns.

So its highly doubtful he said it just so you would believe him. Its much more likely he said it because it was true, JOB was in line to start in the upcoming games. Mowbrays team selection patterns and rotation throughout the season back that statement up.

This is one of the more bizarre theories on here, go look at the team selection for all the games this season and you will realise that JOB was an important part of Mowbrays squad. It makes zero sense as to why this would be Mowbrays idea to let him go, if Mowbray didn't want him here then why has he played him in all but 5 games this season?
Yep agree. And where is the lack of professionalism? All TM has said is that JOB wants to be playing every week. I can't see him being unprofessional, or dismissive, or having a go, he's just seemingly saying it as it is.

Seems TM sees JOB as a squad player he would utilise, but that JOB really wants to be playing every game.

D

Deleted member 4439

24 hour recall, didn't I read? He can come back now...JOB done

D

Deleted member 4439

Yep agree. And where is the lack of professionalism? All TM has said is that JOB wants to be playing every week. I can't see him being unprofessional, or dismissive, or having a go, he's just seemingly saying it as it is.

Seems TM sees JOB as a squad player he would utilise, but that JOB really wants to be playing every game.

I do think there's more to it than this. There have been times when there has been no reason to drop JOB. TM's hinted more than once that he's been exasperated by JOB not following the game plan, and has today inferred that JOB's a challenging character (as you can imagine, watching him play).

I suspect that TM has more than once made him a 'squad' player as means of making a point. Not by any means am I questioning TM's man-management, since there comes a time when you have to be firm and square up (whereas SP simply lost the plot).

dongonzalos

To be fair

He asked to go
He is going to cause a problem for our rivals
He will hopefully improve his match sharpness
Next month we have him available if required at 24 hours notice.

st john

Scunthorpe starting to put a run together now, 44 points with a game in hand over us and most other teams. We may have to recall JOB sooner than we think if they get much closer.

Otis

Well there you go then.

Combination of living in a suitcase here, not getting enough game time and having a one year old son he was away from.

You could tell his mind wasn't in the right place. He just wasn't the same player he had been previously.

Moving closer to home seems to be the perfect fit. Good luck to him.

Nick

Administrator
So he is happy to sit on the bench there?

I want to play games, but I don't just expect to come here and walk straight into the team. I'll take coming on every week for 20 minutes and scoring the winner," O'Brien told the Telegraph after his Den debut

A bit weird he would move back to Barnsley.

dongonzalos

We are all human beings.

I guess for him if he paid the same he just wants to be closure to his family.

It always concerns me a bit when TM makes references to bedn away from his family.

Nick

Administrator
We are all human beings.

I guess for him if he paid the same he just wants to be closure to his family.

It always concerns me a bit when TM makes references to bedn away from his family.

I understand being closer to his family, but if he moved them back to Barnsley when he was working here it is a bit strange.

Otis

Not really I don't think.

He hated living here in a hotel when he wasn't getting games, but because he is much closer to his son up there, when he is not playing it isn't half as disappointing. That's how I read it.

I know when my daughter was one I wanted to spend every waking minute with her, but I couldn't because I had to work.

Users who are viewing this thread