JOB signs for Shrewsbury (1 Viewer)

stupot07

Yeah, good luck, personally I think he was harshly treated last season. He'll do well for them.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

SkyBlueScottie

Nothing harsh about it. He didn't exactly help himself by moving back up north and then plonking himself in a hotel. Mowbray didn't think him worthy of a start every week.

steve82

Maybe it's job's attitude that's the problem, TM decided to use him less and less so he goes to Scunthorpe where he's closer to home missing his family. Sounds like there is a deal to be done for him there..... 4 months later it's gone sour. Yes he has desire and commitment on the pitch but balance that out with the negative criticism he offers to those around him. Is he worth it...
Ps surely Shrewsbury is a worse commute to get back to home.

skybluepm2

Wish we could've kept hold of him for another season at least. Loved his passion and commitment, not enough of it in the current era.

Echo the comments above, strange move for someone that's homesick although the other concern of not playing week in week out should be allayed at Shrewsbury. For someone who is only 27 and played in the Championship only a couple of seasons ago, I'd have thought he'd have set his sights far higher. Good luck to him.

Pipehitterz

another baker love in player
average at best, no motm awards last season.
in contrast MAF got 4

says all we need to know
clearly from that move, that he was in fact a c**t behind the scenes

Grendel

another baker love in player
average at best, no motm awards last season.
in contrast MAF got 4

says all we need to know
clearly from that move, that he was in fact a c**t behind the scenes

There is no evidence whatsoever to back up your nonsense.

He has remained at clubs for long periods of time - just because Mowbray decided to rubbish the player in public doesn't make his comments true. Mowbray is hardly one to lecture about moving to a local area and showing commitment is he?

Reality is isolating him from the squad was one of many many errors Mowbray made last season.

JulianDarbyFTW

He may well be homesick, but if no clubs nearby want him or are willing to pay what he thinks he's worth, then it doesn't leave him much choice I guess.

Captain Dart

There is no evidence whatsoever to back up your nonsense.

He has remained at clubs for long periods of time - just because Mowbray decided to rubbish the player in public doesn't make his comments true. Mowbray is hardly one to lecture about moving to a local area and showing commitment is he?

Reality is isolating him from the squad was one of many many errors Mowbray made last season.
See you've got a definite opinion about Mr Mowbray.
tumblr10.jpg

stupot07

hahahaha so you agree with reda being top for the WHOLE season.
that poll is pathetic to the highest order4 motm to nil is a telling stat, a cctelegraph poll from teenagers is not

embarrassing
Whilst i agree that poll is crap, a) I can't remeber MAF putting in 4 (1 tops) MOTM performances. But even if he did, four 8/10 MOTMs is not great if you're absolute gash for the other 20 game

Whether you rate JOB or not, he was pretty much ever present in the team when we were top of thr league, and consistently put in c7/10 performances during they period.

So JOB signs for the Shrews & one part of his interview is "He (the manager) has signed a couple of warriors so hopefully they can do my tackling for me and look after me in there!" Would JOB be referring to another former Sky Blue in Gary Deegan?

Pipehitterz

Whilst i agree that poll is crap, a) I can't remeber MAF putting in 4 (1 tops) MOTM performances. But even if he did, four 8/10 MOTMs is not great if you're absolute gash for the other 20 game

Whether you rate JOB or not, he was pretty much ever present in the team when we were top of thr league, and consistently put in c7/10 performances during they period.

Actually he was out of the team during the peak of our run and also subbed on or off around that time too.

1 goal before our big run got going , I as a manager would have expected far more from an attacking / creative midfield if the rest of the team are grabbing big wins

Either way you look at it , in tm we trust, he has remained in charge and also got us too our highest position
O'brien threw the dummy and isn't here anymore.

I know where my allegiance lays , I'm amazed anyone would put down tony while defending an Ex , and seemingly , disruptive Ex player , that wasn't exactly our Best .

stupot07

Actually he was out of the team during the peak of our run and also subbed on or off around that time too.

1 goal before our big run got going , I as a manager would have expected far more from an attacking / creative midfield if the rest of the team are grabbing big wins

Either way you look at it , in tm we trust, he has remained in charge and also got us too our highest position
O'brien threw the dummy and isn't here anymore.

I know where my allegiance lays , I'm amazed anyone would put down tony while defending an Ex , and seemingly , disruptive Ex player , that wasn't exactly our Best .
Our good run was the first 18 games when we went top of thr league, from there we went on relegation form for 23 games before a ending the season with a decent 5 game spell.

Of those first 18 games JOB started 14, and came on in 2 of those 18 games including starting in 4 of our biggest wins of thr season - Wigan, Millwall, Burton and the 4-1 Gillingham game.

He actually scored 2 goals and 4 assists in that period.

I'm not saying he's a world beater, but I personally feel that he was harshly treated. Its not about trusting mowbray or not, although we're all agreed mowvray lost the plot in that second half of the season.

I wouldn't even have bothered to respond, we all have differing opinions, but to say MAF had a better season/contributed more last year is simply not true.

ccfctommy

facts are facts
4 motm to nil

your argument is...........?

Who issues or decides these MOM awards btw?

I would say I've seen MAF have about 4 or 5 decent games. Where Mowbray actually played him up top instead of on the wing. He held up the ball well but never put a run of form together. Colchester away je was brilliant.

O'Brien was a more consistent performer for me. A 7 out of 10 guy (maybe that explains the MOM stat). There were games where Murphy and Maddison were failing and we were crying out for his industry and work rate. Alas, something went wrong behind the scenes and he was sent packing to Scunthorpe. Shame really.

Pipehitterz

the facts i drag from this thread are these

maf and obrien are not deemed good enough for ccfc

and they both ply their 'questionible' trade elsewhere

as for tm losing the plot, i would suggest the fitness wasnt right, its not a sprint, our fitness levels were down to one person that has now also been released

last season is the best season i can remember since the season before leaving the prem so in tm i trust for now seeing as how fickle fans are

Captain Dart

Well whatever you think of last season and decisions to release JOB and Peter Tierney it looks like the manager is managing the gig.

There is little sympathy in football, results on the pitch are really all that count, the hurt feelings or damaged career prospects of former employees are irrelevant.

Last edited:

Grendel

the facts i drag from this thread are these

maf and obrien are not deemed good enough for ccfc

and they both ply their 'questionible' trade elsewhere

as for tm losing the plot, i would suggest the fitness wasnt right, its not a sprint, our fitness levels were down to one person that has now also been released

last season is the best season i can remember since the season before leaving the prem so in tm i trust for now seeing as how fickle fans are

You said he wasn't a regular in the good run - he started the majority of games.

It's hardly a credible stance is it?

steve82

Regardless of if he is good enough to play week in week out in the side if he's not prepared to be a squad player and spit his dummy out then that's detrimental to the team. The modern game is squad based at most clubs.
For me job was best as a impact sub like he did v peterbough anyway. Was his on the pitch rants a positive for the team like we seen in the 2nd half of season 14/15 season, no.
If we all want this club to move forward then a change in personnel is required sometimes.

The Reverend Skyblue

I will miss his passion . Perhaps he went OTT when an attack broke down which must have disheartened the team especially the youngsters, so for that I say thank you JOB for all your efforts but you have made the right decision to move on.

Pipehitterz

Reading through this thread someone might have thought it was Dion Dublin I was talking about.
I can't see how a bit part player , who was knackered after an hour of every game , that didn't score, or defend , and wasn't particularly the Best player in the team , and seemingly has proven badness on the pitch and off, gets such lauding
Especially since he's an Ex player

Nick

Administrator
Reading through this thread someone might have thought it was Dion Dublin I was talking about.
I can't see how a bit part player , who was knackered after an hour of every game , that didn't score, or defend , and wasn't particularly the Best player in the team , and seemingly has proven badness on the pitch and off, gets such lauding
Especially since he's an Ex player

Yeah, I don't see the fascination with Baker either :)

Users who are viewing this thread