JOB - should he come back? (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

Are we missing his energy and spirit on the pitch? I know he was unhappy at being a sub most games but can't help thinking he is someone who may have made a difference off the bench Saturday?
Certainly a better option than Fortune right? So the question is should we bring him back?

torchomatic

I think so. To be fair though it sounds like he'd rather be elsewhere so it's a bit pointless.

lifeskyblue

JOB always gives 100% but not always matches that with quality. At this stage of the season and with the possibility of a playoff spot coming under pressure the call for TM is do we need grafters and fighters or can we play our way out of the poor run.
For me we need a few who roll their sleeves up and battle and who are capable of getting a draw when we deserve to lose. So yes I would have JOB right now...but would rather have a Wise or a Yorath or dare I say even a Doyle (or is that a step too far?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

covey1987

No because he doesn't want to sit on the bench! Agree with your comments regards energy and fortune but he don't want it.

Skybluefaz

Tony Mowbray has basically cut all ties with him for being a bad egg by the sounds of it so I doubt it will happen. Fleetwood was the kind of game he could have made a difference off the bench. Having said that I'm fully with TM on shipping him out if he's being disruptive.

stupot07

He should come back, but Mowbray's pretty much cut all ties now, especially after what he said at the Evening with Mowbray. It is a concern as there's no one with his qualities in the squad, other than Hunt who's 34 and unfit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

He absolutely should come back, and he would be an important figure in our promotion push.

As much as that is said, I don't think he would come back given the offer. Two reasons:

1) Mowbray ousted him, and his comments towards him were bashing to say the least.

2) If he came back it would be on the premis that he would get game time, but as we've seen, other players would get favoured over him.

standupforcity

I love JOB and his energy and how he can come on and change a game...but if he's a disruptive influence in the dressing room that's a different story...so I guess no is the answer!

steve82

Id of said yes but I think we've enough players here that can do a job. It sounded like the move was best for both party's in the end. Drop Murphy to the bench and give lameires a run of games. What about hunt? If he's unfit whys he not play for u21's today?

chiefdave

If you assume what Mowbray has said since him leaving is true then I would say no to him coming back.

Users who are viewing this thread