Jimmy Hills ashes (1 Viewer)

shy_tall_knight

Its an honour for the club, the City of Coventry and the Ricoh - not sure how well his ashes will sit when they change the sky blue seats to yellow and black.

Samo

Its an honour for the club, the City of Coventry and the Ricoh - not sure how well his ashes will sit when they change the sky blue seats to yellow and black.

I'd rather they were scattered in the streets where Highfield Rd stood.
Scattering them at the Ricoh is a bit like burying a close relative in the back garden of a rented house you'll be moving out of in a few years.

Sick Boy

I'd rather they were scattered in the streets where Highfield Rd stood.
Scattering them at the Ricoh is a bit like burying a close relative in the back garden of a rented house you'll be moving out of in a few years.

That would be much more fitting.

letsallsingtogether

That would be much more fitting.
Why?
The family are scattering the ashes in accordance to his wishes and if that is to be at the Ricoh where fellow City fans have their ashes scattered who are we to question it.

chiefdave

it's probably the most appropriate place. As far as the memorial garden goes the important thing for me is that it remains totally separate from anything Wasps do to the Ricoh. If and when we move it should come with is.

Grendel

Why should you care you never liked him anyway

That's untrue. Wasn't part of the lynch mob that shouted "kill kill kill Jimmy Hill"

As a character and as a football entrepreneur I liked him. Too young to remember him as a manager but record speaks for itself.

As a chairman he was a liability. Childish to suggest that means personal animosity.

Samo

Why?
The family are scattering the ashes in accordance to his wishes and if that is to be at the Ricoh where fellow City fans have their ashes scattered who are we to question it.

To be fair, Jimmy didn't know what his wishes were in recent years and may have expressed that wish before the stadium built to replace HR became the property of a London rugby club.
And how many City fans want there ashes scattered there now? Almost anywhere BUT there for mine thanks

Nick

Administrator
To be fair, Jimmy didn't know what his wishes were in recent years and may have expressed that wish before the stadium built to replace HR became the property of a London rugby club.
And how many City fans want there ashes scattered there now? Almost anywhere BUT there for mine thanks

that's the thing.

In the circumstances it would be debatable!

letsallsingtogether

So you know that for sure.
I for one am being buried so won't be scattered anywhere.
As for wishes it doesn't matter who they were his or his family.
We still should have no say we are not related to him.
RIP JH

letsallsingtogether

That's untrue. Wasn't part of the lynch mob that shouted "kill kill kill Jimmy Hill"

As a character and as a football entrepreneur I liked him. Too young to remember him as a manager but record speaks for itself.

As a chairman he was a liability. Childish to suggest that means personal animosity.

They were your words in a previous thread not mine.

it's probably the most appropriate place. As far as the memorial garden goes the important thing for me is that it remains totally separate from anything Wasps do to the Ricoh. If and when we move it should come with is.

Exactly, Jimmy will be at every home game along with us. It shouldn't really matter what colour seats are there where the stadium is, he'll be at the ccfc stadium with us. So let's give him a party Saturday

letsallsingtogether

Exactly, Jimmy will be at every home game along with us. It shouldn't really matter what colour seats are there where the stadium is, he'll be at the ccfc stadium with us. So let's give him a party Saturday

Well said.

Party

Samo

So you know that for sure.
I for one am being buried so won't be scattered anywhere.
As for wishes it doesn't matter who they were his or his family.
We still should have no say we are not related to him.
RIP JH

Who said we should have a say? I just expressed a personal opinion.

Samo

And what about when we no longer play there? Will he be along with us then?

Samo

His sons happy to do it there.

Enough said imo

And how will his son feel when that stadium is nothing to do with CCFC and he can only visit the site by attending a Wasps game?

Grendel

Didn't jimmy hills son used to be a George Michael lookalike?

Samo

Take it you and RFC are the only ones who think sisu will build a stadium

You take it incorrectly. I said that CCFC might no longer play at the Ricoh, not that SISU would build a new stadium.

Samo

Apologies samo, can't see them leaving the Ricoh though

Truth is though Zam, we could be evicted, it is not our stadium and we are at the mercy of Wasps

Users who are viewing this thread