Jimmy Hill (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

Five years ago today that the great man passed away. My dad started taking me to watch us play at Highfield Road just after Jimmy had taken over. And it didn't take me long to become a fan of the Sky Blues as I loved everything about the place, the atmosphere and the football his teams would play. Jimmy Hill a Coventry City legend.

bringbackrattles

Have to agree with everything you've said, BBR. I, too, started my love of the City when he was in charge. 1963 was my first game. Nearly 58 years ago!
PUSB!
RIP Sir Jimmy!
Decked out in sky blue and sporting a big rosette,and clicking our wooden rattles. Down the front of the Spion Kop,with my dad and his mates stood further up the terraces. Like a scene from The Fast Show ! Great days.

bringbackrattles

I'd like to think that, in years to come, (probably after I've pegged it!) Mark Robins might be held in the same esteem. He's done brilliantly up to now.
Before the both of us pop off and leave this mortal coil, let's hope we get to see us back in the Premier League. With Robins in charge I reckon it could happen, he's doing a great job nevertheless.

Users who are viewing this thread