Jimmy Hill the coventry years on film (get well soon JH) (1 Viewer)

Moscowskyblue

I was a young boy who got in to Football and the Sky Blues because of the success and good vibe Jimmy Hill generated around the city and what days they were, I wish the yonger post 87 fans could enjoy that feeling. I can remember the shock caused by his resignation. Who knows what would have happened, he probably was the wisest man to have got out at the top but I would have loved to have had JH leading the troops lead the team through the season(he did start but went soon after to allow Cantwell in) When you think what Paul Lambert at Norwich achieved and Nigel Adkins at Southampton has achieved getting them back it is a great triumphwith successive promotions but what JH achieved was taking up a club that had never been up with the big boys.
I am fortunate to have met many celebrities, important people etc... but Jimmy Hill was the only person who I was in awe of and still am. I will never forget what he did and despite the relative failure of his chairmanship I know that our club will never have a more talismanic, inspirational figure leading it.
Good luck Mark Robins I wish you only success and if you are half as successful as Jimmy Hill then our club will be about to experience better long overdue times........

TheSnoz

Moscow, well said. Like you I was there and echo everything you say. Had one lovely encounter with him I'll never forget.

blueflint

moscow and snoz i supported in my own way sneaking in for free before JH revolution and still support them now what memories great times please bring some of them back so our grandkids can feel the joy

wingy

Makes me think now we have a Robims ,we just need a Hill as Chairmen or on the pitch...........:thinking about:;)

Great stuff Deano

Users who are viewing this thread