Jimmy hill statue (1 Viewer)

covmark

Very good, your excitement holds no bounds, but if you want to prove a point try doing it this time next year, and see how attendances hold up over that season, rather than when they are bumped by novelty, freebies, and complimentary tickets. Apart from The Tigers most clubs cant sustain such attendances, and as I have always said the proof will be over time.
No way, he'd have flounced off by then. Some other hedge fund will have taken his fancy.

Moff

Where an I excited? Just putting the counter argument. I do both so I assume others might as well.

Posting a big shiny picture to emphasise your point smacks of over excitement to me. Obviously you disgaree, thats forums for you :whistle:

italiahorse

Is that a serious question? You don't see how a rugby club being dropped into the city and get over 20K of the local population attending there games impacts on attendances for other local teams?

More likely that moving a club to Northampton finished them off and after a peak for Gillingham the continued Sisu court actions have finished them off.
I'm fed up of my team spiraling down as these idiots take the piss. I have not followed the majority but I can get my sporting fix elsewhere whilst also subsidising a loosing battle.

Sisu have made the void 'before' Wasps filled it.

Grendel

In your last post it wasn't impacting CCFC as they weren't the same supporters!

That's him to a tee. He even argues against himself.

Ignore the idiot.

fernandopartridge

More likely that moving a club to Northampton finished them off and after a peak for Gillingham the continued Sisu court actions have finished them off.
I'm fed up of my team spiraling down as these idiots take the piss. I have not followed the majority but I can get my sporting fix elsewhere whilst also subsidising a loosing battle.

Sisu have made the void 'before' Wasps filled it.

Off you pop then you boring client. You won't be missed.

SkyBlue_Bear83

It was wasps themselves that over 90% of ticket sales were to CV postcodes, are you saying they were lying?

90% had never been to a Wasps match before
I think in the region of 60-70% lived within 10 miles of the Ricoh
40-45% lived within 5 miles of the Ricoh

Can't remember the exact figure but I think it was something like that, Nick Eastwood mentioned it before the match.

CCFC_Charlie

The difference between the attendance at our game on Saturday and Wasps yesterday sums this City up to a tee. Bunch of bandwagoners. We were getting awful attendences before Northampton as well before people start using that as an excuse for this season. 27'000 to 11'000 in a week is all you need to know about how fickle this city is. Who knows though, maybe we'll win 4 games in a row or something and take 7000 to an away game or something again.

Macca

What would happen if Wasps bought CCFC securing our future at the Ricoh and investment in team? Morals forgotten? Like when the woman beater was knocking in the goals

stupot07

What would happen if Wasps bought CCFC securing our future at the Ricoh and investment in team? Morals forgotten? Like when the woman beater was knocking in the goals

It's not going to happen so we won't need to cross that bridge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

italiahorse

The difference between the attendance at our game on Saturday and Wasps yesterday sums this City up to a tee. Bunch of bandwagoners. We were getting awful attendences before Northampton as well before people start using that as an excuse for this season. 27'000 to 11'000 in a week is all you need to know about how fickle this city is. Who knows though, maybe we'll win 4 games in a row or something and take 7000 to an away game or something again.

Gone are the days when people only had football to look forward to at weekends.
People have more choice these days on what they spend their money on.
Some had it forced on them last year and like what they found.
A lot is expectations and at the moment with Sisu they are non existent.

Moff

Dont tar everyone Macca. I want them as much our owners as I want SISU to continue owning us. I wish both would go forth and fekk off.

Grendel

Gone are the days when people only had football to look forward to at weekends.
People have more choice these days on what they spend their money on.
Some had it forced on them last year and like what they found.
A lot is expectations and at the moment with Sisu they are non existent.

I have found 6 people who went and none spent any money to get in. Two even had free corporate hospitality.

For the record I was offered free tickets from 3 different sources - well one was a buy for Sunday and get a free sale ticket offer.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I have found 6 people who went and none spent any money to get in. Two even had free corporate hospitality.

For the record I was offered free tickets from 3 different sources - well one was a buy for Sunday and get a free sale ticket offer.

Now why would you be offered free tickets after all you're a big high flying executive of their main sponsor aren't you? Wonder how they feel about a high flying executive of their main sponsor slagging them off. You're a liar anyway you don't know six people unless you stopped at a bus stop and asked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grendel

Now why would you be offered free tickets after all you're a big high flying executive of their main sponsor aren't you? Wonder how they feel about a high flying executive of their main sponsor slagging them off. You're a liar anyway you don't know six people unless you stopped at a bus stop and asked.

Do people still use buses -- wow

Nick

Administrator

Like when everybody ranting about moving to Sixfields and Fix Football who bragged about their strong spines, principles and morals getting chuffed over going to watch Wasps? "Who cares where they came from" is one of the best comments about it.

italiahorse

Of course you have :claping hands:

chiefdave

Now why would you be offered free tickets after all you're a big high flying executive of their main sponsor aren't you?

I don't work for any of their sponsors or even live in the city and had 2 different people offer me free tickets, both of whom work for London based companies. It would be interesting to get a true figure of how many people actually paid to get in and of them how many paid full price.

Nick

Administrator

To be fair, it is usually the big flying executives of sponsors who get the free tickets isn't it?

italiahorse

Like when everybody ranting about moving to Sixfields and Fix Football who bragged about their strong spines, principles and morals getting chuffed over going to watch Wasps? "Who cares where they came from" is one of the best comments about it.

This is getting tiresome. It's totally different.
You do know why we went to Sixfields don't you ?

Grendel

Of course you have :claping hands:

One via a school . One via a charitable trust. One via a friend who secured a deal via supplier.

Shall I PM you one if them - just to piss you off as you seem the only mug to have purchased at face value?

Nick

Administrator
This is getting tiresome. It's totally different.
You do know why we went to Sixfields don't you ?

Yeah, $$$ in eyes. Why are Wasps here? $$$ in eyes.

Difference is people went to Sixfields as it was their club. People go to wasps because they just want to watch a game of rugby.

So you are saying people who were angry about us moving haven't posted "Who cares where they came from?"

Irony is totally missed, it is quite funny sometimes.

italiahorse

One via a school . One via a charitable trust. One via a friend who secured a deal via supplier.

Shall I PM you one if them - just to piss you off as you seem the only mug to have purchased at face value?

Who said I purchased at face value ?
Anyway, like you I have my Land Rover contacts being a retired Programme Manager !!

Grendel

Who said I purchased at face value ?
Anyway, like you I have my Land Rover contacts being a retired Programme Manager !!

You did - you said you purchased in block 21 online when you thought they were being sold out. More bullshit?

italiahorse

Difference is people went to Sixfields as it was their club. People go to wasps because they just want to watch a game of rugby.

So you are saying people who were angry about us moving haven't posted "Who cares where they came from?"

Everything is about money.:facepalm:
One is to progress the teams status and provide income streams into club, the other was to depress it so as to make Sisu money.

italiahorse

You did - you said you purchased in block 21 online when you thought they were being sold out. More bullshit?

Correct.
Your getting confused, you need to check your notes.
Just for your records I actually ended up in block 19 in the end.
A row of empty seats in front of me so managed to get 5 flags for xmas presents for the grandkids :whistle:

LB87ccfc

Reading through this bollocks people saying 27k for wasps , woop woop who gives a flying fuck, it was a bandwagon day, a one off, give it 3 weeks and their be down to 6 -7 k and thinking what the fuck have we done.

We had over 27k for gillingham, the same will happen with Wasps make no mistake. over 7k freebies yesterday.

Vedere

Are dollars legal tender in Coventry now? I've been away from the UK for some time, I best get my money changed for when I'm back!

Users who are viewing this thread