Jimmy hill statue (1 Viewer)

skybluelee

Nick Eastwood said on Cwr on Friday that of the 27,000 tickets sold 92% were from people with a CV postcode.

Well done people of Coventry (and surrounding areas). You can't be arsed to support your football club but will happily get behind an egg chasing franchise from London. Well done again.

rupert_bear

Well done people of Coventry (and surrounding areas). You can't be arsed to support your football club but will happily get behind an egg chasing franchise from London. Well done again.
Not all people are football fans, a lot support both, don't be so blinkered in life.

rupert_bear

Nick Eastwood said on Cwr on Friday that of the 27,000 tickets sold 92% were from people with a CV postcode.
Well there must have been a large silent minority of Wasp fans based in the cv area then, perhaps that's why they moved here. Take it from me the majority of people by me were from afar and judging from the vocal support around the ground were established Wasp supporters, perhaps here because it was the first game but not locals by any means.

Grendel

Well there must have been a large silent minority of Wasp fans based in the cv area then, perhaps that's why they moved here. Take it from me the majority of people by me were from afar and judging from the vocal support around the ground were established Wasp supporters, perhaps here because it was the first game but not locals by any means.

Wasps only have 6,000 supporters and there were 40 coaches going from Wycombe.

torchomatic

That's what I find totally unbelievable here. Steve and his cronies were on tele, radio sending out press releases, camping outside SISU offices telling us how wrong it was being in Northampton. And they were right it was wrong. Now he's fully behind and supports Wasps and the move they've made. I hope the rest of the Trust distance himself from his hypocritical stance. I doubt it though, they seem to be Mr Eastwood's new best friend.

And annoyingly, the Wasps match was the first story on CWR's Sports News this morning.

Steve your hypocrisy here is bordering on comical. You opposed CCFC playing in Northampton with so much energy and then you sit there and defend a club which relocated even further and is not going back? MK Dons fans don't care where their club came from either.

torchomatic

I agree with you there. The same as it wasn't the fault of Northampton's fans' that we ended up at the Ricoh. However, if you care to glance back at some of the threads from the time....

But no, not the fans of Wasps' fault. Just SISU, CCC, ACL, PWKH, Wasps' owners.

One of many posts having a go at the Wasps supporters. None of the move to the Ricoh is their fault. How many think that they are happy that they have to travel nearly 100 miles each way each game? They are as much at fault as we were when we got moved to Northampton.

So they are now a bunch of cunts and wankers because someone put a flag on the JH statue? If that is the case I expect those saying so to admit that they are a c**t or a wanker each time a so called CCFC supporter does something wrong.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

For some reason they are too thick to realise. Even the sky blue trust are joining in. Their leaders are not fit for purpose and seem to care more about getting their egos stroked and doffing their caps.

Why are they getting their egos stroked and doffing their hats bought tickets and went not freebies not as guests or invited by wasps but as individuals.but then again you think that just because certain members of the trust are on the scg they should behave like some of the others on it. The trust represent fans of ccfc not all but some its a pity our owners don't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

torchomatic

henry the wasp

So the whole crowd doing it did not go down well :confused:
I think a few stuffed shirts in the main stand were reluctant but a little booing as it staggered through got them in the mood the next time round.
Never heard any football language in my immediate surround.

I got the impression from comments on their forum that we had crashed their party. However I think a full Ricoh is a fantastic stadium and I felt envious.
Do I want to be part of it, maybe, but I don't really like the matter of fact attitude. Rugby fans seem a little reserved on excitement.[/QUOT

"crashed their party".
The people of Coventry are good at that. 20,000 of them crashed the Gillingham homecoming, never to be seen again this season.
Tell the wasps lot not to worry. Give it a few games and there will be no fucker there and they can go back to the attendances they are used to.

As for the statue thing, well... I doubt he would have minded. He wanted to change our name for money. Is'nt that franchising?
Although if it was a city fan then it shows a lack of class.

italiahorse

It's all in the product I'm afraid.
Coventry fans have always been fickle but when the product improves they are sitting in wait.

torchomatic

That is absolute nonsense. You can level that at shoppers who go where the bargains are, but not at fans of sports' teams. Well, there are always those like you and Steve, who seem quite happy to switch when it suits them.

I don't go into M&S, see a cheap dress in the sale and think "Ooh, I'll get myself that, what a bargain".

It's all in the product I'm afraid.
Coventry fans have always been fickle but when the product improves they are sitting in wait.

skybluetony176

Although that 92% are not all CCFC fans or even from Coventry what it does demonstrate is there are people in the area who want to be engaged with watching live sport and for whatever reason CCFC are not engaging them.

Personaly I know SISU carry "some" of the blame but I find it easier to blame AL, AT, previous regimes, CCC, Higgs, Wasps and whats left of the CCFC fan base. So I'll talk about the latter parties at length at brush past any talk of SISU that way we'll be back in the premiership by tea time and everyones a winner.

italiahorse

That is absolute nonsense. You can level that at shoppers who go where the bargains are, but not at fans of sports' teams. Well, there are always those like you and Steve, who seem quite happy to switch when it suits them.

I don't go into M&S, see a cheap dress in the sale and think "Ooh, I'll get myself that, what a bargain".

Similarly you don't go into M&S and buy a dress that you don't like because it was in fashion in the 60's

As for switching, I have a season ticket for the football.

torchomatic

Which you've said about 9 zillion times you wish you hadn't bought. I wish you hadn't either.

As for switching, I have a season ticket for the football.

rupert_bear

Wasps only have 6,000 supporters and there were 40 coaches going from Wycombe.
And we currently only have just over 7000 fans from a city with a population of 330000 not a good comparison really. IMO far too much time has been and still is wasted on this Wasp issue and not on the reasons we are fast becoming a backwater outfit and those who are causing it

torchomatic

Noggin

Gillingham game - Bargain price and we all knew it was going to be a great atmosphere with a massive crowd so everyone wanted to go - Full House.
Next game - expensive price and we all knew the atmosphere was going to be shit and the stadium would be 2/3rds empty with people scattered about and so people didn't go.

If this doesn't show that people go for the product/price I don't know what would.

Live sport is all about the atmosphere, something our owners and many of our own fans don't seem to realise, in fact our own "fan" group the scg worked against improving the atmosphere by getting the stand behind the goal (whatever its called now) reopened and the club totally failed at it's aim with the other side of the stadium because of the SAG something that wasps seem to have no issue with.

Watching sport on the tv at home is warmer, cheaper, easier, you can follow the game better, the food and drink is better and much cheaper, the seating is better However You lose the comradery, the atmosphere, the being part of a big group of people pulling for a common goal, all of these things have been completely ruined under sisu, hell most of us hate each other now, the atmosphere is awful, there is already a huge number of people who only go because they feel they should or they brought a season ticket during the hype when we got back.

ajsccfc

Not to defend rugby and starting lighting my own farts and all, but surely the childhood dream part is playing in front of thousands of people in his home city rather than 'since I was a boy it was my dream that a stadium would be built while I was in my twenties and the team I play for would be uprooted and moved there after a few years in Wycombe'

skybluetony176

Not to defend rugby and starting lighting my own farts and all, but surely the childhood dream part is playing in front of thousands of people in his home city rather than 'since I was a boy it was my dream that a stadium would be built while I was in my twenties and the team I play for would be uprooted and moved there after a few years in Wycombe'

Dont be silly. Its definately the latter. He can be made a Villain that way.

torchomatic

torchomatic

Why not stop coming on here and start your own forum? I'm sure it will be well run and I'm sure you're a decent bloke.

Thanks, finally! A forum that is well ran, where the 'owner' is a decent bloke. You could learn a thing or two!

Moff

Thanks, finally! A forum that is well ran, where the 'owner' is a decent bloke. You could learn a thing or two!

Bugger off there then and stop bleating like a child, if not start your own forum and stop criticising others that do something you couldnt even remotely do. :facepalm:

Moff

IMHO they are planning to loose half them and tap into local support.
The proof will be in the next few games.

No the proof will be next season and the season after. There are plenty more promotions on offer for the next few matches, so lets just give it more time to assess shall we.

jimmyhillsfanclub

No way I'm gonna read 235+ posts but I'd like to get this back on topic....

A flag of a some cunty cockney rugby franchise attached to Sir Jimmy Hills statue is offensive.......If the w*sps fans on here can't see why that is.....then I'm sorry but you're just dumb fuckers.....

Moff

Maybe he hads a premonition. Next thing you know he will be Rugby's Nostradamus and on the talk show circuit on his retirement....probably ending up sharing a house with David Icke.

Noggin

No way I'm gonna read 235+ posts but I'd like to get this back on topic....

A flag of a some cunty cockney rugby franchise attached to Sir Jimmy Hills statue is offensive.......If the w*sps fans on here can't see why that is.....then I'm sorry but you're just dumb fuckers.....

funny post, flag resting on a statue = offensive. cunty, cockney, w*sps, dumb fuckers = not offensive?

I find it very strange to see people getting so worked up about this which I'm sure wouldn't bother the man one little bit yet not having the same bile for the real offensive stuff that has happened to coventry city football club under sisus tenure, stuff that is really offensive to Jimmy Hill.

jimmyhillsfanclub

funny post, flag resting on a statue = offensive. cunty, cockney, w*sps, dumb fuckers = not offensive?

I find it very strange to see people getting so worked up about this which I'm sure wouldn't bother the man one little bit yet not having the same bile for the real offensive stuff that has happened to coventry city football club under sisus tenure, stuff that is really offensive to Jimmy Hill.

I think you'll find if you check my post history I have often referred to Sisu as cunts and their actions as cunty.....

.....Just to clarify: Sisu= cunts. ACL (old) = cunts. CCC = cunts. FL = cunts ACL (new) = cunts. Wasps (RFC) = cunts. Wasps (insects) = cunts.

skybluetony176

Haven't you heard? Its not SISU's fault. Its the cunty, cockney (north london team but if the cap doesn't fit run with it anyway), wasps, dumb fuckers fault.

skybluetony176

Haven't you heard? Its not SISU's fault. Its the cunty, cockney (north london team but if the cap doesn't fit run with it anyway), wasps, dumb fuckers fault.

Users who are viewing this thread