Jimmy hill statue (1 Viewer)

skybluepm2

Why not enjoy a leading sports club coming to the city? And switching off the lights on the vile SISU in the process (that and the latter's self-inflicted JR own goal).

Nobody otuside Coventry really cares, other than Wasps fans. The future of CCFC has nothing to do with Wasps - our status as tenants at the Ricoh remains unchanged.

I just don't see why so many people are pissed off by the Wasps move. Short of a takeover by Byng-Hoffman-Ranson-Elliot, this is the next-best scenario because it keeps the Ricoh out of SISU's hands.

I'll back you on this. I'm a season ticket holder and have been for 14 out of 15 years (notable exception being the shitfields debacle). I will continue to be a season ticket holder until the day I die (unless we move to somewhere of an equivalent distance of shitfields). Irrespective of how low SISU take us, I will carry on supporting the team.

I went today with friends and family and thoroughly enjoyed it. Wasps put on a good show for the fans, inside and out of the ground and showed those wankers running our club how it should be done.

As I walked through the turnstile inserting a bar coded ticket instead of a shitty 1990's style paper book (which I managed to forget at yesterday's game) I was full of anger. Anger at SISU's inability to purchase a ground for a pittance, which would and should have set us up for the next century or 2. Instead, their disgusting attempt of brinkmanship has backfired on an unbelievable level.

What wasps have done is seize an opportunity. They were homeless and sought to change that by purchasing a magnificent stadium for a price that SISU have probably doubled in pointless legal fees. I do not feel anger towards anyone but SISU and the council.

Placing a flag in Jimmy Hill's hand was probably done with no malice and more of a tongue in cheek celebration. Watching top flight sport at any level in our City will always appeal to me but that doesn't make me a fan nor does it make me a scab. Why shouldn't I spend my Sunday enjoying myself sitting with friends and family whilst downing a few beers? It sure beats the awful experience put on by our club. They do fuck all to entice fans to return, can't even supply stock in the club shop, do jack shit at half time and don't even get the game on the big screen.

Lets not forget that the Ricoh could've been ours on many occasions. The main villains in this Panto are Fisher and Seppalla but not forgetting Lucas's underhand bargaining behind the backs of the Coventry population.

hutch1972

It seems to me people are using any excuse to kiss their ass and that's disgraceful.
have to agree there Grendel , it is nauseating to see the citizens of this city on their knees to a club who have simply railroaded in leaving behind its history and most importantly its supporters.

italiahorse

A sad day in the history of Coventry. Why anyone would go and cheer on wasps is beyond me...

Why not?
Great atmosphere at times and the wasps buzzing noise in anticipation of them coming out was superb.
Even managed to get 5 flags for topping up grand kids xmas stockings ;)

Brighton Sky Blue

Why not?
Great atmosphere at times and the wasps buzzing noise in anticipation of them coming out was superb.
Even managed to get 5 flags for topping up grand kids xmas stockings ;)

Coventry RFC won their 12th game in a row yesterday, sure the atmosphere there would've been great. Still don't think many of the flag waving morons there today would've cared either way. All about the top level sport, nothing to do with where a team comes from or how it got to where it is.

skybluepm2

This is a hilarious over reaction given what I have seen our fans get up to in the past. And any who criticises it usually gets told to get a grip its just boys stuff. And fwiw Jimmy Hill is my all time hero

I don't recall there being this much of an outrage a couple of months back after a couple of tramps had been pissing and shitting behind the scoreboard. A flag in the hand of our statue is far worse!!

italiahorse

Coventry RFC won their 12th game in a row yesterday, sure the atmosphere there would've been great. Still don't think many of the flag waving morons there today would've cared either way. All about the top level sport, nothing to do with where a team comes from or how it got to where it is.

I thought you supported CCFC not CRFC ?

skybluepm2

You say that BSB, but I'm at every City home game and most away plus attend a couple of games at the Butts each season, that's what matters to me but I won't turn down the opportunity to watch Wasps either. They are here for the long term whether we genuinely like it or not and it didn't clash with either of the more important Coventry teams playing.

PS I enjoyed waving the flag

italiahorse

You say that BSB, but I'm at every City home game and most away plus attend a couple of games at the Butts each season, that's what matters to me but I won't turn down the opportunity to watch Wasps either. They are here for the long term whether we genuinely like it or not and it didn't clash with either of the more important Coventry teams playing.

PS I enjoyed waving the flag 

Flag waving and a Mexican wave as well.
Nearly spilt my guiness over the guy in front.

torchomatic

Brighton Sky Blue

PS I enjoyed waving the flag 

I'm sure some in the crowd fitted that, but a lot going because 'Cov are shit though', waving their plastic Wasps flag, it's a piss take. They are the ultimate franchise and people are stumbling over each other to line their shady owner's pockets.

jabharty

All this 'well Wasps really care about the fans and the community' stuff is rubbish. If they really cared about their fans, they would have made a concerted effort to stay in the London area, to repay those fans that kept their club afloat.
Lets still not forget our reaction to our club being taken out of the city we belong. Not only have Wasps moved, but also have (previously) changed their name to disassociate themselves from their history. Imagine if we moved to Northampton and their inhabitants decided to pack out the ground, justifying the move. People who go are giving a reason for clubs to franchise out.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

What damn right do you have to start calling people morons? Some people would have taken kids who wanted to see England international heroes. And you've got the right to judge and name call?

Very ironic.....

italiahorse

I'm sure some in the crowd fitted that, but a lot going because 'Cov are shit though', waving their plastic Wasps flag, it's a piss take. They are the ultimate franchise and people are stumbling over each other to line their shady owner's pockets.

Who has said they only going because Cov are sh1t ?
Surely you can't tar everybody with the same brush?

hutch1972

Flag waving and a Mexican wave as well.
Nearly spilt my guiness over the guy in front.
Having had a look at the wasps forum it seems that the mexican wave did not go down well nor the language from "football type supporters".
All i can say is what were they expecting to get ?

Steve.B50

Did not want to come on here and mention the W word but had to comment on today, firstly there were lots of Cov Rugby fans and proudly showing there colours and shirts. As an ex player myself it was great to see so many junior Rugby clubs represented at the games wearing club badges and colours. Met some great olds friends, many who had never been to the Ricoh but all said they would be back ( including the Coventry Rugby lads). As far as they are all concerned it's a massive get together of people who like to watch a game on a Sunday, never going to interfere with there Saturday's.

Also worth noting there were a lot of Coventry City fans present and I wager most will be back again as some point.

Do any of us care where they came from?

chiefdave

Having had a look at the wasps forum it seems that the mexican wave did not go down well nor the language from "football type supporters".
All i can say is what were they expecting to get ?

They'll want to stamp out people having fun pretty quickly, it's not the Coventry way!

firstly there were lots of Cov Rugby fans and proudly showing there colours and shirts.

If there's so many such great fans of CRFC why aren't there more people at their games?

Grendel

Did not want to come on here and mention the W word but had to comment on today, firstly there were lots of Cov Rugby fans and proudly showing there colours and shirts. As an ex player myself it was great to see so many junior Rugby clubs represented at the games wearing club badges and colours. Met some great olds friends, many who had never been to the Ricoh but all said they would be back ( including the Coventry Rugby lads). As far as they are all concerned it's a massive get together of people who like to watch a game on a Sunday, never going to interfere with there Saturday's.

Also worth noting there were a lot of Coventry City fans present and I wager most will be back again as some point.

Do you think you are a fit and proper person to represent the Sky Blue Trust? Is there a formal process for resigning my membership?

Steve.B50

If there's so many such great fans of CRFC why aren't there more people at their games?[/QUOTE]

All I was saying was there were few around. Also most people who support Cov Rugby are players or ex players.

Nick

Administrator

Surely we should if we are losing city fans?

I know people who went to sixfields to see friends, we know what people said about them though don't we?

What about the kids football teams at the game yesterday?

rob9872

You got exactly what you deserved..

Don't even give the "I'm a big man" bullshit, that photo is disrespectful, that man was Mr Coventry and if some London tramp has put anything on that statue then that tarnishes that statue and what it stands for, that being my Football Club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not reading 14 pages but seen this on page 2. Has anyone pointed out that jimmy was from London? :-D

Steve.B50

Surely we should if we are losing city fans?

I know people who went to sixfields to see friends, we know what people said about them though don't we?

What about the kids football teams at the game yesterday?

I stick by my views that no one should have gone to SIxfields, if they had not it would have all been over much quicker, however I too had friends who went to games and we had lots of debates about there choices, they are still mates.

We are loosing fans continually but what's that go to do with W***s?

Sorry, but what about the kids yesterday?

Nick

Administrator
I stick by my views that no one should have gone to SIxfields, if they had not it would have all been over much quicker, however I too had friends who went to games and we had lots of debates about there choices, they are still mates.

We are loosing fans continually but what's that go to do with W***s?

Sorry, but what about the kids yesterday?

The ones in local football kits....

You said who cares where they come from to go to wasps, surely we should care if they cone from our fan base?

Steve.B50

The ones in local football kits....

You said who cares where they come from to go to wasps, surely we should care if they cone from our fan base?

Nick
What will happen will happen.
its not the W***s that will turn these younger fans away from CCFC.
i intend to go to both Cov games and the odd W***s games( especIally the Leicester one).

Nick

Administrator
Nick
i intend to go to both Cov games and the odd W***s games( especIally the Leicester one).

surely being top of the trust the attitude shouldn't be like that about cov fans doing one? Or will that just give reason to shout sisu out?

Was what will happen will happen said about sixfields? Will it be that if sisu build a new ground?

Will it be a case of its happened now so we need to work with it like wasps?

Steve.B50

surely being top of the trust the attitude shouldn't be like that about cov fans doing one? Or will that just give reason to shout sisu out?

Was what will happen will happen said about sixfields? Will it be that if sisu build a new ground?

Will it be a case of its happened now so we need to work with it like wasps?

what are you on about, not said anything like "Cov fans doing one"?

i am not saying anything about working with W***s

torchomatic

I hope the Trust board will be getting a cap each so they can doff it every time they see Mr Eastwood.

Nick

Users who are viewing this thread