Jimmy Hill Speaks? (1 Viewer)

Kneeza

Bit off topic, admittedly:
Just been watching BBC Breakfast, where they had a feature on 'talking statues' in London and Manchester (Sherlock Holmes, LS Lowry etc. etc.). The idea is that you phone a number on the statue (I assume; I missed the first bit) and an actor talks to you from the point of view of the subject, telling you that he didn't actually wear a deerstalker; Queen Victoria never said she wasn't amused - and so on).
Seems there's a campaign to get this rolled out much further.
Now, I reckon there's a chap stands outside the former home of a Football Club that ought to join in the chat?
Does that sound like a good idea?

RegTheDonk

Yes, why not if JHs family approve. Dare say in this age of internet savvy people, if you want to know something, you use a keyboard or phone....but people visiting the stadium (not many footy fans these days) might think its a bit of a novelty and phone the number.

Don't know how much it would cost to run/set up - who pays for the phone line and who would profit from it (if at all) I would hate something like this to become another political football regarding revenue streams! Wouldn't it be nice if it did make some money for the profits to go towards Alzheimers research.

Kneeza

Don't know the answers - just putting it out there really. As you say, proceeds to Alzheimer's research would be good.

Users who are viewing this thread