Jim O'brien (1 Viewer)

skybluekelly98

Sorry but he's our best player IMO.
REGARDLESS OF OPINION
He should have been brought on today. If there was one game he would have impacted it was today.
Oh, and how Murphy played 90 minutes is beyond me.

Otis

Sorry but he's our best player IMO.
REGARDLESS OF OPINION
He should have been brought on today. If there was one game he would have impacted it was today.
Oh, and how Murphy played 90 minutes is beyond me.
As someone said in the match thread, at half time he didn't come out with the subs and warm up.

Makes you think he is carrying a knock.

SBAndy

Probably wouldn't go as far as to say he is our best player, but he sets our tempo in defending from the front. I like what he offers.

ajsccfc

His enthusiasm and work is absolutely infectious, but on the other hand it can lead to ill discipline so I wouldn't have him in a 'best player' list.

rob9872

Quality opening post.... in your opinion... regardless of opinion....

Kingokings204

No doubts for me JOB should have started today. A hard worker and has a shot on him. Certainly should of started. (Don't know if he had a knock)

It was Cole that came out late (expected him to come on at half time) JOB was out there all the time. Proper Wenger coat on and wooly hat!

Del Boy 82

O'brien is not our best player......
He has the ability to shake a game up like he did v Peterborough. I'd of certainly brought him on for Murphy today tho as he offers commitment where Murphy does not, Murphy can stretch the width of the pitch tho on his day and the pitch was already packed out today as they sat infront of us, and o'brien make us more narrow drifting in unfortunately. Maybe that's why he was not brought on, oh and being able to use a 4th sub.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4439

JOB has changed games this season, and is probably my favourite player (not the same thing as thinking he is our best player). However, TM was clear in his pre-match brief that the game plan was for patient play, since Burton's record is one of rarely conceding matches from winning positions. JOB, on the other hand (bless him) is hardly the most position disciplined of players.

oakey

JOB would have made no real difference today. Too many players were under par. It's a team game and he is not an improvement on the players who were out there.

letsallsingtogether

Agree JOB was a better option and should have played.
TM also commented on how we kept passing the ball backwards when we should have been pushing forwards?

ClarkeZ

I feel like JOB really splits opinion, just to state the obvious.
Personally? I think he should be starting pretty much every week. He's got a major engine under him, constantly in the faces of opponents defenders and mids, never gives them time and that kind of pressure has caused other teams problems all season long. His workrate is at least on par with, if not better than, anyone else in the team. Maybe Vince and Fleck on that level.
Yes he can get a little carried away but it create chaos in the other teams shape and gaps open up which Murphy, Ruben, Madders and Armstrong are dying to exploit.
He's also one of the most positive players we have going forward, rarely a backward pass, always looking for the through ball and if he does lose it he will not give up when trying to get it back! That particular point I can't say for a lot of the players people seem/ed to love on here, Kent, Bigi and Murphy to mention names.

Gint11

For me JOB would be one of the first names on the sheet. Overall game is good for this level. Box to box workhorse, never gives up, fully committed, clever player and can score goals. The only critique I have on TM is why JOB is always the one to get left out or taken off.

covhead1

We really missed JOB, mystified as to why he did not come on.
I think he could have made an impact against a team like burton.
Having said that i don't think he could of changed the poor second half effort from a few of our players.

Malaka

Personally, I don't rate him. He is inconsistent and often gives the ball away by making stupid passes to players that have someone right on top of them.
I agree he does work hard and is passionate, but for me, he ain't quite good enough.

Otis

We really missed JOB, mystified as to why he did not come on.
I think he could have made an impact against a team like burton.
Having said that i don't think he could of changed the poor second half effort from a few of our players.
I think JOB should have started against Burton too. Mistake to play Maddison AND Murphy AND Lameiras.

Users who are viewing this thread