Jim O'Brien (1 Viewer)

lesturd

I know Mowbray is unsure about Jim because he runs around like a headless chicken at times and doesn't stick to his instructions most of the time, i.e. staybout wide...but for me when he's not on the pitch we are not as dynamic as a side BOTH ends of the pitch. He constantly presses the opposition and fills in that void that is always there, ahead of Vince and Fleck when he doesn't play.

I just think our midfield 3 that start should always be Vince / Fleck and our beloved headless chicken justc head of them...surely the last 2 games have proved that?!?

lesturd

Mowbray mentioning him alot lately so looks like he's back in good books

Didn't understand his substitution tonight. We took two experienced players off and replaced them with kids. I could understand the Cole one because he's way off the pace but I'd have stuck Jim in the hole behind the striker just for his energy and pressing

Hobo

I think his enrgy is wasted out wide. He is best deployed in the hole as he pressurises their defence and deep midfield into mistakes. When the ball goes wide his has the motor to support both wide players. His movement creates space for others and gives the player on the ball options. He also supports Vincelot, together they are both a couple of terriers. To me Cole is a luxury who seems to barely have 60 mins in him. I would rather see him on the bench.

Users who are viewing this thread