Jim o brien (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

Doesnt get enough credit for me , even when we have been losing the bloke spills guts on the pitch and always gives 110% , i thought his second half display today was absolutely incredible , and i also dont understand why when reda is out , he is not captain .
I think he will flourish in a 442 this season , my player of the season so far

RFC

Well spotted, forget the 1st half as a team because the 2nd half made-up, all played their part and substitutions & minor tweaks made a huge difference.

Difficult to separate Reda, Frank & Jim but because of his work rate and commitment (and how long he was out injured & didn't train) would give it to Nouble, well done 'Big Man'.

ajsccfc

He's got a surprising turn of pace at times too, there was one bit in the first half when he burnt their leftback and I couldn't work out which of our players it was for a second.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
He's got a surprising turn of pace at times too, there was one bit in the first half when he burnt their leftback and I couldn't work out which of our players it was for a second.

One point in the first half I don't know where he got his pace from but one minute he was a fair distance behind their defender, and the next he was in front of him! Superb turn of pace!

Do think he might be my new favourite player

jghccfc

Agree, thought he was immense second half was all over the place, cracking goal and was excellent in getting stuck in when we had the lead, have to applaud a player like that who has so much commitment when things aren't going our way.

He's possibly the best of Pressley's summer signings although the majority have proved to be pretty dire.
Certain to be a fans favourite with his never say die attitude.
Hope his request to come off this afternoon was as a result of over exertion and not injury.

Hobo

The more experienced leading by example about time. Alot of players have been selling the manager short. Every one has to put a shift in with football. You can carry 1 maybe 2 but no more. Time to kick on.

Cv3cov

Easily best player of season so far. Make him captain, if his comitment rubs off to rest of team we ain't gonna go far wrong.

Del Boy 82

2nd half really showed what he's capable of in the attacking half, when not having to come deep to try an create. Great engine an deserved his goal. A model pro for kids to watch

SkyBlue_Bear83

Yea I remember that, although I think that was a bit down to the left back being caught flat footed and slow off the mark.

SkyBlue_Bear83

His dribble in the build up to Haynes goal is the sort of thing we've been missing all season. Needs to do it more often.

Grendel

Its funny how people blather on about barton's technical ability yet O Brian's is far superior - as his his stamina and off the ball work.

Skybluepiglet

Have rated him all season..the passion and fight in Jim keeps me believing....and esspecially after yesterdays "Houdini" result....onwards and upwards..Orient are a shadow of last seasons form...lets make sure we at least pick something up there!

One worry for me is this is the first game we have missed at home this season.....should I stay away from now on ?

olderskyblue

Its funny how people blather on about barton's technical ability yet O Brian's is far superior - as his his stamina and off the ball work.

Barton was probably the only player who didn't put a foot wrong in the first half, Job was awful as were the rest.....

dont disagree that job is usually a better player for the team though.

Users who are viewing this thread