Jeremy Vine Show R2 (1 Viewer)

Skybluenutterman

Anybody listen to Jeremy Vine show on Tuesday? Talking about football ownership. There was a reference to CCFC during 2 calls and Jeremy Vine tried to sympathise but just didn't get it at all!! There was reference to a terminally ill father who's wish was to see CCFC at the Ricoh for one more time only for JV to conclude by saying " someone please get him a ticket to Northampton". Listen again from 1:32. Unreal !!

Steve_75

I caught some of it including the call from the daughter of the terminally ill guy. He did seem a bit clueless about it - you'd have thought someone would have done a bit more research for him on which clubs were likely to be talked about and given him some background on them.
On the subject of the terminally ill guy, I would think that if Fisher & Co heard about the story, the least they should do would be to offer whatever transport he would need to take him to Sixfields and back (even if it's a private ambulance or something) and an executive box for him and his family.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Let's face it guys. Jeremy Vine used to work for the Coventry Evening Telegraph. No surprises with his investigative skills there, then.

Houchens Head

Agree Monners. His brother is hilarious!

Kingokings204

Jeremy Vine didn't even know Coventry played in Northampton. What a smarmy prick.

Houchens Head

Why would he go out of his way to investigate what's gone on? It's primarily a phone in for people to put their own view forward.

I used the term "Investigative skills" because as a BBC journalist he (or his team) should research a story first, before starting a debate on the matter. He clearly knows nothing about the city where he once worked.

fernandopartridge

I used the term "Investigative skills" because as a BBC journalist he (or his team) should research a story first, before starting a debate on the matter. He clearly knows nothing about the city where he once worked.

He started a debate on football in general, it wasn't specifically about Coventry City.

Users who are viewing this thread