Welcome to Sky Blues Talk!

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest. Join thousands of fellow Coventry City fans today!

Jeremy Kyle Show Suspended

  • Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 5849
  • Start date Start date
D

Deleted member 5849

Guest
After a guest dies shortly after filming an episode.

Now... I confess to Jeremy Kyle being a guilty pleasure of mine but, it's safe to say it's a little exploitative I always wondered how peoples' lives got so bad they thought being laughed at and ridiculed by two million viewers while being shouted at by a smug cock was the answer to their problems.

Worse, however, is how we get to a stage in society where some see it as their only option?
 
That is long article but really interesting. It's so exploitative.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
 
Can't help but feel the JK show is getting far too much stick for this.
The show has ran for 15 years near on, it's not new so people who apply to go on it (by now) should know what it is they're letting themselves in for.
Kyle is a grade A c**t granted, he picks sides and rips in to guests all the time. I don't watch the shit show and know the format.
Now, don't get me wrong, nobody who appears on the show should ever be made to feel like suicide is the way forward. But the stick JK/the show is getting (not only by the public but the hypocrites at ITV) in the grand scheme, is way ott.
When you think that the show has ran for 15 years, then shows like it (Jerry Springer, Oprah, Vanessa Felts etc) have ran for years before hand. This is the 1st incident of this kind I've heard about in the decades of chat shows of this mould.
However, the same company who are canning this show (ITV) are happy to air a 5th series of Love Island. A programme that, in 4 series, has returned 2 suicides. That's a 50% return. Yet where is the bloodlust from the general public to can the 5th series of this car crash TV?
 
Can't help but feel the JK show is getting far too much stick for this.
The show has ran for 15 years near on, it's not new so people who apply to go on it (by now) should know what it is they're letting themselves in for.
Kyle is a grade A c**t granted, he picks sides and rips in to guests all the time. I don't watch the shit show and know the format.
Now, don't get me wrong, nobody who appears on the show should ever be made to feel like suicide is the way forward. But the stick JK/the show is getting (not only by the public but the hypocrites at ITV) in the grand scheme, is way ott.
When you think that the show has ran for 15 years, then shows like it (Jerry Springer, Oprah, Vanessa Felts etc) have ran for years before hand. This is the 1st incident of this kind I've heard about in the decades of chat shows of this mould.
However, the same company who are canning this show (ITV) are happy to air a 5th series of Love Island. A programme that, in 4 series, has returned 2 suicides. That's a 50% return. Yet where is the bloodlust from the general public to can the 5th series of this car crash TV?

Not sure wanting to protect vulnerable people with mental issues is bloodlust, but I’d ban all these poverty porn/MH freak show programs.
 
very sad someone died but its good that the show is cancelled

its pathetic tv watched by pathetic people and plays a part in this country going downhill imo
 
I think the difference lies in that the JK death was probably a direct result of what happened on the show, some sort of lie detector/dna results with the death being so close to filming. The love island contestants, although given the platform by ITV to seek fame and fortune, you would say are due to long drawn out mental hardship. Contestants of love island haven't commit suicide because a fellow contestant dumped them on the show, it is due to the pressure society and the age of social media put on them with their new found "fame".

Of course it is easier for ITV to dump a daytime show which after 15 years has probably run its course over a primetime show in love island which is at its peak in product maturity and the advertising cash it generates probably keeps ITV2 going for the whole year.
 
However, the same company who are canning this show (ITV) are happy to air a 5th series of Love Island. A programme that, in 4 series, has returned 2 suicides. That's a 50% return. Yet where is the bloodlust from the general public to can the 5th series of this car crash TV?
tbf have seen quite a lot of people making this very point. If ITV have anything about them, they'll cut that too.
 
Not sure wanting to protect vulnerable people with mental issues is bloodlust, but I’d ban all these poverty porn/MH freak show programs.
Same. A whole grubby genre of TV made purely to highlight people to either point and laugh at or get angry toward.
 
I can definitely see the point on how they should approach Love Island - people attracted to do things like that just aren't well-adjusted to the world. Far too self-obsessed and vain to cope with actual reality. Spend their lives wanting to be famous and noticed and when they get it realise they don't want it because it's not all fortune and parties. Plus those fragile ego's just aren't going to be able to cope with the (wrong but) inevitable abuse and criticism on social media etc from being a 'celebrity'.

But having said that I'm glad Kyle is gone (even though I reckon the format may well end up being picked up by someone else). Would just love to see someone like Paxman on his haunches interviewing him. "Sooooo......how do you feel about exploiting intellectually challenged vulnerable people for entertainment and personal gain? Does it feel good to have ripped families apart and been partially responsible for the suicide of a guest? The DNA test are back and I can reveal.............you're scum"
 
even though I reckon the format may well end up being picked up by someone else
You can almost guarantee it. Kyle has been axed because nobody will really give it a second thought. It filled up hours of the daytime schedule cheaply. There will be some repeats of other shows as filler over the summer, and then a similar show will take its place. Kyle will probably end up doing his show for someone like channel 5 once his contract is up.
 
The show has always been a complete exploitation of the under class.

What is entertaining about watching uneducated poor people getting ridiculed by a rich coke headed dickhead?
 
The show has always been a complete exploitation of the under class.

What is entertaining about watching uneducated poor people getting ridiculed by a rich coke headed dickhead?
I agree - but I also think that Geordie Shore, Love Island, TOWIE etc are just as bad.

Telling young people that the way to succeed in life is to get your minge out on TV.
 
I agree - but I also think that Geordie Shore, Love Island, TOWIE etc are just as bad.

Telling young people that the way to succeed in life is to get your minge out on TV.

Yeah I fully agree.

The X Factor and all that shit can go into the same category too although it's supposedly based on the talent show premise, it's really just a platform for the star judges. The winners are cast into the abyss after a few months of stardom which must be soul destroying.
 
Never watch it as where I live in Bell Green you don't need to, as many people live their lives in public. You can get a woman shouting at a bloke while shoppers are moving about, calling him a bastard for bonking her best mate. Beggars and drunks asking for money, and youths looking for trouble. It's the Jeremy Kyle show without the host !
 
Never watch it as where I live in Bell Green you don't need to, as many people live their lives in public. You can get a woman shouting at a bloke while shoppers are moving about, calling him a bastard for bonking her best mate. Beggars and drunks asking for money, and youths looking for trouble. It's the Jeremy Kyle show without the host !
Have you got a balcony? Charge for a deck chair and a pound a can! Make a fortune.

I want VIP, a cushion and a cold can
 
Have you got a balcony? Charge for a deck chair and a pound a can! Make a fortune.

I want VIP, a cushion and a cold can
I said to my son the other night come and have a look at this going on outside. A group of kids were smashing the bus stop shelter up with a couple of people waiting there. The glass is still there today they've stopped cleaning it up as it gets smashed again. The kids love the attention.
 
It must be shite being named Jeremy. All the ones I've heard about are right c**ts!
Kyle
Corbyn
Paxman
Clarkson
 
I have no idea what the Love Island programme is about and don't wish to know. It just sounds pathetic, aimed at teeny teens and under 25's. I've also never watched that stupid sounding thing called Gogglebox. What the f**k? Watch some strangers watching telly? F**k me! Get a bleedin' life ffs!
 
I have no idea what the Love Island programme is about and don't wish to know. It just sounds pathetic, aimed at teeny teens and under 25's. I've also never watched that stupid sounding thing called Gogglebox. What the f**k? Watch some strangers watching telly? F**k me! Get a bleedin' life ffs!

You are right about Love Island, but look at its target market... vulnerable and impressionable youngsters who think is a social norm.
 
I think Simon Day sums it up for me
Check out @simonday24’s Tweet:
 
It must be shite being named Jeremy. All the ones I've heard about are right c**ts!
Kyle
Corbyn
Paxman
Clarkson
Don't forget Thorpe (I'm sure you recall him just as I do!)...& Springer who bought this k8 d of thing to a new low!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
 
Yeah I fully agree.

The X Factor and all that shit can go into the same category too although it's supposedly based on the talent show premise, it's really just a platform for the star judges. The winners are cast into the abyss after a few months of stardom which must be soul destroying.
Agree. Although the x factor does actually have a track record of getting their participants into the music business.
The Voice however, has not had any musical success. It's a joke of a show that just massages the egos of its judges.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom