JCH's Shoulders (1 Viewer)

Hobo

So McNulty leaving causes fan breakdown! Biamou good enough? Can Ponticelli step up?
This guy JCH needs to deliver! Is it hype or pedigree?

Sky Blue Harry H

I can see us creating a lot more chances with this squad, as in Andreu and Bayliss (Sterling too possibly) we have a few more players who are looking to make incisive passes. If Jones can get himself going again, we should be good to watch. Looking forward to the season

shmmeee

This is now striker shit poetry thread.

McNulty has gone.
Chaplin still at Portsmouth. Shit.
Hope Max can score goals.

Gint11

I’m happy with the squad apart from the strike force. Love Biamou but your looking at 5-10 goals from him. JCH is a different threat but hardly gets goals wherever he’s been and Ponticelli isn’t ready. Not doom and gloom because looking at the squad I think we have goals in us, andreu, Jones, Shipley, Bayliss etc but we need 1/2 more strikers.

Hobo

I’m happy with the squad apart from the strike force. Love Biamou but your looking at 5-10 goals from him. JCH is a different threat but hardly gets goals wherever he’s been and Ponticelli isn’t ready. Not doom and gloom because looking at the squad I think we have goals in us, andreu, Jones, Shipley, Bayliss etc but we need 1/2 more strikers.

Do you think we should wait for the right strikers to be available? Or do you think we need to recruit and right now?

AStonesThrow

Would like to see Allasani get a few games this season early on, see if he's got consistent goal scoring ability too

Nonleagueherewecome

I reckon Andreu might surprise a few with some goals as well.

If we can start getting goals all over the pitch rather than just relying on one player and creating decent chances it may not be so bad.
I think we're banking on Tony scoring at a similar rate to in Scotland as it's hard to see JCH and Max getting more than 8-10. Hopefully Jodi back to last seasons form before too long and double figures too and if it's the 3 attacking midfielders with one up top, Allassani could well be a revelation and also get 8-12.

Covstu

I can see everyone getting on JCH’s back when he doesn’t score 20 a season then...

shmmeee

Anyone who has seen us pre season: have we finally got midfielders running past the striker? Cos that'll be key if we're to get goals across the team. Too often we've isolated the front one/two

Gint11

Do you think we should wait for the right strikers to be available? Or do you think we need to recruit and right now?

Wait to get the ones we want. We’ve got enough to cope until it happens

Warwickhunt

Its about time JCH stood up and take the position by the scruff of the neck! With Andreu(Andrew) playing he will get enough chances to make a difference cos if he dont then sell him in January

Hobo

Its about time JCH stood up and take the position by the scruff of the neck! With Andreu(Andrew) playing he will get enough chances to make a difference cos if he dont then sell him in January

Exactly he should be out to prove he is the man to get and set up goals.

Covstu

MR wouldn’t be looking for a 20 a season striker if he thought he was the man however but let’s hope now he is permanent he makes it his own

Hobo

MR wouldn’t be looking for a 20 a season striker if he thought he was the man however but let’s hope now he is permanent he makes it his own

I don't think he is a 20 plus striker. But if he could hit about 14 and have about 10 assists that would be a good contribution, especially if 2 or 3 of the midfielders can nudge double figures.

Nick

Administrator
I don't think he is a 20 plus striker. But if he could hit about 14 and have about 10 assists that would be a good contribution, especially if 2 or 3 of the midfielders can nudge double figures.

I do think we need to try and get away from the reliance on one player and start to spread goals about.

It will come from making decent chances which we didn't really do last season.

Hobo

I do think we need to try and get away from the reliance on one player and start to spread goals about.

Exactly, relying on one striker is dangerous. What if they get injured are or just off form? I prefer the team mindset of everyone taking responsibility for scoring goals.

Nick

Administrator
Exactly, relying on one striker is dangerous. What if they get injured are or just off form? I prefer the team mindset of everyone taking responsibility for scoring goals.

Also makes us harder to play against if we have threats from more than one player, won't just need to do a job on a McNulty to stop us from scoring.

Covstu

Most decent teams have a focal point however...

Users who are viewing this thread