JCH (5 Viewers)

chiefdave

People moaning about goalscorers. JCH was hardly banging them in was he?
What do people want. There's been people moaning for weeks, Robins has gone out and done something and now people are moaning that the players who weren't performing have left!

We had one of the biggest squads in the division, we weren't just going to add more players and not let anyone go.

rob9872

We do seem to have been getting rid of contracted players and replacing with loans. Feels like we have another mini rebuild coming in the summer.
Some ard the same thing though really. Doyle was perm but contract up in summer where as meyler is loan but ends same time. Makes sense in Jan unless special player

steve82

Nope, my only issue is that he did offer something slightly different even if he wasn't great.

Agree with this, Bakayoko must come into the reckoning now. Not the physical outlet I’d prefer but the only bit of muscle available this season currently

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ajsccfc

One thing that sticks out about losing both Doyle and JCH on the same day is that we've lost a large part of our dickhead element, which you need in every team. Hopefully Meyler's a proper shithouse to make up the difference.

Nick

Administrator
One thing that sticks out about losing both Doyle and JCH on the same day is that we've lost a large part of our dickhead element, which you need in every team. Hopefully Meyler's a proper shithouse to make up the difference.

Not having that about JCH, he rarely did much. Only time has been Wycombe and the Southend steward.

For a big lad and a gangster he didn't do much like that.

chiefdave

JCH was only a dickhead if someone got him wound up which seemed to be happening less and less.

ajsccfc

Not having that about JCH, he rarely did much. Only time has been Wycombe and the Southend steward.

For a big lad and a gangster he didn't do much like that.

Not dickhead in an angry windup way, he could deliver a seminar in drawing fouls in the most unnecessary positions on the pitch though. Not even a diving sense, something about him would attract stupid time-wasting challenges. If you wanted to kill a game off, JCH and Tudgay up front could outlast civilisation itself

Nick

Administrator
Not dickhead in an angry windup way, he could deliver a seminar in drawing fouls in the most unnecessary positions on the pitch though. Not even a diving sense, something about him would attract stupid time-wasting challenges. If you wanted to kill a game off, JCH and Tudgay up front could outlast civilisation itself

True, it's just that at 2-0 down we didnt need that in our lives!

Super Graham Withey

OR he has got rid of players he isn't going to play?
JCH would have been involved in every game for the rest of the season if he’d stayed. Granted not so sure about Doyle though. Ogogo a strange one but for me never given a proper chance. And clearly no takers for Brown, A serious lack of senior players in the squad now. Prepare to be outmuscled by Gillingham, Rochdale, Fleetwood, Scunthorpe etc.

Nick

Administrator
What are the odds that JCH going will be a reason for anger for some fans?

giphy.gif

block16

All for letting them go to bring more in but we haven’t really done that. Ogogo Doyle JCH all on big wages I’d imagine. What we’ve got in return is 2 loan players (one injury prone) and an untried youngster who will most likely be in the development squad. Wasted window when we desperately needed a striker.

larry_david

Whilst we all wanted a striker who can score. I feel half the problem is having too many strikers who get 60 mins to score and if they don't they're out. Baka, hiwula, cc, ponti are our players and with jch going it allows more consistency for them to play.

JCH is no loss. He was a dream, cov lad coming home, started like a house on fire but turns it on for 1 in 9 games and even then he wasn't reliable

Nick

Administrator
All for letting them go to bring more in but we haven’t really done that. Ogogo Doyle JCH all on big wages I’d imagine. What we’ve got in return is 2 loan players (one injury prone) and an untried youngster who will most likely be in the development squad. Wasted window when we desperately needed a striker.

People don't stop to think how many strikers we actually have....

Terry_dactyl

Whilst we all wanted a striker who can score. I feel half the problem is having too many strikers who get 60 mins to score and if they don't they're out. Baka, hiwula, cc, ponti are our players and with jch going it allows more consistency for them to play.

JCH is no loss. He was a dream, cov lad coming home, started like a house on fire but turns it on for 1 in 9 games and even then he wasn't reliable
Good points, well made.
Robins wanted to trim the squad. Probably saves a bit of cash. We’re probably not going up or down (fuck I hope not) this year, so might be worth trying to play some of our wunderkinds in preparation for next season.

Nick

Administrator

Exactly.

Give baka a run and I'd put money on him doing better.

JCH 313 minutes per goal and no assists, Baka 137 minutes per goal and an assist.

Great_Expectations

JCH would have been involved in every game for the rest of the season if he’d stayed. Granted not so sure about Doyle though. Ogogo a strange one but for me never given a proper chance. And clearly no takers for Brown, A serious lack of senior players in the squad now. Prepare to be outmuscled by Gillingham, Rochdale, Fleetwood, Scunthorpe etc.

Willis and Davies at the back, Kelly/Bayliss and Meyler in the middle. I don’t see any of them (bar maybe Kelly) being bullied.

Doyle and Ogogo weren’t playing, and JCH was the biggest lightweight we had. Plus Meyler is more experienced than the latter two, and has a stronger pedigree.

We aren’t in a worse place.

Sky Blue Pete

1 loan 1 permanent

Forever_Blue

Bloody hell. I bet the club's Facebook is also getting some absolutely cracking replies that don't make you wish someone would turn the internet off one day
There’s one simpleton on there who refuses to believe he’s gone because apparently “Robins only said 2 players are leaving”

rob9872

Are people forgetting all the business we did earlier in the month too? Chaplin permanent, Drysdale, Bright, extension of Thomas, the lad from Ary in the summer.

Nick

Administrator
Are people forgetting all the business we did earlier in the month too? Chaplin permanent, Drysdale, Bright, extension of Thomas, the lad from Ary in the summer.

Exactly, keep saying people forget the whole month.

Users who are viewing this thread