JCH (1 Viewer)

Sick Boy

Released by recently promoted Rotherham. Would you keep him? Should we be looking elsewhere if we are looking to progress?

While I feel he started well, I can't help but think that there could be better options out there with the aim of taking us to the next level.

Thoughts?

Nick

Administrator
Im not sure, it depends what other options there are. He might be a different player after a pre season.

Marty

I think he has potential but I wouldn't rush into signing him up.

CovBurty

Tend to agree with OP. He falls over too much for me. Always looking to go down. Should use his strength rather than fall over. How many times did you see Big Cyril fall over and he was a powerful build. JCH is bigger yet easier to push over. Subs bench player.

Sick Boy

Tend to agree with OP. He falls over too much for me. Always looking to go down. Should use his strength rather than fall over. How many times did you see Big Cyril fall over and he was a powerful build. JCH is bigger yet easier to push over. Subs bench player.

When he first came in he seemed much more up for it and made a bigger impact, against Crewe away he looked decent but since then he hasn't really done a lot for me.

Not sure he will be the answer in League 1.

BlueElephant

Whatever decision MR makes I will back him. There’s definitely a useful player in there but he doesn’t do it consistently enough.

Hobo

There is a good player in there somewhere. He does go to ground far to easily. I don't think he showed enough though. Not sure a full pre season would make a difference, as I think attitude is the main thing holding him back.

I think if Robins wanted him he would already be through the door and across the line.

skybluetony176

Undoubtedly he gave us the shot in the arm we needed when he arrived but then fizzled out. Also went down for fun like others have already pointed out. I think all things considered he’s probably done enough to earn a contract. 12months with an option to extend would be about right. Can’t help but feel that if he was here for a whole season we might not miss him if we didn’t take the option but I think he’s done enough to earn the opportunity to prove otherwise.

pastythegreat

He gave us an initial lift on his arrival. He certainly gave Biamou the kick up the arse he needed to find the net. Much welcomed competition for that position.
Personally though, with this new Reice fella, a fit Andrue and JJ I can see MR going back to a 4231 formation and do we need 2 number 9s sitting around waiting for the odd cameo here and there? I'd keep Biamou over JCH tbf
Thanks for the help for promotion this season but that'll be all thank you

higgs

I expected more out of him I would have thought he would have got us 10 goals since he signed but he didn't get even close. I don't think we can afford to have another non goalscoring striker on our books

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

stevefloyd

Didn't do enough for me, didn't look a goal threat towards the end of the season however saying that neither did McNulty at the beginning of the season, should be bossing defenders not being a pussy and keep falling over...don't like cheats !!

rob9872

Needs a proper run. Hasn't had it for a long time but is proven at this level. I'd ceratinly give him a go buto possibly only a 1 year deal with a 1 year option in our favour and I don' think he'd sign that.

fatso

I think his biggest contribution was giving Biamou a kick up the arse, which was much needed.
It’s funny how Biamou’s performances and goals coincided with the arrival of JCH
Personally I’d be happy to see both of them moved on, I think we need better in league1. I’d go for Jayden Stockley from Exeter City,

Sky Blue Harry H

I think his biggest contribution was giving Biamou a kick up the arse, which was much needed.
It’s funny how Biamou’s performances and goals coincided with the arrival of JCH
Personally I’d be happy to see both of them moved on, I think we need better in league1. I’d go for Jayden Stockley from Exeter City,

Biamou will be on low wages and offered a lot - why let him go to replace him with higher wages and not know what you are getting. Stockley would cost fee, wages and Max is still improving.

stupot07

He didn't do enough for me, there will be better options out there, so its a no from me.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

I would keep him especially if Robins goes back to one up top and McNulty goes.

Nonleagueherewecome

I'd be surprised if he didn't sign up as a part of his initial deal, especially if we paid as much as is rumoured (125k wasn't it?) in his "loan with a view to permanent". But the fact that it's gone quiet on that and this hasn't been confirmed since promotion must mean that there is a doubt about that happening.

I would keep him because he's young, "one of our own" with unfinished business and I do think he can play at Championship level as he's done a job there and at L1 before. He's still working his way back from injury setbacks and undoubtedly has potential-as Grendel often points out in match threads by way of comparison to Biamou, he clearly has ability. However....I would sit him down with the video of the Brighton FA Cup game and tell him that I want to see THAT passion and determination every week, because if he's on his game he's capable of causing top flight defences real problems. But he lost his place to Biamou deservedly and has to stop sulking and show what he is capable of a lot more often.

The Reverend Skyblue

I would keep him, but he needs to get fitter for next season. Hes quite bulky which is not a bad thing but he needs to up his workrate a bit more.
I think he would do a good job in League 1

Users who are viewing this thread