JCH (1 Viewer)

larry_david

Now that promotion is settling in what can we say about jch? Gave us the shot in the arm we needed during a poor spell in January. Gave biamou the kick up the arse he needed to produce goals but the last 2 months (since crewe really) he's looked pretty poor to me and in league 1, I'd rather we looked elsewhere.

Only thing I can assume is he needs a full pre season after a long long injury but he looked knackered yesterday after 10 mins and his constant falling over is becoming laughable.

If the Mansfield away jonno played for us every week I'd start him every match, just seems something has changed

Desmondo

Now that promotion is settling in what can we say about jch? Gave us the shot in the arm we needed during a poor spell in January. Gave biamou the kick up the arse he needed to produce goals but the last 2 months (since crewe really) he's looked pretty poor to me and in league 1, I'd rather we looked elsewhere.

Only thing I can assume is he needs a full pre season after a long long injury but he looked knackered yesterday after 10 mins and his constant falling over is becoming laughable.

If the Mansfield away jonno played for us every week I'd start him every match, just seems something has changed

Desmondo

Oops. What I meant to say is that I like him. He works hard and is a unit when he stops being Bambi on Ice. Keep a hold of him!

stevefloyd

I am not so sure we should keep hold of him !! If his goal scoring was anywhere near his Tom Daley impressions I would say definitely keep him but sadly they aren't

Seamus1

I'm not sure how this loan fee works, or if we are now committed to buying him...but if we had a chance of saving that £175k or however much it is, I would rather use it to offer new and improved contracts to McNulty and Bayliss, and use whatever is left over to look elsewhere

Ricketts

I was impressed when he first came, and I would like to think he can do a job.

With a good pre-season and some Mark Robins coaching, maybe he is what we need to supplement Max.

Would we rather have Nazon?

Mcbean

I think he just needs a good fitness regime and introduce him to sprinting - he is strong to knock off the ball and was a perfect sub for the Notts county game

Mucca Mad Boys

JCH has got a decent record at Oldham in L1, we’ve already paid for him so we’ll definitely sign him. The question then becomes is he a starter or not. Assuming we continue with 4-4-2 (which isn’t a given, with Andreu and Jones coming back), I think we’ll need 4 strikers. Whilst I like JP, he’s still very raw and we could do with signing a striker and possibly JP going to a L2 side on loan (or he has a real good preseason and a viable 4th choice in L1).

I don’t think he was knackered, we definitely took the foot off the gas in the last 20m, you could see it with Reid and JCH in particular.

I like Biamou, but I’d we’re looking to kick on, and can’t see him being a 1st choice striker. He’ll make a good impact sub! With it being a harder league, I think McNulty will get about 13-18 league goals so we’ll definitely need firepower elsewhere.

Johnnythespider

Have to say I was expecting more from him in terms of efforts at goal, as Grendel pointed out in other threads he works defenders, unfortunately he doesn't work the keeper enough for my liking, but i would keep him as I think he is probably rusty after his injury and with a pre- season behind him should be sharper.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I’m not sure. Said it before if we went up I couldn’t decide if we’d keep a hold of him or not; overall I’m not sure he’d be what we needed for League One, if we want to challenge up top anyway.

He has done some good things, but seems more of an impact player st this level; not sure we can afford to carry anyone in League One.

Seems a nice guy though and clearly loves the club

Otis

Have to say I was expecting more from him in terms of efforts at goal, as Grendel pointed out in other threads he works defenders, unfortunately he doesn't work the keeper enough for my liking, but i would keep him as I think he is probably rusty after his injury and with a pre- season behind him should be sharper.
Good point about the keepers.

How many efforts in goal does he actually have?

Adge

I’m not sure. Said it before if we went up I couldn’t decide if we’d keep a hold of him or not; overall I’m not sure he’d be what we needed for League One, if we want to challenge up top anyway.

He has done some good things, but seems more of an impact player st this level; not sure we can afford to carry anyone in League One.

Seems a nice guy though and clearly loves the club
I'm a nice guy-I'll have a 5 year deal please.

Kingokings204

He is a league 2 player and that’s where he should stay.

I like him and he clearly loves Cov but we need better.

SkyBlueCRJ

So 50/50 on JCH. Came in and was a complete force but he's taken his foot of the peddle as of late. Also, out of nowhere he's picked up his horrible habit of throwing himself to the floor every 5 minutes which subsequently sends me into orbit. If he's kept, which I think he probably will be, Robins needs to address this as it doesn't help himself or the team.

Credit to him though, thought he was good yesterday.

stupot07

In hoping we're not tied into signing him. He hasn't done enough for me to warrant keeping him next season, just isn't enough of a goal threat or the target man we'd hoped for. There will be better available out there in the summer.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

AVWskyblue

[QUOTE="Ricketts, post:

With a good pre-season and some Mark Robins coaching, maybe he is what we need to supplement Max.

Exactly this, Mcnulty was a slow starter as was Bimou, MR coached them two and they improved vastly I expect the same with JCH

Sent from my 5010X using Tapatalk

oscillatewildly

[QUOTE="Ricketts, post:

Exactly this, Mcnulty was a slow starter as was Bimou, MR coached them two and they improved vastly I expect the same with JCH

Sent from my 5010X using Tapatalk
I think so too. I presume he's 'settled', which can be a big help for a player so no need for that to be a concern or distraction for a new signing coming in. One year deal only tho - see how he gets on next season. Can't see too many clubs, Lg1 or 2 offering him any better.

Manchester_sky_blue

In hoping we're not tied into signing him. He hasn't done enough for me to warrant keeping him next season, just isn't enough of a goal threat or the target man we'd hoped for. There will be better available out there in the summer.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
If we did pay the reported £125k “loan fee” or anything even close to that amount there is no way we are going to pass up signing him, we can’t afford to waste that kind of cash. Even if it means selling him on in January to recoup some funds.

Users who are viewing this thread