Jay Tabb leaves Reading (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue_Bear83

He'll probably go to a championship club, if the question to the answer above is 'would I like him back here' then yes is my answer to the next question

Yorkshire SB

Don't think he'd just walk into many championship sides, barely played for reading in the previous two years, bar a spell this season. Don't think it would be too unrealistic to get him back, but were he to go into League 1 then I'd imagine he'd go to Brentford over us.

Would love to see him back but its unlikely this season. If he stays til the end of the season and we gain promotion we could have a chance, but if he leaves now, Palace, Blackpool, Cardiff, that sort of team is your best bet

chiefdave

didn't he leave here because he was homesick and wanted to move back closer to home? if so there's not much chance of him coming back again.

didn't he leave here because he was homesick and wanted to move back closer to home? if so there's not much chance of him coming back again.

I thought he moved because the team found out he was gay ?

lordsummerisle

Never understood why people had to knock Jay Tabb.

Always played well for us, scored goals, and was Player Of the Season before he left.

Would have rather have had him playing than the lesser players he was replaced with.

torchomatic

I liked Tabb, I was sad to see him leave. He'd be good at our level.

Nick

Administrator
He will go to a Championship team no doubt although he has been playing this season hasn't he?

Paxman II

Former Sky Blue Tabb

"I rate him very highly but at this moment in time he has not been offered a contract.
"It is a balancing act. We have just signed Hope Akpan and Daniel Carrico and have five or six top midfield players and if Jay wants to play elsewhere then I will do right by him."

Does that manager know what he is saying? So you rate him very highly but went ahead and signed players that you must rate very, very, very highly then!

Would he be a fit back here instead of say Bailey? If can't convince he's worth a place at Reading then he will have to drop a league at least.

BenInTurin

Facebook User
A very good replacement for a loanee I think but I can't see us being able to afford his wages

hill83

He'll get snapped up by a Championship team I'd imagine. Always rated him when he was here.

SkyBlueBee

Would love to have him back at Brentford, he used to come to some of our games as a fan when he left us for City. If we get promoted i'd like to see if we can re-sign him.

stupot07

Ipswich Town boss Mick McCarthy will offer a deal to Reading midfielder Jay Tabb at the end of the season. The 29-year-old, on loan at Ipswich from the Royals, is out of contract in the summer.

McCarthy tells BBC Radio Suffolk: "I know he's on a free and I'd like to sign him. I told him that. He's really added something to us."

Won't he get homesick?

trondegilsoltvedt97

Not surprised he is leavin Reading, but definitely a player to do decent job in Championship (mid level). Good luck to him, always appeared genuine hard working guy

Users who are viewing this thread