Jay Bothroyd (2 Viewers)

ericagradus

Both Bothroyd and Burke have failed to agree new deals with Cardiff.

Will Bothroyd be back in the Premiership? Maybe an option for QPR?

I would prefer he stayed in the Championship so we can give him so abuse!

C

Clive Plattini

Get the feeling Cardiff will be pretty short of cash now. Bothroyd will go to Prem strugglers I reckon. Wigan or somewhere.

RansonRarrr

On loan players Craig Bellamy, Jason Brown, Stephen Bywater, Jay Emmanuel-Thomas, Jason Koumas, Seyi Olofinjana and Jlloyd Samuel are to return to their parent clubs so it looks like Cardiff are going to lose alot of their talent for next season.

procdoc

they will bring in about 10 more loan players for next season, they are a farcical club and I'd love it if they went bust

CovKingChris

Facebook User
Cardiff should be in administration, but due to them being controlled by the welsh fa, they haven't gone in to it. They're flat out broke and they needed promotion. I wouldn't be surprised if they got deducted points this season.

Marty

Not sure if this is correct but i'm sure i've read somewhere that from next season the Welsh clubs will be under control of the English FA, which if true would make a much fairer system and the bias to Cardiff & Swansea won't happen anymore.

tippex9

Preston were suffering in a very similar way last year and look what happened to them!!! Fingers crossed.

hamil99

Facebook User
Cardiff should be in administration, but due to them being controlled by the welsh fa, they haven't gone in to it. They're flat out broke and they needed promotion. I wouldn't be surprised if they got deducted points this season.

Exactly what I thought. They were in serious financial difficulty at the start of the season, then loaned in a lot of players. How can they survive?

BurbageSkyBlues

Mm will do better with AT's style of play.

Our previous attacking approach has been too flat and predictable. With movement and switching play from side to side, it pulls defenders out of position, hopefully MM can exploit that.

kg82

Mm will do better with AT's style of play.

Our previous attacking approach has been too flat and predictable. With movement and switching play from side to side, it pulls defenders out of position, hopefully MM can exploit that.

Er, not with us he won't! He was one of the 5 players released.

kg82

I can see him somewhere like wolves, qpr, Blackburn, whoever wins the playoffs?

Can't see him going back somewhere, he's the sort of person that doesn't get on well with supporters and holds a grudge I would say - so that rules out Wolves and Blackburn. Maybe QPR, maybe Reading if they went up (couldn't see him going to Swansea). I could actually see him going to a fairly decent prem team though, not saying he'd be successful but I could see someone taking a punt on him. Villa or someone like that.

cloughie

Cardiff had all their hopes on promotion this year s**t or bust i think they call it. All high paid players and all loan player leave as a result of a failed gamble. Well I for one won't be sorry to see them go into administration then be deducted points and relegated. Thats what cheating deserves, no other club in their situation would have got away with it. Ah well there is always the welsh league for them to aim for.

Last edited:

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Everton like taking risks on Championship players (Cahill, Beckford, although he was league 1 so even more risky, Jagielka.....) so maybe a move for Bothroyd?? Either way i dont care where he ends up.

Would be good to see Burke here, although i agree i cant see it happenin!!

Disorganised1

Sunderland certainly need a striker

rob9872

So did Michael McIndoe when he played against us

He was up against Osbourne at right back, even Heather Mills would have given him something to think about.

Zen

I was at the Cardiff match and I was impressed by Burke - didn't he come on as a sub to set up the winner? I'd love to see him play for us.

Users who are viewing this thread